The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

+

The Witcher 1 & 2 Remakes?

• Yes I would love TW1&2 remastered Edition for PS4 and XboxOne

Votes: 213 47.2%
  • No I don't want this (please specify why)

Votes: 116 25.7%
  • A remake for all platforms.

Votes: 122 27.1%

• Total voters
I have the W2 to X1, thanks to the backward compatibility. But never played the W1.
In matter of graphics, the witcher 2 still very good, even today. No need to do a remastered version. But thw witcher 1 seems a bit outdated (by the videos that i saw on the youtube).

Guest 2364765

TW2 doesn't really need a remake or remaster, it still mostly stands up to what it was supposed to be.

However W1 really could use a remake with proper engine and a team that now has a bunch of actual experience with making games.

However W1 really could use a remake with proper engine and a team that now has a bunch of actual experience with making games.

It could, if someone would be interested in making it and would have nothing else to do. CDPR are more interested in making new games, so prospects of such remake are unlikely. Also, producing a remake without making it worse isn't simple. It's not just about using newer engines. Remakes can change mechanics, or some game logic, and the result can turn out to be worse than the original.

Last edited:

Guest 2364765

Remakes can change mechanics, or some game logic, and the result can turn out to be worse than the original.
Well, go ahead and surprise me by making a combat mechanic that'd be worse than TW1 one.

Every time i think of TW1 combat i can't help but also think of this:
[video=youtube;-bh2YZZ4mbs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bh2YZZ4mbs[/video]

I don't find combat mechanics in TW1 to be bad. Not sure why people have problems with it. I guess some just don't get that it's rhythmic. It's rather simple once they understand how it works.

I don't find combat mechanics in TW1 to be bad. Not sure why people have problems with it. I guess some just don't get that it's rhythmic. It's rather simple once they understand how it works.

It's a unique system and very gratifying for me. My problem is the controls to dodge are not great. Compared to TW2 and TW3, the inputs aren't nearly as responsive.

---------- Updated at 08:58 PM ----------

Well, go ahead and surprise me by making a combat mechanic that'd be worse than TW1 one.

Every time i think of TW1 combat i can't help but also think of this:
[video=youtube;-bh2YZZ4mbs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bh2YZZ4mbs[/video]

I feel there's enough under the hood in terms of effects and abilities to make it much more than that. But then I turn off the attack icon and go with the flow.

:cool:

TW1 has aged reaaally fucking badly. Just look at Zoltan, jesus christ. I hope they'll remake it after Cyberpunk. Change the combat, make dialogues better like in TW3, fix all the running back and forth and make it clearer that the salamandra getting the witcher potions is disasterous. They could recycle kaer morhen from TW3 and all the model's textures for all I care, I just hope they remake it.

If you liked the original game you could always not play the remake.

Antiquus amor cancer est, all people eager to revive what's precious, but I do hope CDPR won't spend their time on making the same game all over again. And if someone can't play the original, then they can't call themselves a true fans of the Witcher series. 8)
Anyway, I think Cyberpunk is the only thing that should be important right now. Bring on the fresh stories and new worlds.

No, because CD Projekt is pretty much done with The Witcher for now.

Last thing they need is to go back to The Witcher, they probably tired of the franchise, I don't expect anything Witcher related in the next 10 years.

Please REMAKE THE WITCHER 1 AND 2 with THE WITCHER 3 ENGINE

I only played the Witcher 3 and want to play 1 and 2, but feel hard to accept the old engine used in 1 and 2.

If cdproject red can remake 1 and 2 with the latest engine that would be marvalous and many players will buy the remade edition, I think.

There is a thread for this already.

And most likely it won't happen anyway.

---------- Updated at 02:42 AM ----------

and want to play 1 and 2, but feel hard to accept the old engine used in 1 and 2.

Engine in 2 isn't really old. It's rather old in Witcher 1, but the game is still perfectly playable. I recommend you to play both games without trying to "accept" (or not) the engine, and see for yourself if you like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thw way I see it remaking Witcher 1 would destroy this unique atmosphere that Witcher 2 & 3 lack. If it comes to Witcher 2 it's aging really well. For me W2 still looks beautiful even today.

No.
The games are fine as they are. Witcher 1 is on an entirely different engine and both games are on a very different scale and W3 engine could be troublesome with them. The gameplay also differs quite notably between the three of them (once again, Witcher 1 being especially different).
Also, I'd rather prefer to see CD Projekt work on a new game rather than remaster games that don't need remastering.

Remake of Witcher 1 as it's 10th Anniversary, why not. (If studio outside CDPR is willing to do it, CDPR shouldn't and they won't "waste" their time and resources on that while they are making Cyberpunk). But Witcher 2 definitely doesn't need remake, atleast yet.

Top Bottom