The Witcher 1 mods - where are they gone?

+
I know that The Tribute in particular is included in the gog version of the game, which you should have access to no matter what.

When the forums were "upgraded" during the release of TW2, all the lists of mods w/ links were crippled, and most never recovered. When the forums were "upgraded" again earlier this year, it was the final nail in the coffin for old lists of TW1 mod links. The lists of adventures w/ links was just dismantled and no one even tried to rebuild it.

Are you looking for fan adventures or just mods that change the main game? I have all the adventures. If there's really some adventures that are just lost, I'll reupload them if requested. I don't really come on here anymore but I don't want people to miss out on TW1 mods.

When the forums were "upgraded" during the release of TW2, all the lists of mods w/ links were crippled, and most never recovered. When the forums were "upgraded" again earlier this year, it was the final nail in the coffin for old lists of TW1 mod links. The lists of adventures w/ links was just dismantled and no one even tried to rebuild it.

Are you looking for fan adventures or just mods that change the main game? I have all the adventures. If there's really some adventures that are just lost, I'll reupload them if requested. I don't really come on here anymore but I don't want people to miss out on TW1 mods.
My primarly intention is to save the mods and adventures for the wiki, so that everyone can access it easily and from everywhere. Last week there was a question because of broken links to the Tribute adventure - I'd like to actualize the informations there or give hints, how to find them. :)

I've been hosting some of the hard-to-find adventures on my website for awhile. I didn't make these; I'm just hosting some of the ones that seem to have become otherwise unavailable, including "The Tribute," "John's Diary," "Graveyard Party" and both of the CDPR-made adventures for TW1.

I'm not allowed to post the links here, because the #@$% forum software thinks I'm a new user, but perhaps a moderator can edit the link in. *grump* *grump*

http://corylea.com/other_adventures.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Done, and welcome back, Corylea :)

Thanks for the welcome, but I just ducked in for a minute, to post about a bugfix I made at someone's request. I've retired from Witcher modding and now spend my time writing Star Trek fanfiction (under another name). I haven't been well enough to play TW3, but people tell me that it's fabulous. I hope to be well enough to play it one of these days...

Best wishes to all!

It would be a big job for someone to go through manually looking for these, but if you do come across any, then feel free to either report the post or contact a moderator. If you have a current link, that would be even better.

I can't guarantee that we'll find everything if it's reported, but we do know sometimes, and we can update those old posts.

It would be a big job for someone to go through manually looking for these, but if you do come across any, then feel free to either report the post or contact a moderator. If you have a current link, that would be even better.

I can't guarantee that we'll find everything if it's reported, but we do know sometimes, and we can update those old posts.

I can rebuild the entire list of fan adventures w/ links to the downloads/support threads, Dragonbird, if you or another mod would be willing to use it / replace the existing list (the one HERE).

Alternatively, if I could be given permission to edit my list of reviews for TW1 adventures, I could insert the links to the downloads and topics there and that could just be the main list.

Last edited:
I can rebuild the entire list of fan adventures w/ links to the downloads/support threads, Dragonbird, if you or another mod would be willing to use it / replace the existing list (the one HERE).

Alternatively, if I could be given permission to edit my list of reviews for TW1 adventures, I could insert the links to the downloads and topics there and that could just be the main list.

Both would be great, whichever you prefer. I've temporarily re-opened the Reviews thread so you should be able to edit that.

Both would be great, whichever you prefer. I've temporarily re-opened the Reviews thread so you should be able to edit that.

Great, I really appreciate that. I edited my review list so there are now links to the downloads and appropriate threads. I tried to post multiple download sources wherever possible. So the adventure list should be in good shape for the foreseeable future.

So long as CDPR doesn't update the forums again. :facepalm2:

Top Bottom