The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition – Reviews

+
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition – Reviews

Last week we shared some of the first reviews of the Enhanced Edition when they started appearing online. Today we present to you all of the recent media coverage we managed to find. If you guys find any extra ones that are not listed in this post, feel free to let us know we will add them.On behalf of the whole RED Studio we would like to thank everyone for your reviews and the warm reception of the newly released Enhanced Edition.
Gameinformer 9/10
Gram.pl 9/10
Gry online - 9.5/10
Polygamia - 5/5
Impulsegamer 9.5/10
Gamereactor UK 9/10
incgamers.com 9/10
Strategy Informer 9/10
The Independent 5/5
Digital Spy 5 stars
Holy Moly! 9/10
WhatCulture 5 stars
NewBriev 4.5/5
TheGameJar 7/10
Games-Review-It 4.75/5
Sussex Express 8/10
Nowgamer 9/10
OXMUK - 9/10
OXMUS - 85/100
Gamecatalyst - A
Firstpost 5/5
VideoGamer 9/10
Eurogamer 9/10
N4G 10/10
ShopToNews 6/6
AusGamers 8.4/10
GamesRadar 9/10
IGN 8.5/10
Neoseeker 9/10
Rocketsaw 9/10
Digital Trends 8,5/10
Geek Citadel
metro.co.uk7/10
gamingbolt.com9.5/10
made2game 10/10
finalbossfight.co.uk9/10
Computerandvideogames 9.2/10
Gaming Age 9.1/10
Videogamer 9/10
Gamestyle 8/10
XGN 9.3/10
Gamer.nl 8.5/10
Meristation 9.6/10
3Djuegos 9.3/10
vandal.net9.4/10
Eurogamer Italy 10/10
Spazio Games 9/10
Mondoxbox 9.3/10
Multiplayer.it 9.4/10
Everyeye.it 9.2/10
Gamereactor SE 9/10
FZ 5/5 Editors Choice
IGN Sweden 7.5
Gamereactor NO 9/10
Gamereactor FI 9/10
Gameblog.fr 5/5
Jeuxvideo 18/20
GamAlive 8/10
GamingXP 9/10
Gamezone.de 8.8/10
Gamersglobal.de 8.5/10
GamingXp 9/10
Eurogamer.de 9/10
Gameswelt.de 88/100

metro.co.uk wrote "You don't build such a romantic relationship with your character as in Mass Effect, but The Witcher 2's attitude and portrayal of sex is certainly more adult than almost any other video game."

I'm sorry, but did their minds blow up when Geralt has that conversation with Triss afterwards? I thought their love for each was quite subtle and nothing gushy mushy as in Mass Effect.

bcheero said:
metro.co.uk wrote "You don't build such a romantic relationship with your character as in Mass Effect, but The Witcher 2's attitude and portrayal of sex is certainly more adult than almost any other video game."

I'm sorry, but did their minds blow up when Geralt has that conversation with Triss afterwards? I thought their love for each was quite subtle and nothing gushy mushy as in Mass Effect.

In today's world, love by definition is melodramatic. Subtle just means "you don't give a fuck."

Sad really.

Czech sites : games.cz - 9/10
hrej.cz - 10/10
Eurogamer.cz - 10/10
konzolista.cz - 10/10
Slovak sites : Sector.sk - 9/10

There are some other games hitting the marketplace this week, but none come close to the sex appeal of The Witcher 2's console debut.

Taking things a bit further, we here at GT have named The Witcher 2 EE our game of the week on our various social networking platforms

GameTrailers liked it also :)

Aah, this list is so informative. It clearly indicates first candidates to be banned from The Witcher 3 early review copies

On a more serious note, congratulations guys! You are now formally among dem big boyz now! :)

gregski said:
Aah, this list is so informative. It clearly indicates first candidates to be banned from The Witcher 3 early review copies

On a more serious note, congratulations guys! You are now formally among dem big boyz now! :)

They are "The Big Little Dog" now for sure !!!!!!

Let's just hope they keep the same formula that has brought them success without forgetting who got them to the party in the first place. That's right us PC gamers. We rule!!!! So does PCDR!!!!

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Future News might be contemplating doing a review soon, Dirk Thrustington looks back on classic games of the early millenium.

Ok seriously, did i just read review complaining about the game's difficulty not being friendly to new people ?
So because a game is not about clicking or spamming same button for over 50 hours till you finish it , it magically turns as negative trait ?
I didn't saw them complain about DarkSouls being hard.hardly they even praised the game for it. The witcher 2 wants to you invest in the combat system and tactic combat, so you wont just go like a mindless Rambo charging enemies and simply killing them.
I honestly wonder what they would ask more form an RPG game, TW2 got amazing story,fantastic combat and marvelous world.

Should i even comment about IGN giving low graphics rating for the xbox360 version just because it DOESNT LOOK AS GOOOD as it does on PC ?

Wow! Those are some serious scores. Just about to fire this baby up and get immersed in world of The Witcher 2. Enjoy everybody!

Yeah more 10/10 and 9/10 and when user reviews became up... it gets hit by ppls that even didnt played it nor intend to play

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings---enhanced-edition/user-reviews

>.>

What the hell? Some opinions form Metacritics users:

gonz2472
Apr 17, 2012
considering this game came out today.....im noticing "all positive reviews". till i noticed the only other games these other reviewers have reviewed.....is when witcher 2 came out last year for pc(meaning these guys work for the same company the game was made... whether this is a good game or not.......WTF gaming companies! seriously!. this is **** for you to skew public opinion like this. i thought we(gamers/game makers) were better than this. i hate the way this industry is going

mycool
Apr 17, 2012
CD Projekt and Warner Brothers are obviously paying their employees to put biased reviews on this website. If you look at 95% of the reviews have been made by people who have reviewed 2 games. Those games are Witcher 2 on pc on Witcher 2 on 360. There are also several reviews from "people" who have 3 reviews, and those are Witcher 1 on pc, witcher 2 on pc, and witcher 2 on 360 and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they are padding the scores. It is very depressing that meta critic has had such a horrible effect on games and consumer's choices as to what to buy. Here is an idea. Buy what makes you happy and quit relying on reviews from people who are biased, from reviewers who write reviews on genres that they dislike, and from publications that are obviously paid off to write reviews or effected and influenced to write a good review when they get free plane trips to the studio, free games, free consoles, and free dinners. Now, I don't know about you, but if someone takes me on a free trip and wines and dines me then I might be inclined to write a positive review. It's no wonder that so many video games companies are shutting down or laying off employees when they are all being horribly influenced by hollow reviews and thus making hollow games trying to capture Activision's bank roll of CoD and WoW. Gamers need to unite behind intelligent choices that are our own and not buying games based on others useless opinions. Buy what makes you happy and don't be suckered into reading "reviews" for a game that hasn't even been out yet for 24 hours. These "people" haven't beat the game, they don't have any useful information and they can't make an educated decision or write a "review" when there is no possible way they have played the game in any detail whatsoever. Again, it's really depressing and sad to think that this is what we have become as an industry and we will never be given the seriousness of other art forms when we behave in such a childish way. This is exactly why the real critics will never see video games as an art form when we only care about these soulless reviews and not putting our time and efforts into creative ideas, engaging stories and excellent game play. CD Projekt and Warner Brother's should be ashamed of themselves that they are so pathetic that they have to pay people to pad these so called scores and "reviews."

KristaKay
Apr 17, 2012
I think it's very, very funny (and really sad) that Warner Brother's is asking it's workers to write reviews for this website. I challenge you to inspect the reviewer's games that they have previously reviewed and they have reviewed three games or in some cases two games. They are as follows, the witcher on pc, the witcher 2 on pc, and the witcher 2 on 360. Now, I ask you all to attempt to ascertain for yourself why these people would only write reviews for this one company? I will ask you to come to a conclusion based on the facts. Warner Brothers knows just like all video games companies nowadays, that it doesn't matter if you make a good game or not, it only matters what your review scores are and I find this incredibly disturbing and so very sad and funny as well. Yes, it's funny, but it also shows how mindless we have all become when we make our choices with how to spend our money on reviews that are completely and utterly biased. If you can accept this simple fact as I have, then you can begin to finally enjoy video games based on your own ideals, your own opinions, your own experience with the game and your own happiness. Don't be fooled again!

I'm new to posting here, and somewhat new to the Witcher series in general as well. I have read a few of the books though and absolutely love the universe.

I've owned The Witcher and The Witcher 2 on PC for a little while but never had a comp that could actually run either game unfortuantely(sad I know haha). Though I recently did get one and have been playing both games. I also just picked up the Dark Edition of The Witcher 2 for Xbox today.

I want to congratulate CDPR for all the hard work they've done on both games in the series. Their passion, and hard work definitely shines through when you're playing either game. I eagerly await whatever they're coming out with next!

misho87233 said:

gonz2472
Apr 17, 2012
considering this game came out today.....im noticing "all positive reviews". till i noticed the only other games these other reviewers have reviewed.....is when witcher 2 came out last year for pc(meaning these guys work for the same company the game was made... whether this is a good game or not.......WTF gaming companies! seriously!. this is **** for you to skew public opinion like this. i thought we(gamers/game makers) were better than this. i hate the way this industry is going

mycool
Apr 17, 2012
CD Projekt and Warner Brothers are obviously paying their employees to put biased reviews on this website. If you look at 95% of the reviews have been made by people who have reviewed 2 games. Those games are Witcher 2 on pc on Witcher 2 on 360. There are also several reviews from "people" who have 3 reviews, and those are Witcher 1 on pc, witcher 2 on pc, and witcher 2 on 360 and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they are padding the scores. It is very depressing that meta critic has had such a horrible effect on games and consumer's choices as to what to buy. Here is an idea. Buy what makes you happy and quit relying on reviews from people who are biased, from reviewers who write reviews on genres that they dislike, and from publications that are obviously paid off to write reviews or effected and influenced to write a good review when they get free plane trips to the studio, free games, free consoles, and free dinners. Now, I don't know about you, but if someone takes me on a free trip and wines and dines me then I might be inclined to write a positive review. It's no wonder that so many video games companies are shutting down or laying off employees when they are all being horribly influenced by hollow reviews and thus making hollow games trying to capture Activision's bank roll of CoD and WoW. Gamers need to unite behind intelligent choices that are our own and not buying games based on others useless opinions. Buy what makes you happy and don't be suckered into reading "reviews" for a game that hasn't even been out yet for 24 hours. These "people" haven't beat the game, they don't have any useful information and they can't make an educated decision or write a "review" when there is no possible way they have played the game in any detail whatsoever. Again, it's really depressing and sad to think that this is what we have become as an industry and we will never be given the seriousness of other art forms when we behave in such a childish way. This is exactly why the real critics will never see video games as an art form when we only care about these soulless reviews and not putting our time and efforts into creative ideas, engaging stories and excellent game play. CD Projekt and Warner Brother's should be ashamed of themselves that they are so pathetic that they have to pay people to pad these so called scores and "reviews."

KristaKay
Apr 17, 2012
I think it's very, very funny (and really sad) that Warner Brother's is asking it's workers to write reviews for this website. I challenge you to inspect the reviewer's games that they have previously reviewed and they have reviewed three games or in some cases two games. They are as follows, the witcher on pc, the witcher 2 on pc, and the witcher 2 on 360. Now, I ask you all to attempt to ascertain for yourself why these people would only write reviews for this one company? I will ask you to come to a conclusion based on the facts. Warner Brothers knows just like all video games companies nowadays, that it doesn't matter if you make a good game or not, it only matters what your review scores are and I find this incredibly disturbing and so very sad and funny as well. Yes, it's funny, but it also shows how mindless we have all become when we make our choices with how to spend our money on reviews that are completely and utterly biased. If you can accept this simple fact as I have, then you can begin to finally enjoy video games based on your own ideals, your own opinions, your own experience with the game and your own happiness. Don't be fooled again!

That's completely ridiculous. How some people can be so blatantly ignorant is beyond me...

misho87233 said:

gonz2472
Apr 17, 2012

mycool
Apr 17, 2012

KristaKay
Apr 17, 2012

Bioware fans???

I guess all of these are for the Xbox 360 version? At least the ones i checked.
Edome from Finland will soon review both xbox and pc enhanced editions so im going to add them up :p

Top Bottom