The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings Ultimate Soundtrack - Fan-Edit w/ 57 Total Songs

+
The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings Ultimate Soundtrack - Fan-Edit w/ 57 Total Songs

Hey everyone, a slight repost here but I wanted to make sure nobody would miss out. My fan-compilation of an Ultimate Cut for Adam Skorupa and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz's brilliant Witcher 2 soundtrack is now fully uploaded to Youtube: The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings Ultimate Soundtrack Playlist There are 57 total tracks, arranged in a relative chronology to better reflect the pacing of the story of Assassins of Kings, and with many retitling to tie directly into the game and general fandom. I feel like Witcher 2's score often gets a bad rap compared to Witcher 1, since the OST left out a lot of the music and the Enhanced Edition soundtrack was a full year in getting out there, so part of my motivation was to present the awesomeness of Witcher 2's epic score in its most complete form possible. I did my best with the arrangement and track names to pay equal homage to both the games' rich fantasy settings and memorable characters.

Also, given that the vast majority of members here own (often multiple copies of!) The Witcher 2, I've provided the tracks themselves in this new arrangement for the loyal Witcher community to enjoy. Again, all credit to Adam Skorupa and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz and the various artists who contributed to creating the score for the Witcher 2 and its related materials.

Please post your thoughts and reactions, it took many hours of work to assemble this edition and get it on Youtube, so any feedback is much appreciated! Stay posted, for on the Youtube descriptions for each song (and probably this thread) I'll do my best to post reflections and thoughts on every track, concerning its unique qualities, which Witcher leitmotifs it features and its place in the game.

*All screenshots in the Youtube videos are my own.

Excellent work my friend,much appreciated!
too bad it's in MP3 format,But who am I to complain!

Thanks alot!

Glad you guys are enjoying it!

@omerbu1, is there some other format you would prefer? Conversion is a little bit of a hassle, but what exactly are you looking for?

Great work.. thanks for this compilation..maybe the 128 kbps isn't nothing special, but who cares

P.S. maybe you left out this great piece of music from the EE : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb0aQNXE6TE

It's a nice ambient piece, but I must say I don't really enjoy musically what the EE does to the ending of the game, I think Into the Fields was the perfect piece to play during Letho's conversation, and Ladybird was exactly the right way to conclude this tale of Geralt (barring the credits and the Nilfgaard stringer). As you may notice, the EE version 'Ladybug' is excised in favor of the classic 'Ladybird' from the OST, which is shorter and way more tightly constructed. The 3-minute 'Ladybug' is decent but loses the tension and buiildup of 'Ladybird' that featured in the original ending.

A bump in case anybody missed this. All the videos are still available on youtube, and you can still download the tracks via the link in the first post.

This was a great idea, thank you! I always wish game soundtracks were more like this, complete, chronological, and with names that indicate the associated region, quest, or person. Instead an awful lot of game soundtracks are an incomplete jumble of vaguely named songs.

However, that being said.... did you keep a record of how many tracks you cut out due to your own personal taste? A real ultimate soundtrack would be complete, I would think.

This is very cool, but I've no idea why someone who obviously cares about music chooses to make this in 128kpbs MP3-format. The MP3-format itself is alright (I'm not one of those who complains about it in itself), but the bitrate... :/

I've been very content with this unofficial and extended version of the soundtrack, so far (it feels very complete), but I'm also intrigued by your vision and the changes you have made, since you've made sure to pay attention to the chronological order of the tracks, for example, and that's a good thing. I also approve of the changes made to the titles.

Flixster said:
This was a great idea, thank you! I always wish game soundtracks were more like this, complete, chronological, and with names that indicate the associated region, quest, or person. Instead an awful lot of game soundtracks are an incomplete jumble of vaguely named songs.

However, that being said.... did you keep a record of how many tracks you cut out due to your own personal taste? A real ultimate soundtrack would be complete, I would think.

This is essentially all there is, outside of the aforementioned, and the longer version of Ladybird which lacks the punch of the tighter version. There's a couple tracks which are cropped-down versions of stuff (like a 4 minute version of one of the ambient forest tracks that the full version is 6 minutes).

Great work.. thanks for this compilation..maybe the 128 kbps isn't nothing special, but who cares

P.S. maybe you left out this great piece of music from the EE : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb0aQNXE6TE

Did misho refer to the music that play's when Geralt and Letho talk at the very end of the game? As in this video? Because I've been looking for this quite a long time and I've never really found it outside gameplay videos. Is there anywhere I can find it? It's my absolute favorite BGM in The Witcher 2, any help would be much appreciated.

Did misho refer to the music that play's when Geralt and Letho talk at the very end of the game? As in this video? Because I've been looking for this quite a long time and I've never really found it outside gameplay videos. Is there anywhere I can find it? It's my absolute favorite BGM in The Witcher 2, any help would be much appreciated.

If you have the PC version, you can extract all the music with this utility:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43719925/tw2unfsb.7z

and these instructions:

http://forums.ffshrine.org/f72/witcher-2-soundtrack-extraction-instructions-90548/

Last edited:
You might have to fiddle with the script. I think I had to change what directory it was looking at, but it's been ages.

Top Bottom