The Witcher 2 - Cut Content

+
The Witcher 2 - Cut Content

There was a thread on the Polish Witcher forum concerning the content cut out for some reason from TW2.
I thought it's a good idea to share this with the international community. So I've commited this translation. Note that the original article was was a common effort of the listed below:
@Rustine
@SMiki55
@Benzenzimmern
and a small contribution from me. Please give them a redpoint for their work here when they show up in this thread. Or go to the original thread
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/2558-Masa-ciekawych-rzeczy-w-plikach-gry/page7
If I've forgotten someone -tell me.
And maybe some stuff from here is corrected throught the witcher 3. And the english version also has the source file of this stuff but only the ingame content is in English.

Enought talking, now to the good stuff

PART 1

For the start some stuff about our favorite poet.

"I saw you in Caingorn again, were you spied for Dijkstra the wife of King Niedamir wich you have seduced by singing the „bouquet of black roses”."
"It wasn't like that... I was appointed with her but..."
"Sigismund Dijkstra took care that this will be loud. She had a cut troat and you haad no pants on, it must have looked awfull."

I had to put some things in order and ad didaskalia.

/First conversation of Geralt and Sheala:/
- Welcome Geralt.
(Doesn't recognize)
-My Lady...
(Welcomes an old friend)
- Good to see you witcher. When have met the last time?
(explains himself)
- Sorry my lady butIi don't recognize you.
(directly)
- My name is Sheala de Tancarville I'm a sorceress. Are you going to hunt the aeschna?
(with forethought)
- Maybe. Do we kwon each other?
(smiling)
- Closer than you thing.
(worried)
- Geralt? Are you OK?
- You have reminded me of something important.
When have we met the last time?
(slightly disappointed)
- If you want it that way...
(mediating)
- I didn't wanted to be rude.
(interrupting)
- You're not. What do you kwon about the aeschna?
(buisneslike)
- Not much. I only wonder that the port is blocked because of a single monster.
(smilling)
- You are right, whatever inhabits the river it has so much in common with an aeschna as virgins and unicorns do.
(interested)
- Do you know something more?
(professional)
- I think that we are dealing with a mutation, caused magicaly ,or any magic... It's complicated.
(with slight irony)
- I'll try to understand.
(slightly nervous)
- We'll talk about the details with Loredo. I don't like to repeat myself.
(directly)
Join us if you're interested.
(shocked)
- I don't know what it was... a vision or memory...
(watchfully)
- If i didn't knew that it's imposible, I would say that you blenched...
(recalls)
- A banquet. Mages... Sorceres... The feeling of danger...Failures...A women named... Yennefer...
Thanned. That was a turning point in history. The council and capitule stoped existing. Sorcers lost their eternal position as royal advisors... Blood was spilled. A sea of blood.Til today nobody kwons who as a traitor and who was a hero.
(default)
You were there...
(directly)
- No . Politics doesn't bother me.
- I remember you too...
- So you say that we kwon each other...?
- The last time saw each other a year ago. Around Birke.
- And?
- Nothing. Since you don't remember...

- I saw you too, you were sitting in front of a mirror in a castle...
(intrested)
-What came next?
(direcly)
- I thought you will tell me.
(suprised)
To little details. I don;t remember...
(finishes the story)
I was bleeding.
(wonders)
- That surely a memory of a nightmare... Mirrors and blood - typical dream symbolism.
(cold)
But you still ruined my mood. We will talk when you get your memory back, rather if you do.
(cold)
In the meantime I'm going to speak about the monster with Loredo.
(intruiged)
- Who is Yennefer?
(to the point)
- A sorceres .In that time she was spying for the dark ones or at least that's what people were saining. On Thanned everyone was suspecting everyone. That's why it ended with a massacre.
(after considereation)
I don;t know what happened with her.

As we see Triss wasn't supposed to tell Geralt about Yen, Retrospection were supposed to be different. Let's go on.
The shoemaker corpse is a remain after a longer quest in which Iorweth took part .The poison made by him and disguised as a witcher potion was found by some children a thrown into a well.

Another version of the conversation betwen Geralt Zoltan and Dandelion. Demawend was't supposed to be murdered, according to their words.

- Someone really needed Foltests's death. And as King Dezmond once said -
(interrupts and joins the dialog)
- Don' stick you kusk between doors. Leave the political agonizing alone. I will bring no good.
- You're wrong, twice. First, the maxim i thought of was: "The guilty gain the most"". Secondly it's good to know where the wind blood, besides we're already stuck in politics .
- So who gained the most of Foltest death?
- That's rather obvious. Neighboring powers. Foltest fought with Demawend and Henselt for the fortune of the Pontar valley since years. As we see diplomatic means have come to an end now.
- You talk crap Dandelion. Demawend of Aedirn is to weak to send send assasins and Henselt of Keadwen is too smart for something like that. If he wanted to harass Temeria he would just block trading routes.

Below a description of the Thanned retrospective:

Past. My past. The next piece of the puzzle.
The last frame from the gameplay (Sheala) changes into a comic style. The surrounding vanish. Only Sheala is left, a new surrounding appears (from the past)with Geralt and Yennefer on the banquet. Sheala blackens loses colors, disappears.
Geralt on the banquet Time of Contempt ( around page 115)

Mages and sorceress, educated ,beautiful, long-living, mighty. I remember their smiles , all fake. Under their polite masks was contempt, hate, greed…
the faces of the mages, smiling, attractive but disturbing, in a strange way evil. A hall full of magic (magical light, foof illusions etc.)

The hall was full of intrigues. Political assassinations, secret agreements, coups, master spies and the small ones - All covered with zerrikanian lemon juice, fresh from the teleport…
In the background pieces of conversation: "Has he questioned you already?" Everybody know he spies for Henselt of Keadwen" He stabbed king Visimir", "People say that's the work of the Scoia'tael" "The witcher? he is neutral..." "He just acts like that.""Fillipa Eilhart? That lesbian with totalitarian ambitions" "Sabrina rules Keadwen, Henselt can't let his eyes of her"
Filippa walking by side Dijkstra, Roche in a page disguise, Sabrina Glessevig (certainly- Geralt will kill her in the next memories) conversations, even more ominous faces. A pile of lemons.
Geralt and Yennefer, gentle in gaze, gesture.

A woman in black and white. The smell of lilac and gooseberries…

They envied me. Like ordinary people.
Geralt covers(?) Yennefer, they kiss. Everryones looking. Triss looks at them from the second plan, sad.

Yennefer… Yen.

Triss knows the answer, it's time to end the cat mouse game, i must push her, find the right moment, otherwise she will start to wind me up again.
The surrounding vanishes only Geralt and Yennefer stay... .Sheala appears.

Why did the look of Sheala brought back the memory of Yennefer? What connection had they, what connects Sheala and me. I have remind it myself.
Sheala sitts in front of a mirror. Geralt approaches her, he is wounded and really, really angry.
(angry)
I was wrong on your behalf, you're just like that slut. Get out my of house!

I remember Vyzima exactly, Triss's place too... The far past is the problem.

[A little different version]

So let's meet again. Sheala de Tancarville, misstres of magic.
Sheala changes into a comic book style. Darkness allaround. The environment stars appearing. A women by Geralt's side (Yennefer). Geralt looks away from Sheala to Yennefer, Sheala disappears in darkness. The banquet on Thanned. Sorcers and Sorceres, roaming the hall.Everyone is dressed up. Everything is on the highest level- the food, drinks, girls.. Geralt and Yennefer stand in midlle of the crowd by side.
(...)
Why did the sight of Sheala brought back the memory of Yennefer? What connected them, What connected Sheala and me. I have to remind it myself.
Yennefer disappears. Blackness and Sheala. Sheala sits in front of a mirror. The witcher approaches her, bleeding ,with a nasty head wound.
- Yes, thank you.

Sadly that's all what i found in this file. Of course the scenes are written different, the conversations with Loredo are a bit different but it's really minor. What a shame that's only a part of the scenario at least we can notice that it was changed a lot. Even Letho had another name:
A witcher razor. Riszon. Likes to come here…

But there's another file that contains all speech from the game. Even the unused. in the beginning I only found pieces of conversations:

PART II
It seems like (at least optional) Stennis was considering to sell the crown of Aedirn to Henselt for 1 million orens. This part is unorganised and unchronological.:

"Aedirn is looking up to I see Kovir. Real merchant manners. How much do you want?"
- Of course, it's too much. Do you really think I'll be haggling over the throne of my ancestors?
"Why not? Aedirn is known for his peasant manner. Any strumpet can rule, a milksop calls himself a king, and delegations consist of nonhumans."
"One million orens."
"My Prince, what you are doing is disgusting and vile!"
"Why not? Of course I will profit too. Measurably."
"A whole million is enoughfor me. A deposit in a bank and a inviolability guarantee. And a nice estate in Toussaint and the crown is yours."
"You dissapointed me. You are not worthy the crown."
"Betrayal! Run my King!"
"Run? I won't let this opportunity slip! I'll solve the heir issue of Aedirn now!"
"You have what you want, Stennis!"
"but my prince, you have said...
Shut the nonhumans in Ghettos. Leave the maid to the priests so they can punish her properly and then you can give me the Marchie.
So what do you advise?
The Maid is doing everything possible for the good of the country. I'm on her side.
Are you fooling me? There's no sych amount of money on this world
My land is worth a lot. Our ancestors were spilling blood here. 5 thousand orens for each yard of land. Can you afford that? Just teasing you Henselt. You can't buy us.
He is protected with the magic of white cloath.
Who I see? Gwynbleidd comes back in one piece.
One million is enough for me. A whole million is enoughfor me. A deposit in a bank and a inviolability guarantee. And a nice estate in Toussaint and the crown is yours.
Aedirn? What is Aedirn? Shacks of planks and stone were bastards are playing around dogs on hay! You have no chance!
Aedirn will fight till the last dropp of blood! We will not surrender.
Good just remember who has an army. I have thousands of eminet soldiers. What do you have?
I see you have thought trough about everything huh.
Don't interrupt lass! Go back to the kitchen and babes. But wait from I've heard no one wanted you till now. Maybe you're too monstreus under you clothing?!
If you fight you will die!
Are you fooling me?! Do you see this armie? ten thousand armoured men. What has Aedirn? Baron's henchmen and dwarf regiments"

A conversation of lovers:
-You kwon, i think that we won't get out of this in one piece.
- We were dealing with it since the beginning. Heads up dummy.
(...)
- I' so tired.
- Hold on my dear.
(...)
- Do you remember the time when we were children in Dol Blathanna?
- You called me the cornflower girl.
- You were sticking flowers in my hair. Always blue.
- Blue is my favorite color till today.

A few words about the wild hunt:
- Three years ago Fen was investigating the case of the vanishing people. Someone was kidnapping young people from 10 to 20 years old. The case was closed because no one wanted to testify.
- She heard it from an old man, that was chasing the cortege . He had white hair and resembled more a skelleton than a man. He had 2 swords on his back.
Ambition. Infinite, boundless and searing like the Korath desert.
the wild hunt loomed for a year on my horizon... Yennefer was their slave for a year.
They had a lot of time to turn her into a mindless puppet.

The ship on the way (to Loc Muinne?) crashed:
The storm threw our ship on the rock surrounding the island. When i swam to the shore i heard a cry for help.
- [hlip][hlip] Ohh... Witcher, Can we talk? Now only you can help me...
- Easy, calm down and tell my what happened.
- [hlip] Ohh... My name is Nadia, I live not far away and I'm helping my grandfather to pasture the sheep. Dad is sick and I'm carrying for the sheep... Only Thang is helping me... [hlip] A few days ago when me and sheep were on the meadow suddenly a horrible wind came and then a storm appeared... Chaos started... I was able to get some sheep back to the village, but the rest spread among the halls, and Thang run after them...It's the third day and there no sing of him. Something must have happened...
- It's a dog, he surely knows how to get along the wilderness...
- Witcher, you don't understand.. That dog and the sheep are our only source of income, we will starve without him... And the winter is coming... [hlip] one that we won't survive... Please help us you are our only hope..
[Different dialogs to choose]
- I'll help with delight...I can't look on the tears of such a beautiful girl...
- Ohh... Ohh... I don't have much but you won't regret...
- I hope so... cough... Where have you lost him?
- West from the lake called the Safire crucible... You should start looking there...
- I'll do so... Don't loose hope...

There's also a thing about crossing the lake:
- Hello I wan't to cross the river. Can I borrow your boat?
- That's my only one and I need it right now.

There's also a location description:
- If it's interesting? On the hill is a burned down whorehouse people called the Inn. Going there is pointles because it spooks there. There are drowners on the shore. And a bit more away there's a tower guarded by some goons. I've heard that there's treasure there but who knows ?Unluckily it happened after the Harvest Festival. The bordello burned down and the bitches were pissed of because of that instead resting in peace the girls haunt the place till today.
I've heard that the priest burned it down. A bordello was in the Inn. Everything that the villagers earned they spend in the whorehouse. The shaveling didn't even saw an oren. The guy broke down, drank to much mass whine, and "shouted burn bitches burn!".

There was supposed to be a big branching quest connected with the tower. A lot of it is still there.
- You must help me to learn about the terrible faith of my father. In the last war he was supposed to die under the tower. He was a member of Henselts special banner, what happened to this unit is a mystery. We weren't able to get any explanation from the commander.

There's also a description of a long murder case quest. Dialogs with suspects and clue seeking. There is a doppler in this case.

On the crime site I've found a bloody dagger - the tool of the crime. I have taken a closer look on it,there is a symbol on the blade.

Figgin identified it as the symbol of temerian furriers.

I asked Esterre about the origin of the inhabitants. Most of them are from Redania, it's the closest from here. But I was mostly intrigued about the information on Ancimone. He is the only temerian here.

I've managed to ask Ancimone about his family. Without struggle he asked that his family got rich thanks to leather trading. He seems to be ashamed of it.

I have also found a description of another quest.

In the search for a possibility to trap the wild hunt, Geralt got to a small island on the sea, where a old alchemist is supposed to live, and which has the knowledge needed by Geralt .

- Welcome master witcher. What brought you to my modest tresholds?
- I'm visiting you because I need information. The matter is urgent.
- Urgent! I could say the same about my worries. There's nothing for free Geralt.
- I have could expected that...
- As you surely noticed from the look of lab, I'm a collector and scientist. All these things are souveniers... gathered in my lifetime. You see master, since i was able to fullfil my dreams, disabide the rules of the world and create the stone of philosophers, my life has ended. Now i remain in a strange state which will never change from itself.
- Continue
- I'm tired. Tired and bored. I have no loved ones on this world. I want to fall asleep, finally rest in peace. I'm counting for a favor witcher. There are a few items that combined can give me peace. I want you to get them for me.
[Geralt can accept or deny the proposition, if he denies, the man burns down the notes about the wild hunt]
- Listen. I will need some rare ingredients. A thang of a dangerous beast, a hard, precious and very old mineral and something that represents a mortals life.
- Is this some kind of riddle? Tell why exackly i have to get.
- I can't anything else.
[Further dialog with the alchemist]
- Why do you want to leave?
-If you had lived as long as I did, you would have noticed that nothing, exept for you of course, is everlasting.
I saw wars, conquests of empires, that were supposed to last thousand years, whole nations vanishing, how rivers changed directions. And the vanishing of my loved ones sadly too and I was unable to change that.
- If immortality wasn't your wish, you wouldn't put so much effort into achieving it.
- And now my gift is my curse, and I want to free myself.
- I understand
- Be careful what you wish for witcher.
[Geralt speaks about the beast]
- I have found the beast you where looking for.
- What is this creature?
- Warewolf. Dead dangerous night hunter.
- I actually could be the beast the formula is speaking of.

Geralt asks someone about the ingredients:
- About mineral i know nothing alder than dragon gold. I heard that a dragon lives in this area.
When it comes to the beast , well you're the monsterslayer. As far as I know there was such a beast but someone on the other side of the lake might know more.

Geralt talks with the Grim Reaper (?) about the symbol of life for the alchemist:
- And somehow I believe you can help me. I look for something connected with mortal life, that represent time given to each of us.
- Aaah the alchemist, I was sure that gaffer will show up someday.
- You see since he became immortal he's out of my jurisdiction.
- Let's assume that somewhere, that everyone of you has an oil lantern. In the moment of birth I fill it with oil according to my desire. I can do this only once. When the oil runs out the lantern goes of and the person dies. Fair isn't it?
The problem is that his lantern is out of oil since forever but it won't go of.
- Can you extinguish it?
- Ooh noooo! I'm the most fair entity and I'm not allowed to intervene in this way. The old one should be gone a long time ago. He disturbs the order.
- I would be glad to take over that lantern
- You know that there's nothing for free?
- Eh....
- But let's not be cruel.
- So you can buy the lamp if.. i get a substitute in the form of another human life.
OR... you can win it in a dice poker game. I like dices there very fair.
- The stake?
- Equal. If you win you'll get the alchemists life back. If you loose I'll get yours.
[Geralt has the choice, play ,leave, exchange]

A conversation with a dragon (Geralt want an old and costly mineral for the alchemist(ghost?)):
- Are you the horrifying dragon living in this tower?
- I, I just want to be left alone!
Unwanted guest always make trouble.
- Trouble? You are such a dangerous creature that you do not need cheap tricks to get rid of intruders.
- When I....
I was in this form a long time and I don't remember how to change back...
- You are the weirdest and richest dragon I've ever met.
- Aha! So you came to rob me? You are all the same!
- I have no interest in the entire treasure. I need only one piece of the hardest and most valuable mineral you got
- One? Only one?
- Exactly.
- How can I know that you won't cheat me?
- You can't.
- So... since you are talking with me instead of attempting to quarter me I will give you some credit.
- You will get your gold if you find my loss.
[There are a few dialog options, leading to an encounter or not, below is the acceptance of the quest]
- Tell me what you want.
- Wonderful!
You see witcher...Because unwanted guests are a routine here, I have recently lost a pretty valuable item .
- Are you sure it is not in the pile of gold?
- Yes!! I'm sure goddamit!...
- Find it for me and I'll reward your effort. The island isn't big it must somewhere here.
- how does it look like?
- It's a small opalescent stone. It's.. valuable for me. I can't contain myself out of misery, please find it!
- I'll do my best. Farewell.

A woman searching for help for her son:
- Help! Please help my lord!
- Speak woman, what happened?
- My little son fell a chasm in the forest. Please save him!
- I cant do it myself.

Further on there's a dialog with the son, who has the stone of the dragon. A fantastical combination of side quests. When Geralt escorts the boy back to his mother the receives a fang:
- An old man asked me for a favor ... I'm looking for a fang of an dangerous beast.
- Only a fang? In that case i can help you wanderer.
- In wich way?
- My husband is a hunter he always brings trophies from dead animals.

Next there's a conversation with the alchemist, Geralt gives him the items:
- I have everything you need.
- I don't believe, you did it?
- Yes, although it wasn't easy. Now you part.
- Naturally. Here are all my notes and information I gathered about the Hunt, , and clues how to trap the Hunt in our world.
- Thanks. What are going do to with those items?
- I'll melt the gold, then i frame the fang in it. A wound caused by such weapon will be lethal for me because it will simultaneously extinguish the flame in my lantern.
Only I can do that.
- Farewell, old man.

There are also journal entries for the quests, with i didn't mention here because there's too much of it and they all are connected. The child could have been brought to the Reaper , in this case the mother reacts to the bad news by transforming into a warewolf. Incredible work, a shame that it wasn't implemented.
In the appendex I left the other things I found. A model of Geralt from 2010, a throwing knife belt, an alcohol drinking icon and Enid an Gleanna, or rather her placeholder .I'm also linking the original gamefiles, in wich I found those texts (sadly only the texts already in game are translated into english the cut parts are rather in Polish).
Below links to the other models found in game, elements of the Flower Valley: tents, jambs, bridges, stairs, portals and facades. Plus a watermill from the valley.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threa...34-Elven-tents - found by @SMiki55
http://s7.directupload.net/images/130819/kugddvbw.png - found by @Benzenzimmern
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwt...ew?usp=sharing - original files an

Part III - The Wild Hunt and Yennefer
I have found much more. Far better material. Material, who's loss is the most upsetting.

For the start only short fragments , that weren't even finished.
Where did you go with the sorceress Yennefer? What happened after your vanishing ?
[Probably a retrospection]
Ivan! Bianka! What the hell are you doing?! He's got some spasm
---
A banquet. Sorcerers... Sorceress... the feeling of danger... failure... And a woman called ... Yennefer...
---
- Hugon from Scalia? I know he was preparing a speech...
- His experiment with portals got out of control.
- A small loss. And what with Yennefer of Vengerberg?
- Actually… I haven't heard of her for a long time.

A completly different conversation with Letho. It casts light upon a few things, it's longer and better.

- Let's start from the beginning. Who is Letho?
- I am a witcher of the viper school. I'm from Cintra... A country that is no more.
- So, you want to fight for independence of Cintry by serving Nilfgard?
- Only idiots believe that a sparrow can devour an eagle.
- Rather a Vulture.
- In the kingdom of animals there are no heroes and people differ nothing from them.
- By selling youself to Nilfgard you violated the witcher codex.
- In a world where no one obeys the rules, rules make no sense.
Men are just manure for history. And I didn't want to become another meaningless piece of shit that fertilizes the soil.
- Did you succeed?
- Once I was as stupid as you are. That's why I know you so good. That's how I knew that you would chase me like a hound.
- Why Nilfgard?
- If not the emperor then who? Emhyr is a rascal but a visionary. The rulers of the North can at best polish his greaves with their mugs.

- Now I know why you became a imperial dog. Now tell why do you bite for Nilfgaard?
- The plan of the emperor is as simple as sophisticated, he want's to rule the whole known world.
It's difficult, even for a country like Nilfgaard. But not impossible. The first stage was to cause turmoil in the northern kingdoms.
The lack of a leader means chaos, that can be controlled in two ways politicaly or militarily.
- What's the way of the emperor?
- Both, if the odds allow it.
The Nilfgaadrdian army will enter the territories that suffered war and take care of the civilians. Then we will heal the political situation on those territories.
- Take care of. Heal. How nice that sounds.
- Isn't it?

- My memory is slowly coming back, but I still have a mess in my head... Do you remember how we met?
- You helped me... Then I helped you.
- Tell me about it.
- I have been struck by a Manticora sting. I killed the beast and I was lying in a ditch with fewer. The merchants that hired me robed me, and left me for death.
Then the Wild Hunt appeared. The wraiths where chasing trought the sky in their neverending journey. Then you showed up. You looked like a roamer... You had only a oiled sword.
- I was chasing the Hunt.
- You cought up with the merchants and recovered my stuff. Including a casket with potions. You gave a swallow and I recovered. Wounds heal on me like on a dog.
- Why were I chasing the Hunt?
- When we met you where chasing the hunt since a year. I was then a witcher hunting monsters for dog money.
When you told me that you're chasing the wild hunt, I thought, that you're a fool. Everyone know that you can't catch up with the hunt.
If not our random visitation of the oldest Nilfgaardian library we wouldn't know that the hunt stops once a year.
- A whole year the hunt was looming on the horizon like it were fooling me...
- Imperial sages calculated the trajectories and directed us to the place of halt.
- We got it. You distracted them and released Yennefer.
- I remember...
- We caught the wild hunt. We can do anything, Geralt.
Unforunatelly, you were caught by them in the process, and I was left alone with a amnesiac sorceress.
- What have you done with her?
- What can you do with a sorceress that can't remember her name?
- You can try to restore her memory.
- This is why I took her to the Emperors court. I told him everything, and he promised help... proposed cooperation.
- The Emperor had to be really content.
- If it were me who was caught, He would make that offer to you. He needed a professional.
You could have been in my position.
- I don't think so.

- My memories are back. I remember the Hangerman tree. They took me in exchange for Yennefer.
- How have you escaped the hunt?
- I don't remember that. The king of the wild hunt took my memory away and chased me a long time when I killed him, the amnesia started go away. Now the last dams broke. I even remember my childhood in Kaer Morhen.
- Good. A man without a memory is like an empty sack.

- The assassinations. Whose idea was that. The emperor's or the lodge's?
- You see... An empire can be ruled officially... Or silently. The first method has more splendor. The second one, on the other hand, is more efficient.
The Nilfgardian intelligence has discovered that the sorceress are conspiring against Demawend. The emperor couldn't miss a oportunity like that.
liquidate uncomfortable enemies using a hated organisation, then destroy said organisation keeping your hands clear. A plan worthy a great strategist,, you agree?
- How did you contacted Sheala?
- I just allowed her to contact me.
Sorceress can only conspire, and this is often not enought.
It was known that they needed a sword. And then a witcher showed up on the horizon oneflaming with revenge on Demawend who destroyed his school.
They weren't thinking very long.
- I can gues the rest. It's easier to get the idea for regicide than actualy do it . How did you get Demawend?
- Sheala gave us accurate plans of the castle. We attacked during a national fest of Aedirn.
When they had the most guards.
Demawend died there when even a King goes alone. I've checked, he actually came there alone. The official report said that the king died in a dramatic fight with prevailing forces . The truth is that I cut his head of while he was taking a shit.
Then the hardest part came. Misslead the chase. Sheala helped us with this. She took care that no mage could trace us.
- And then she was unable to find you herself.

As you see the difference is crushing. Lethos origin is explained their first ecounter is decribed in detail including the nilfgardian library.
But here you can actually start to cry. Yennefer had to be important in the second game already. A conversation with Dandelion, that made it to the game but cut.
- I remembered Yennefer again…
- Triss, Yennefer... What a live you have.
- First, I'm not even sure if Yennefer lives. Second, I don't know if Triss lives.
[This was In the game, now the cut out part]
Third, even if Yennefer lives, I have no idea what i feel for her. I'm gratefull for what she has done but anything besides that...? I'll know when I meet her.

Another talk.
- I'm starting to regain my memory...
For now only shreds, but I feel it slowly getting whole again.
- So what do you remember?
- Yennefer... She sacrificed her live to save me.
A woman can do anything out of love.
She was abducted from the apple tree island by the wild hunt.
She was abducted from the apple tree island by the wild hunt. I don't remember how long I was walking. I have the impression it was an entire live. I remember cold and hunger...
Now I understand why Triss didn't want to speak about my past.
Triss doesn't knowabout The wild Hunt. She has no idea that her rival lives.
- Who would you choose now?
[I will go with Triss.]
[I don't know.]
[I will go with Yennefer.]
[I regained my memory but that doesn't mean that I'm going to live in the past. Now Triss is my the closest person to me.]

Next one about Yen.
- I'm regaining my memory.
- That's great news! Do you remember when we were hunting the Djin?!
- No.
- The doppler?
- Nhm.
- So what do you remember?
- An island covered in apple-trees. A woman was with me... Important, no - most important.
[Beautifull words]
The wild Hunt abducted her. And I started the chase.
- I have no idea what you are talking about, maybe it's a night mare...
- I don't think so.
- It had to hapen after you death... That woman is probably Yennefer.
- Yes. Yennefer.

An important analysis of a poem about the Hunt, That SHOULD be in the game. It explains Geralt's way to the north and the Hunt's traveling scheme. A conversation with dandelion and someone unidentified.
- I have no idea how long I was chasing the hunt.
I hope that released Yennefer.
- If you saved her, where is she now.
- I have no idea how long I chased them, I feel it was my whole life. I remember it was very cold and I was starving.
- Did you got them?
- I don't know.

- Dandelion... You said that no one writes poetry about the Wild Hunt. You were wrong.
- I told you that I don't do this. Maybe some penpusher decided to touch this slippery theme.
- I've got this poem "Song of the hunt" written by an elven seer.
- Of course that he was elven. What has he scribbled?
- He speaks about holow dopelgangers, haunting this world in the name of the blood out blood[pure blood]...
- You know what I going to say Geralt?? Those elves are fucked up.
It's a very convoluted piece. For now I can't properly interpret it.
- What do you think this sentence means: Mirror reflections without hearts and minds Haunt the world in the name of those who preserved the blood out of blood and feed of their craving desire?
- Without hearts, probably cruelty. But why mirror reflections? The cruel riders must resemble someone.
- In a mirror the're similar only to themselves.
- This maybe a deeper metafor. Someone leads them. Feed of their craving desire. Probably a tyrant.
- What do you think this sentence means: Mirror reflections without hearts and minds Haunt the world in the name of those who preserved the blood out of blood and feed of their craving desire??
- This can be a pararel to holow wegetables out of wich children make their monster masks. I was doing that once myself.
I'm sure that behind these words is a grain of truth. Maybe o hole sack of it. One is sure elves are much more interested in the hunt than humans.

- I found the notes of Morten Kollis. The scientist interested in the Wild Hunt.
- Don't you say... Very interesting. What did he wrote?
- The hunt moves asynchronously onortogonal trajectories accordant to the direction marked by ecliptic of the moon in the of winter solstice recorded in the year ...
Dandelion are you sleeping?
- Sorry, but when I hear words like trajectories and alike dream seases immediately. We can speak about poetry as often as you want but science theories...

- Kollis also calculated, that the sun eclipse influences the frequency of it's appearing.
According to him the oncoming of the hunt can be predicted by observation of the Orkan nebula.
It is known that the Hunt appears in the time of winter solstice and goes from north to south. Also that the are hunting for young people. The rest is more or less a speculation.

- On the behalf of those observations and the trajectories, Kollis came up with 2 equally possible theories.
The first one says that the Hunt consists of knight who died in different worlds that organised a procession of vengeance.
The other one is that a mighty power is duplicating the spectres whose quest is ride between worlds and aquire slaves. Both theories are plausible.
The Wild Hunt abducts young people.
- Yeah, But why?
- Maybe they need a working force... warriors, or... meat.
- Kollis goes with the slave theory.
One is sure. Morten Kollis wrote that: Riders of the Hunt are wraiths with no properties of living creatures.

- It is know that the hunt travels from north to south , never backwards.
- This agrees with my memories and the research of Kollis. I just don't get why this particular direction.
- The trajectories of the cavalcade cause them to appear in our world on the north pole. In that way they can only move towards south.
The space between worlds must be on the north.

[Not sure if that still the same conversation]
- A shame that we can't met them.
- Exactly. Reportedly the main problem of cross-world travel are big distances. A human life isn't enough for such a travel.
- And you need something that can fly.
- As we see the riders found a solution. The cavalcade travels between worlds.

Short parts of conversations. The Hunt was supposed to chase Geralt even in Flotsam the search for scientific treatise document and poems was supposed to go on through the entire game.
- I suffer from amnesia. Since a time memories started to come back.
- Do you remember when it began?
- Yes. It started when I killed the King of the wild hunt .

- The Hunt is not a legend, and I have proof.
- What proof?
- I've found a manuscript. The authors claim that stars are not only shining point that life exists not only in our world.

- They are here Vernon. The riders of the Wild hunt a following me. I killed a wraith in purple armour.
The wraith of the Hunt found me in flotsam.
- What do they want from you?
- I don't know but they were chasing me since I arrived at Kaer Morhen.

The sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg has been abducted by the Wild hunt just as witcher Geralt of Rivia.It is not know what happened with the sorceress. Certainly she didn't join the unit of ghostly raiders unlike her lover who has been one of the raiders for some time . The motivations of King of the Hunt remain unknown.

The elven poem still haunted him and I as the greatest expert in the region decided to help Geralt in the proper interpretation of the piece. The search for the hunt goes on, he won't give up easily - that is certain.

- I thought I killed Eredin - The King of the Hunt, but i was wrong. I killed his ghost... hollow dopplegangers haunting this world in the name of blood out of blood...
- What are you talking about?
- It's part of the poem. The wild hunt is a spiritual manifesto of the raiders of the spiral, created to abduct humans. The real Eredin is too cautious to leave his world...
[Geralt discovered the name of the King of the wild hunt]

loose parts, cut scenes, maybe retrospections.
Geralt has been a part of the hunt for years and traveled the land as a omen of war and misfortune Then he lost his memory and vanished for years. Until he arrived at Kaer Morhen.

- Geralt in the Hunt

That's all. There's nothing more of Eredin and Yennefer. But I think it's still a lot. We lost too much. And I think this is the most beautiful sentence.
I'm talking about the past. Back then you didn't care about Triss. Only Yennefer counted, it was her we were risking our. You sacrifieced yourself for her.

Plus on youtube I stumbled upon some sound files that weren't in the soundtrack(redit goes to the channels owner)

This is probablly the theme from one of the retrospections.
Probablly the first name of saskia (maybe a real W2 game spoiler for those who haven't finished Iorweth's path)
And this is exactly the same theme as Loc Muine maybe it implied another story version.

Well thats it. I hope for response concerning the quality of the translation it's my first one. :huh:

Last edited:
It would be nice to get all of the cut content put back in at some point.

I found this game rather short in comparison to the first.

Thank you, didn't know about this. (I was aware cut content existed. But I wasn't aware what was making up this cut content. Especially the whole thing about Yen. Or Letho.)

I hope for response concerning the quality of the translation it's my first one.

Not bad, actually, everything's understandable. Some typos here and there, and I've found a Polish sentence you might have missed in the Stennis part:
"Oczywiście, że za wiele. Uważasz, Henselt, że będę kupczył tronem moich przodków?"
- Of course, it's too much. Do you really think I'll be haggling over the throne of my ancestors? or something similiar, I'm not that good at translating one foreign language into another.
Well done, in the end, thanks again for making this avaiable for us non-Polish speakers :)

Top Bottom