The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Xbox 360 and PC comparison on GameSpot

+
The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Xbox 360 and PC comparison on GameSpot

Gamespot has just released a video showcasing differences between graphics of Xbox 360 and PC versions of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition. The video can be found here. Enjoy!

Interesting, the colour scheme seems to be vastly different on the Xbox than on the PC. Never would have guessed that CDProjekt would go and chance that.

But I enjoyed what I saw, and ultimately it goes down to personal opinion on which one you prefer. I like the Xbox version, but the PC version gives more of a 'darker' theme imo.

Wow, looks awesome! Never would have thought TW2 would look so good on Xbox! Kudos to the devs and everyone on CDProject red.

Aditya

Forum veteran
Chewin3 said:
Interesting, the colour scheme seems to be vastly different on the Xbox than on the PC. Never would have guessed that CDProjekt would go and chance that.

But I enjoyed what I saw, and ultimately it goes down to personal opinion on which one you prefer. I like the Xbox version, but the PC version gives more of a 'darker' theme imo.

I thought the same PC is more 'darker'
The Xbox looks cool maybe coz its fresh and new but I would go with the PC one anytime
and Marcin saw this before too

Hey, this looks very good. :) Also, it looks darker, really like it. Will you change PC version color scheme too?

I think the changes in the colour scheme are mostly due to changes in the lighting system they had to make, which is for me the most noticeable change, but still done well.

Xbox version looks really good and if all the changes made guarantee solid frame rate I think it's quite an accomplishment. I also hope that all the experience gathered by working on the Xbox version and optimizing it for technically "inferior" machines will help CDPR in making their future titles better optimized for PC too.

Ha. The 360 version doesn't have an FOV change when entering combat. I can understand because of the needs to keep visual demand down, but it's going to be really hard navigating combat with such a narrow FOV.

Interesting comparison, but I like the PC version. It has mood and character that seeps into the color. 360 colors seem to take away from that mood. Just my opinion, of course.

Very interesting. So is it me or Xbox version is equal to PC medium? If it's so, it's fantastic, coz the game look gorgeous at medium too.

Ok... I wouldn't have believed that it could look so good on the old, lame Xbox360 ^^
The thing with the different colors - it seems as if TW2 on the PC had some kind of 'color bleeding' (like the light shining through the red canvas of the tent, coloring the interior red) that isn't active on the Xbox.

Dammit I can't wait for 17th April, I wanna play it now!
I couldn't resist 1-2 weeks ago and played it again, well the prologue but I could barely restrain myself.
Too bad I played Witcher 1 too early as I have already finished it a week ago.

and yes PC version looks gorgeous

Is there a reason the game looks washed out? Skyrim had the same look. The loss of color is well unfortunate I loved the color palette of Witcher 2 on PC it looks so vivid and gorgeous.

The lighting changes are of course the most obvious, but I thought the Xbox version looked very nice, too. As for other graphical differences, I had trouble spotting any in a compressed online video. Does anyone have a direct link to download the high quality video without the need for a GameSpot account? If so, that would be really appreciated.

the game looks magnificent even on low in a crappy low spec laptopyeah reminds of my past before my new m14x

CDP defined beauty and graphics, not to mention story, choices and consequences

RamaValentine said:
Hey! I'm a bit lost here...is the enhanced edition going to be available as a free update for PC users?

last time I heard that would be a yes it will be a Free Update
Just like they did for the EE for TW1

Top Bottom