The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Xbox 360 and PC comparison on GameSpot

+
HomemComH said:
Lighting got gimped.

To me, it looks like models are lower poly count as well, either that or something is different with the texturing. Geralt looks skinny in the 360 version. Look to the left, and you'll notice that his waist has a curve to it, and in the 360 version, it may be the lighting change, it may be a texture difference but its not the same shape.

Either way, its really impressive. I saw a comment somewhere that i think sums it up. I think in some respects, it looks better than pc, in other respects i think the pc looks better. The trick is to hide, what they scaled down, with what they have visually changed and improved. Like the guard in the jail has chain armor around the arms now. To me its not necessarily higher res, but it catches the eye differently and thats what makes it look better.

However on High, or with Ubersampling on, i dont think the 360 stands a chance.

Looks ok for being a console version. It did not impress me that much but then again i mainly game on the PC. One can see alot of cut corners, models that got changed, light, shadows, textures and so on.

But its nice that people that dont have a "ok" pc can play the game now.

Mariusmssj said:
is this comparison of W2 EE (360) vs W2 EE(PC) or W2 EE (360) vs W2 non-EE(PC)??
I'm not sure...
But I don't think that the PC graphics will change much and I hope the colors stay the way as they were in the original.

Mariusmssj said:
is this comparison of W2 EE (360) vs W2 EE(PC) or W2 EE (360) vs W2 non-EE(PC)??
This comparison is between W2 EE (Xbox) and W2 EE (PC). The PC version will remain basically the same except (if I didn't misunderstand) for some changes to the lights. And of course, all the additional content (new quests, monsters, locations, wild animals etc) will be added to PC version as well.

I'm clarifying this for all the new comers who have not clearly understand what's included in the EE yet.

Top Bottom