The Witcher 2 Intro: Interactive Data Visualization

+
The Witcher 2 Intro: Interactive Data Visualization

Most of you probably remember the spectacular intro for The Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2. Maybe some of you tried to imagine how complicated it was to create such a jaw-dropping animation. Well, we dont know what you imagined, but are friends from Platige Image decided to make a graphical version of the making of process.
This is a short description Platige Image provided for their animatic:
Director Tomasz Bagiński's vision was made real thanks to heroic efforts bya team of artists led by animation director Maciek Jackiewicz. Thefour-minute animated sequence is the product of nine months of work.
For the first time ever, we present the creative process behind thecinematic with the use of an interactive data visualization.
Dozens of tasks performed daily by a team of over 50 people have beenarranged into separate production stages that come together to form a whole.
The interactive chart starts with the animatic, the structure of whichdictates the scenes and shots that comprise the film. Each shot, in turn,has been organized by characters and layers, as well as the time andgigabytes of data used in its creation. The information is arranged in astructured hierarchy with marked parent and child categories. This layoutmakes it possible to compare and explore information at different levels ofdepth.
We've created this chart to show gamers how complex and long-term theanimation process is. We've depicted the painstaking work behind theproduction process as an expression of our admiration for the entire team'sefforts in making this this cinematic. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kingswas definitely worth it. Art directing: Kuba Bogaczyński. Idea: Marcin Kobylecki
More information about data: www.thewitcher.com/visualdata

Impressive!!!

but I have to know a couple other questions/tasks/who does what etc... that was not answered by this highly detailed chart.

1.How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

2. How many devs at ProjektCDRed does it take to screw in a light bulb?

3. What is the meaning of life?

I expect another Chart/Graph/Interactive Data Visualization no later than April 17 2012 with this pertinent information,.

it looks great but I can't see it as I have a not so great internet connection and I still have ~16 hours more to go to download the remaining of the patch (since yesterday, about ~5 GB left!) will see it once that is done :) #dedication

GeraltTheRiv said:
Impressive!!!

but I have to know a couple other questions/tasks/who does what etc... that was not answered by this highly detailed chart.

1.How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

2. How many devs at ProjektCDRed does it take to screw in a light bulb?

3. What is the meaning of life?

I expect another Chart/Graph/Interactive Data Visualization no later than April 17 2012 with this pertinent information,.

1. The woodchuck wouldn't chuck no ammount of wood because woodchuck can't chuck wood.
2. None. They're too busy making a 15 GB patch for a year-old game.
3. As pointed out, 42. Or 47, if you're a Trekkie.

Top Bottom