The Witcher 2 is five years old, today!

+
The Witcher 2 is five years old, today!

I can't believe that there isn't a thread already.

:surprise:

Happy birthday TW2, and a thank you to all the people at CDPR who worked on this magnificent game. I just finished my 6th or 7th playthough last week. The game has aged quite well, in my opinion, and still looks gorgeous. Here are two of the best launch trailers I've ever seen:

One of the many reasons to side with Iorveth... :p Dwarven Stone upon Dwarven Stone.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

I just finished my 6th or 7th playthough last week.

:D

my god what a great and magic game, tw2 is unique in every way, . as soon as i completed tw1 i wanted more, wanted to know how this adventure continues and those were 4 long years waiting,
tw2 is still today one of the best rpg's ever made, and great in every aspect, technical, graphics, animatios, music, characters, story, non linear story telling,
tw2 is legendary

:victory:
and with tha wonderful music, hedningarna it creates an unique and magical atmosphere

5 years already ? Wow...time passes so fast....im getting old... :p
Don't know how many times i played this masterpiece. I can surely say it's in double-digit range
My last playthrough was earlier this year and its still fascinating

For me, one of the best opening cinematics

Last edited:
Happy Birthday, The Witcher 2!

A truly masterpiece, indeed, and the first The Witcher that I played on my Xbox 360. So good, that let me completely in love with the franchise, and his books, comics... Has less than a month since I played for the last time (11th/12th playthrough), and I still want to play it again sometime.

The game that I bought purely because I read on tech websites it was pretty and I wanted to test my new GPU.
The game that reminded me what it was like to truly be immersed, utterly and completely, in a video game.
The game that had a world so rich, I simply had to go play & read anything else Witcher I could get my hands on.
The game that brought me back into the world of Singleplayer RPG's.
The game that reminded me why PC Exclusives are so wonderful (Even if it didn't last).
The game that was so fantastic, I finished it, watched the entire credits, and then immediately started another playthrough.

And ultimately the game which got me so hyped for its finale, I joined the forums, found a mature and interesting community, and talked my ass off until its launch, even to the point where I somehow ended up a moderator.

The Witcher 2 might not be able to edge out Jedi Outcast as my all-time favourite game, but considering how much of a challenge that is, it did a damn solid job. Best in the series, better than even the books, one hell of a damn good game. Crazy its been 5 years.

Saying Happy Birthday to a game might seem a little silly, but I think it's as good excuse as any to go in for my 12th playthrough :) [size=-2]That is, when I finally get some free time, maybe I'll do it before I go through HoS/B&W in the holidays. Or save it till after, save the best activity for last![/size]

Happy birthday! Truly an amazing game well worth anyone's time even if you've played The Witcher 3. I still remember when I first got it, I ordered a special nordic edition of it featuring paper craft of some of the characters in the game. :) It also had the soundtrack and some other misc things. It was also a game that made me upgrade my video card, not because I had to, but because I wanted the best quality possible for this beautiful game.

Last edited:
The Witcher 2... The game that got me in this universe. Played each game 4 times now. And I do them again after Blood and Wine. Happy birthday The Witcher 2.

Top Bottom