The Witcher 2 on GoG - special offer this weekend

+
The Witcher 2 on GoG - special offer this weekend

Only this weekend: the Digital Premium Edition of The Witcher 2 - AoK for $29.99.
Lookie here.

If you've been thinking of getting the digital edition of the game, now's the time. Tell your friends. ;)

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Only this weekend: the Digital Premium Edition of The Witcher 2 - AoK for $29.99.

If you've been thinking of getting the digital edition of the game, now's the time. Tell your friends. ;)

Indeed I told my friends. We'll see if they go for it. One of them stopped playing TW1 because the Steam version was too buggy. I've been insisting to him that he should keep playing and I even let him borrow my retail Enhanced Edition. Can you believe he has been playing other games instead?

volsung84 said:
Can you believe he has been playing other games instead?
Oh my God!
Nah, I'm not one to throw stones, I'm currently playing Drakensang - and my longing for witchering only grows with each day.
But why buy buggy steam games, when you can have this!? Which you can still mod later, when the real tools are here and the steam game refuses to play like that.

volsung84 said:
What ?! Blasphemy! (Im joking too, Im playing other stuff too :p)

Sounds like a really nice offer for people who have not played TW2 yet, and you should.
If you are reading this and did NOT get TW2 yet, you have no excuse not to use this offer.

Forum veteran
Ooooh, right next to Alpha Centauri. It's a good day for the GOG homepage.

volsung84 said:
Stone the heathen! He's forsaken all that is right and proper in the world!

volsung84 said:
Nah, I'm not one to throw stones, I'm currently playing Drakensang - and my longing for witchering only grows with each day.
If you can handle some fluff, I recommend Venetica. It's flawed in a lot of ways and not really a serious-themed game by any stretch of the imagination, but it's so good and the combat is similar to the first Witcher with the timed strikes. Just a recommendation if you need something vaguely Witcher-ish :)

Awesome price, this is like $1 per hour of gameplay-more if you mess around with different builds,paths,endings and such. Buying this game is a sound economic decision. I'm defiantly telling friends.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Oh my God!

If you're looking for a good old school CRPG, Steam (I know, I know) has Avadon:The Black Fortress on sale for $9. Deep story, interesting game world, hours of retro fun, and you can play it on a laptop with ease :)

30$ nice! wish my friends were playing games on PC I would bully them until they would buy it!

227 said:
If you can handle some fluff, I recommend Venetica. It's flawed in a lot of ways and not really a serious-themed game by any stretch of the imagination, but it's so good and the combat is similar to the first Witcher with the timed strikes. Just a recommendation if you need something vaguely Witcher-ish :)
227 said:
If you're looking for a good old school CRPG, Steam (I know, I know) has Avadon:The Black Fortress on sale for $9. Deep story, interesting game world, hours of retro fun, and you can play it on a laptop with ease :)
Oh, thanks guys for the suggestions, but I might have said that wrong. I am not playing Witcher atm because I need to finish my Drakensang game or I will never get back to it, once I am under the thrall of my Witcher again. It's a very slow paced game, like pen&paper on computer. And with getting not enough game time into my day, I'm just not having enough time and already a handful of games on the backburner (can't help myself when something good is on sale on GoG *g*).

I once played Venetica. I thought it was kinda cute, but never finished it, got boring after a while. Maybe someday...
Not playing any steam games, but maybe that game will be on sale on GoG someday as well. :)

An amazing deal! Trying to think of a friend or someone I know who has not played it yet, and would appreciate it...

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I have the Collector's Edition already, but this has some goodies bundled in it that weren't included in my big box...mainly though, I just want all the papercraft figures, lol. And supporting CDPR in the process doesn't hurt.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Not playing any steam games, but maybe that game will be on sale on GoG someday as well. :)

Doubtful, Avadon is published by Spiderweb Software, an indie dev out of Seattle, WA. Its too new to be a good old game ;) But you can download the rather large demo here

Thanks everyone for your support. I am still trying to accept the fact that some people... *breathe* play other games ;)

I would say at $30 TW2 is a lot better than a dollar per hour, considering you have to play it at least twice!

I'd say the craziest price/hour ratio I got was Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords for $1.50. Took me maybe 40 hours to go through the whole campaign, where I did every single thing.

I convinced everyone at work to buy the Humble Indie Bundle #3, maybe I can do some magic with The Witcher 2, heh heh.

Top Bottom