The Witcher 2 Runes (Spoilers)

+
Why wouldn't a Nilfgaardian mage/spy be working alongside Geralt?
It is clearly Emhyr that informs Geralt that Ciri has returned, and he is the one "officially" sending him after her. So I would guess he would send one of his spies along with Geralt, just to be safe. Why would Emhyr trust Geralt anyway?

Sorry for being way off topic.

It's not impossible just unlikely imo. Why should Cynthia wear a mask? Why should he risk to send a spy who is known to nothern sorceresses? I mean wearing a mask in public isn't really a good way to avoid being discovered anyway. If Geralt was in Nilfgaardian territory there is no need to wear a mask and if the was in Redanian/Temerian territory there is also no need to wear a mask. The only similarty between the character and Cynthia is the design of the hood which is probably just copied over from TW2 to TW3. Also the character in the trailer wears bracers which indicates that it is some sort of warrior or at least someone who is ready to fight in close combat. Cynthia is a sorceress and a spy but neither a warrior nor some sort of classic assassin. I don't know the design of the character doesn't fit to Cynthia.

It's not impossible just unlikely imo. Why should Cynthia wear a mask? Why should he risk to send a spy who is known to nothern sorceresses? I mean wearing a mask in public isn't really a good way to avoid being discovered anyway. If Geralt was in Nilfgaardian territory there is no need to wear a mask and if the was in Redanian/Temerian territory there is also no need to wear a mask. The only similarty between the character and Cynthia is the design of the hood which is probably just copied over from TW2 to TW3. Also the character in the trailer wears bracers which indicates that it is some sort of warrior or at least someone who is ready to fight in close combat. Cynthia is a sorceress and a spy but neither a warrior nor some sort of classic assassin. I don't know the design of the character doesn't fit to Cynthia.

I didn't mention Cynthia, I said a Nilfgaardian Sorcerer/Spy. The similarities with Cynthia's Imperial uniform, could suggest that possibility. The mask is indeed a mystery though.

The problem not the scar.but her appearance. Emperor already have a wife.that she claimed as princess of Cintra,as also he does many enemies and Wild Hunt who absolutely for sure note the girl with ashen hairs with scar on her face. Also remember the very first image of the game .where she was on horse with the same hood.

Last edited:
I didn't mention Cynthia, I said a Nilfgaardian Sorcerer/Spy. The similarities with Cynthia's Imperial uniform, could suggest that possibility. The mask is indeed a mystery though.
Sorry, I must have confused that. A Nilfgaardian spy/assassin would of course be possible. Anyway, it seems to be a new character to me...
@scratcherpen
It's not the same hood. In the artwork it's a cloak for riders and in the trailer it's a kind of outfit/uniform.

And as I said, if you want to hide someone you don't give him/her a fancy mask. That's the opposite of being inconspicuous. :p

Last edited:
Sorry, I must have confused that. A Nilfgaardian spy/assassin would of course be possible. Anyway, it seems to be a new character to me...
@scratcherpen
It's not the same hood. In the artwork it's a cloak for riders and in the trailer it's a kind of outfit/uniform.

And as I said, if you want to hide someone you don't give him/her a fancy mask. That's the opposite of being inconspicuous. :p

To that, we agree 100%. Why wouldn't CDPR create a new character, with an awesome mask. Oh, it just dawned to me, maybe its that bearded she-elf, and she is too ashamed to show her face, to the hardy sailors of Skellige.

Not that Konchita jokes again...:facepalm: But still i think its Ciri. I would like to see if that new haracter if it finally appears so. but anyway we wouldn`t find out till new thread about Characters/bestiary that was promised will appear here.

Top Bottom