The Witcher 2 save system..

+

deebe

Forum regular
The Witcher 2 save system..

Are you one of those people that save constantly before and after each fight, play poker or just worry that you might have to start back there? Then you probably use the quick save hotkey function, unfortunately quicksaving in the original Witcher didn't overwrite the files. ((so unfortunately, in my case i ended up with about 9gigs in total with save files) not a problem, tho it did take a while to delete) ;pThis mostly likely wont be a problem in the Witcher 2 as i have complete faith in cdprojekt

deebe said:
Are you one of those people that save constantly before and after each fight, play poker or just worry that you might have to start back there? Then you probably use the quick save hotkey function, unfortunately quicksaving in the original Witcher didn't overwrite the files. ((so unfortunately, in my case i ended up with about 9gigs in total with save files) not a problem, tho it did take a while to delete) ;pThis mostly likely wont be a problem in the Witcher 2 as i have complete faith in cdprojekt
Actually, I am :) But I never use quicksaving, I manually overwrite on previous savegames. Imo, the overwriting is uncomfortable especially if you lost or damage in someway you saves, or you need to come back and reload to a certain point. Since I have a very long (and unpleasant) experience with that, I use to fill my hd with savegames that I delete later (at the end of any chapter for example).:)

I am as well but don't use quick save for me it old habit to use manually overwrite on previous savegames

Seeker said:
I am as well but don't use quick save for me it old habit to use manually overwrite on previous savegames
in the Witcher I been saving over the auto savesvery few times I make my own save file!Here a question for you all though!Since The Witcher doesnt have different character names like DA:O/ME franchiseHow do we know which save file at end is which for transfering to TW2?I now plan to have my game where I side with knights, game where I side with elves, and neutral game, how do I tell their saved game files apart for transfering?

@ KalfearJust remember in which order you're gonna play those playthroughs and just check the date when each save file was created. I assume you only need the last " The order of the flaming rose " or something file.. right?

I really dig Fallout 3's save system. You got an autosave slot, a quicksave slot and normal save slots.Want.

eskiMoe said:
@ KalfearJust remember in which order you're gonna play those playthroughs and just check the date when each save file was created. I assume you only need the last " The order of the flaming rose " or something file.. right?
No idea, havent finished playing 1 playthrough yet!just wondering how it was going to be identified as even ME2 was a bit of a hassle with transfering old games over and those had individual saved game names.

Still have to check have to check how many gbs are all my quicksaves! Dicepoker is kinda to risky to let it be just luck :D!

Tomread said:
Still have to check have to check how many gbs are all my quicksaves! Dicepoker is kinda to risky to let it be just luck :D!
Yeah, I like to save a lot when playing rpg's and the save files in The Witcher are something like 20mb a piece.. Multiple playthroughs and a few thousand saves later.. :S

LOL... it is definitely an issue. I only use quick save since in TW it works just lika a regular save. At the end of the session I delete all save file but the 3 latest. Like it was mentioned, most games have autosave, quicksave and player's save slots. It can really frak someone's computer if there not much space available. Fortunately, we're in the TB's HD era.Just a guess but TW2 probably should have something to identify and extract info from TW1 saved files to let us choose which we want, for those who keep more than the latest files only like me. (the files are so HUGE for a savegame file anyway. There should be lots of extractable data in them with all info about the choices... heh)

Thoric said:
I really dig Fallout 3's save system. You got an autosave slot, a quicksave slot and normal save slots.Want.
Except that it isn't specifically Fallout 3's save system. It's a system that has been in use in RPGs at least since Baldur's gate came out and probably earlier.It's industry standard that quicksave overwrites it self and that there is a 3-4 rolling autosave system. Why Witcher didn't have overwriteing quicksave is something I don't understand. Anyway I quickly adapted and started making a five-slot-rolling normal save.

How do I find my save files? Where do I look?I have deleted all the physical ones but final 2 from my first play through but I doubt thats the files used to transfer to TW2 when time comes so where exactly do I find these files?Normally I look for save game files but Steam download seems to have things all mixed up

Top Bottom