The Witcher 2 to use "'always online DRM"?

+
fchopin said:
fchopin said:
They could do like it was in GTA 4.You had to register yourself online, but after that free to play with no further DMR problems.
And what happens if you are a person without internet connection?
Have you ever played GTA 4?you don't need internet connection to play GTA 4.. you can play it offlineall you need to do is to register once... And seriously? who doesn't have internet these days? (You can always find someone with internet) Besides having a computer compatible for Witcher 2 but doesn't have internet connection is the same probability as having a fully grown pig crawling out of your arse.They provide 50 million kids in Africa with internet every year. I bet people have it by now unless you're from the ass end of nowhere.

Juuuhan said:
Juuuhan said:
Juuuhan said:
They could do like it was in GTA 4.You had to register yourself online, but after that free to play with no further DMR problems.
And what happens if you are a person without internet connection?
Have you ever played GTA 4?you don't need internet connection to play GTA 4.. you can play it offlineall you need to do is to register once... And seriously? who doesn't have internet these days? (You can always find someone with internet) Besides having a computer compatible for Witcher 2 but doesn't have internet connection is the same probability as having a fully grown pig crawling out of your arse.They provide 50 million kids in Africa with internet every year. I bet people have it by now unless you're from the ass end of nowhere.
I have never played GTA 4 and have no plans to play the game.Why would i need to register a game online when i already purchased the game with real money, its like buying a music cd and then not been able to play the music unless i go online to register the cd.When people pay money for something that means you have already registered what you bought. I would recommend you visit other countries and see how some people actually live, not everyone has the same privileges on this planet and as far as i know RED are not making the game only for the well off people but for everyone.

fchopin said:
I would recommend you visit other countries and see how some people actually live, not everyone has the same privileges on this planet and as far as i know RED are not making the game only for the well off people but for everyone.
Again, this whole topic is whenever people download a game or not. If downloading wouldn't be a problem then DRM wouldn't exist. Maybe that's why? If you still think DRM is a problem, then i suggest you take that matter with CD red or don't get the game at all instead of arguing with me, who have no power what so ever to decide whenever CD red get DRM or not.I agree DRM shouldn't exist since you have bought the game, but the fact remains that it does, due to the fact that people download, so I rather suggest a decent DRM who doesn't mess with peoples gameplay than whining about something that i can never change.Again that's true. but people living in other countries have other issues rather than having a good computer who's also provided with an internet connection and as internet is today the biggest undeveloped country project in the world, its major issue whenever playing Witcher 2 or not is, if they have a decent computer and not if that computer have internet connection. I find that's the case since it's really nice graphic in Witcher 2, which means you must have a pretty decent computer to play it.Those countries you have in mind are mainly those who's in Africa & Middle East as most people in Europe (who have a gaming computer ofcourse) have internet by now. And i doubt The Witcher sold that many copies in Africa and Middle East to start with.If that fail aswell you can always check around. There is usually someone in the neighbourhood who have internet.PS your last line is quite naive. Ofcourse they make if for everybody, but this is still business and you have to see where you can make profit. With no profit they can't make a new game, So that's why this cute and pink world isn't so cute and cuddly. It's all about demand and supply.

If it existed so that people don't download then it's an epic fail because people have them cracked within a day it comes out and more people are downloading now than ever. CDP has it right when they say that a solid product with extras is the best deterrent to pirating because people will WANT to buy the product instead of download. DRM does nothing to stop pirating but it does piss customers off.Always online DRM will get cracked if it's there and downloaders won't have a problem. So basically the marketing strategy is to piss off some paying customers. That is what it comes down to.

craig386 said:
Always online DRM will get cracked if it's there and downloaders won't have a problem.
That's why it's a non-issue. It can come will all the DRM under the sun if it wants to. And while I'll buy the game, I won't be playing a version that has any of that garbage on it.

rhalle said:
rhalle said:
Always online DRM will get cracked if it's there and downloaders won't have a problem.
That's why it's a non-issue. It can come will all the DRM under the sun if it wants to. And while I'll buy the game, I won't be playing a version that has any of that garbage on it.
Full support to this. If the game is good people will pay for it.

If this online DRM is real, I will not be buying the game.Yes, I know it can easily be cracked, but that's besides the point. I am not going to send the message that I'm okay with paying for online DRM.

This is Just a reminder for those that miss this part.
Alek said:
Hi guys! This is exactly, how the rumors are born :) It all has begun with the interview of the CVG service with Mr. Comte of Namco Bandai. He told, that in his opinion there's no other way of fighting illegal copying of the games etc. All other information are rumors and cause panic among players. There is nothing to worry about! I hope our opinion about the DRM is clear, especially after removing it in the last patches for The Witcher game. Nothing is decided yet, and still, it's a private opinion of the Namco's delegate.Debates about any special protection system for the game is the one of last decissions to be made. We'll keep our foans informed, but since then - please do not worry about that. We don't want our players to face any inconvenience.

At first I was like : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBut then I saw the date the thread has been started.

Thanks for posting that Seeker. I would of had a fit if my most anticipated game is going to have this DRM nonsense.

saadishsnake said:
Thanks for posting that Seeker. I would of had a fit if my most anticipated game is going to have this DRM nonsense.
your most welcome your not the only one that would have had a fit to me DRM are useless just makes it harder on ppl that buy a legit copy of the game.

Seeker said:
to me DRM are useless just makes it harder on ppl that buy a legit copy of the game.
Very true. But let's all remember that the DRM is usually chosen by the publisher, and CDPR is the developer. I hope they now have enough clout (after winning 100+ awards and selling 1.5 million copies of TW1) to be able to put their foot down with Atari about DRM ... but that's not guaranteed.

damn it not again, it's bad enough i have to always be online to play single player starcraft 2(especially on those fine days when my router is on the fritz), but now the witcher? screw you bandai namco! good thing i do most of my game shopping on amazon so i can basically choose witch publisher version i want. think i'll go with atari since the first witcher game had no drm :)

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
to me DRM are useless just makes it harder on ppl that buy a legit copy of the game.
Very true. But let's all remember that the DRM is usually chosen by the publisher, and CDPR is the developer. I hope they now have enough clout (after winning 100+ awards and selling 1.5 million copies of TW1) to be able to put their foot down with Atari about DRM ... but that's not guaranteed.
CDPR could use their GOG.com service to distribute a DRM-free version. Money goes to the developer, no drm. I haven't bought a new game off the shelves since 2008 thanks to increasingly BS DRM and although I'm highly interested in TW2 I'll just give it a pass.I mean if push comes to shove someone always does a full walkthrough on youtube anyway so I can play the game by proxy for nothing. No pirating, no money.

hmm just read another post that said namco bandai bought atari or atari bought namco so scrath that last post of mine saying i'll buy the atari version .. hell, i'll just choose another version (i could try that GOG thing some of you guys have suggested). ah well... there is still quite some time left until the game is released so maybe things will change by then(i know pre-order is available now, but with no word on a collectors edition yet i won't pre-order, i did that with starcraft 2 and so i missed out on the collectors edition, can't have that happen with TW2)

Top Bottom