The Witcher 2 - unofficial FAQ

+
"• Story will give some explanations about what happened between Geralt’s death and TW1. Probably the amnesia thing will be explained• There will be TW1’s save importing. It will cause your money, swords and abilities carried to TW2. Also decisions made in TW1 will somehow affect TW2’s story.• In some urgent situations, when in dialogue, we will have to pick one of the dialogue options in a limited amount of time. If you won’t, game will pick one on its own." It´s just all I wished to know. Just waiting for more of this amazing work. 2011 still far...

I have not seen anything thats say it will work with Windows 7. Seeing as how this game is releasing when most people have the new OS then is there anything to say it will work with windows 7? This is a very important fact to find out beforehand.

Well genius, unlike EVERY OTHER new game that supports Win7 it does not say that it does support it. It only states that it supports up to Vista. So if there are any helpful, literate folks out there who could clarify this, I would appreciated it. I ask because there are several not so new games that only support up to Vista that DO NOT work with Win7. This would be good to know for the thousands of people with the new OS before pre-ordering the game. BTW szypek: You could help us all out and keep your pointless, selfish, and arrogant remarks to yourself. TY

ImDeadly said:
there are several not so new games that only support up to Vista
Exactly. No chances that any upcoming AAA title would not support W7. It would be suicide for developer. If the game was not to support something, it would be XP more likely, if at all.There is 6 months till premiere. Even if you pre-order today, you could always cancel your reservation, couldn't you?

Is there any news related to the translation of the game? Which language will be available? Will the game be voiced in any different language (like TW1) or there will be subtitles like in DAO?

secondchildren said:
Is there any news related to the translation of the game? Which language will be available? Will the game be voiced in any different language (like TW1) or there will be subtitles like in DAO?
From what I've understood from the conference, Italian version will be subbed onlyhttp://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=30694.msg5452385#msg5452385Will update the FAQ in the evening, gotta go through all available materials. Quite lot of them :)

ImDeadly said:
...I ask because there are several not so new games that only support up to Vista that DO NOT work with Win7...
Quite likely almost all of the games said to be supported up to Vista works on Windows 7 and I don't think a game released in 2011 would be in the group of several games you mentioned above. It's unclear to me that they don't write 7 in the requirements however, like they're afraid of writing it down so they don't be bothered by unexpected problems in 7, if that's possible or devs don't think 7 needed mentioning since they're no so different with Vista kernel-wise. I would be really shocked if it would be 7 incompatible, even if it is, they have to and they will make it compatible with 7.

szypek26 said:
szypek26 said:
From what I've understood from the conference, Italian version will be subbed onlyhttp://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=30694.msg5452385#msg5452385Will update the FAQ in the evening, gotta go through all available materials. Quite lot of them :)
Thank u so much :)For what I can read in the italian thread of this forum, my Italian companions are pretty unhappy of subtitles. This is mostly due to the widespread unknowledge of english in my country (we're pretty stubborn about it) but since there was an italian voiced version of TW1, I also wonder CDP chose only subtitles this time. Lack of money? With all the stuff included in the CE they couldn't buy some foreig actors to voice the game? o_O

szypek26 said:
There is 6 months till premiere. Even if you pre-order today, you could always cancel your reservation, couldn't you?
By the way, I think it's time for you to include an index as it's getting too big to manually operate. Just a suggestion.

Top Bottom