The Witcher 2 wishlist

+
How am I a bad apologist when I simply never had this problem? Perhaps your PCs are just crappy and react too slowly. I always paused the game after the loading screen which gave me way enough time to draw my weapon if necessary. I really cannot understand why this is such an issue for you people.

Demut said:
How am I a bad apologist when I simply never had this problem?
Forgive them bro. They're just too lazy to use the "Q" and "E" keys to equip weapons when attacked, and you know the saying is about a bad workman, right?

I'm sorry but I have to comment on this:"Also you were given the choice of purchasing the red ribbon a drowner-repeller 400 oren, garlic, rattle, pouch of salt at some point in the game."I want to add that this repelling talismans only complicate things in the first game! For example before the end of the game I was in a swamp (place where you can kill the Striga) and I had this red ribbon... I tried to enter a cave, but Witcher can't exit fighting place!!!! I know this won't be the problem in TW2, but I just had to say it!

I agree that this was very annoying, but it could be avoided through a very complicated procedure....Taking it off in the swamp. :pOh, and there were methods to get both for free. Pouch of salt from the hermit after the wild hunt quest, and the ribbon from the water nymph in murky waters after the amulet quest.

Back on topic: I just thought of an awesome item for the wishlist: beautifuly painted loading screens! Like those in TW1. Now, I am fully aware that TW2 will have only 4 loading screens, however I'm sure players will sometimes load and save their games. At these points, additional loading screens above the four needed throughout the game would be necessery. And I hope each significant location will have it's own set :)

I second your motion, gorthuar :B@Vilgefortze: (Seriously, what does your name mean? It sounds so strange to me as it reminds me of a German slang term for female genitalia xD) I also remember them saying something about less loading screens. The reason for this is that the areas will be significantly larger and loaded in one piece so you don’t have to switch anymore. The only loading will probably occur between the different kingdoms.

@Demut:Vilgefortz is a character from the Witcher saga. Probably the most powerful mage in the saga. He double-crossed many people and even screwed over empires in his quest for power. He was finally defeated by Geralt. Try googling him, if you need any info on him, or try the wikis if you're in a hurry. Read the books if you have more time on your hand. It's by far the much better alternative.IT'S "FORTZ", NOT "FOTZE". I added an "E" for individuality. It doesn't make it mean a c*nt.

Vilgefortze said:
IT'S "FORTZ", NOT "FOTZE". I added an "E" for individuality. It doesn't make it mean a c*nt.
Dude, I know. I only said it reminded me of it not that it is spelled exactly the same.

Vilgefortze said:
Is this confirmed? Only 4 loading screens? Why?
It's to cut the down on the amount of times opponents will assail Geralt before he's had a chance to draw his big Witcher's sword ;)

Simple, really. On slower PCs, if you entered a room full of hostile NPCs (like the Salamandra hideout in the Outskirts, for example), they'd be already battering Geralt before the player would regain control over him and draw a sword. All courtesy of the loading screen and, indeed, loading itself, that was needed to enter the room in the first place.The Witcher 2 dispenses with that, requiring but four loading screens. Propably between the game's Acts.

Oh. I see. I never faced this problem, and wasn't really aware of it. So on higher difficulty and slower PCs you could be dead before you know it, eh?Thank you for the clarification.

Hey, I misunderstood the problem. I thought people were complaining that after entering room's with enemies Geralt still doesn't have a drawn sword sometimes. I thought that such a complaint was pretty lame , as you can easily unsheathe you weapon yourself. I didn't know people had a problem where they were nearly hacked to death before they could even see it.

Not sure if it was mentioned before(to lazy to read all 22 pages) but I just finished reading The Last Wish last night and started reading Blood of Elves today. I'm at chapter 2 and was just thinking it would be cool if we could meet or even travel with(as a party member) Ciri in this game.. she seems like a pretty big character , worthy of more than just a mention in the first game.

Vilgefortze said:
Hey, I misunderstood the problem. I thought people were complaining that after entering room's with enemies Geralt still doesn't have a drawn sword sometimes. I thought that such a complaint was pretty lame , as you can easily unsheathe you weapon yourself. I didn't know people had a problem where they were nearly hacked to death before they could even see it.
Not only that, we see in TW2 that Geralt can run with his sword drawn. I got tired of him re-sheathing in the swamps when I knew he would need it a few seconds later. Just keep your damn sword drawn Geralt!

Top Bottom