The Witcher 2 wishlist

+
Unless Gog.com client works like a sharing program I'm afraid that won't be possible.I wouldn't mind sharing some 25kb/s. Only 2mbps here =/

Orochi82 said:
I had an idea that would solve the whole problem about Geralt's fightning stances. Geralt could have different stances, but that would not affect his sword moves. Instead, the different battle stances would benefit Geralt's defense. For example, just a sketch..........Temerian Devil Stance: Raises Geralt's resistance against sword attacks.Fiery Dancer Stance: Raises Geralt's probability of auto dodging or deflect arrows.Viroledan Stance: Raises Geralt's Resistance when fightning 3 or more enemies at a time.Of course, those stances should be acquired with exp points, like any other skills and could be improved.In each stance Geralt would move in all directions, in a different defensive manner without giving his back on foes, for the sake of the well made in battle movement animations TW1 had. That would put an end in Geralt's lack of fightning forms and at the same time would not change the new system of strong and light sword attacks, pleasing both sides. I think it's fair enough.Note that this would only affect Geralt's body movements, not the sword moves. The sword moves should stay the way they are in pre-beta, it's quite alright.
I like your idea, though i prefer a more oriental swordsmanship but the idea is great. I believe the different stances should affect how Geralt move and attack.

I like that too, but it would affect the new system of light and heavy attacks, CDPR can't really change that.It would be too similar from TW1 most people don't want that unfortunately.

Netopier said:
I hope Gog.com internet band will be able to deal all the downloads at the launching day. oO
I'm almost sure it won't.Why don't we offer our bandwich for the release week? I think it would be a good idea (unless I messed up how internet band works).
I have no idea how they could manage that, but if they can, I'm in!

I have no idea how they could manage that, but if they can, I'm in!
They could tweak gog's client in a way that users that already have the whole game can upload them for all other users that are still downloading it. Of course, only for those that payed for the game.

Orochi82 said:
where its relatively big gaming comunity is not much known - unless bad MMO players
You must be speaking for yourself then. I used to be a hell of a mmo player. Big gaming community not much known ! Hah!Why did Hector Sanchez came to Brazil then to promote the new Mortal Kombat game ??? Because we are an unknown gaming community ?? Brazilian gaming community is one of the greatest in the whole world dude, I don't think you are brazilian. Where are you from ?? Northeast ??http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiSxPAj_B2A
Petra was just positively surprised to see a person from such a place; where culturally is known for football, women, samba.
There's nothing to be surprised about. We're just humans as anyone else, and the brazilians I KNOW are ****** great players, mind you.BTW CDPR, UOL JOGOS is a huge gaming portal in Brazil. I got to know The Witcher 1 before it was released through UOL JOGOS. Those guys are always updated about the gaming world.You could send them some material to promote TW2 here in Brazil as well. Just a suggestion. Here:http://jogos.uol.com.br/Brazilians loved The Witcher, as my friend says The Witcher é do caralho.http://jogos.uol.com.br/pc/fichas/thewitcher2.jhtmhttp://jogos.uol.com.br/pc/previas/thewitcher2.jhtm
Yeah, I considered myself a hell of a good MMO player too. But there are some guys out there who really gives us a bad name.I'm very much aware of BGS, one of the reasons I didn't go was because it was too damn crowded.When I say our community is not much known and there is nothing wrong in Petra feel surprised, I say to put things in perspective. Have some sense, please. US, Europe, Japan, and then China, South Korea. Those are the big communities today. Not everyone from everywhere hear from us because of gaming, and on gaming, I just showed common sense. The Witcher is not a AAA multiplayer console game with a HUGE global community out there, where there thousands of posts everyday from all people over the world. So, guys from South America should be rare or a minority. It's just that, ok?But, nice to call me "northeastian". Show some real good comprehension of our country.

Orochi82 said:
So, guys from South America should be rare or a minority. It's just that, ok?
Don't say that man. Los Hermanos will get pissed. Che Guevara ftw.
Uh, what? Whatever...Edit: By the way, maybe Gamevicio will work on a translation for the subtitles again? Have one of you guys checked on it?In general, I think TW2 players are ready to play it on English on release. :)

Orochi82 said:
So, guys from South America should be rare or a minority. It's just that, ok?
Don't say that man. Los Hermanos will get pissed. Che Guevara ftw.
im from Argentina =PHere its legal to buy a copy of a game, every game costs like us$1 - 2 its very cheap but its not an original game, they come with a serial number and a crack :p i dont know how it is in other countries, but here there is no problem with that, all the video games stores have those pirated games.The thing is that if you want to buy a oiriginal game its so expensive and difficult to get =/ thats why im getting the digital edition from gog :)

im from Argentina =PHere its legal to buy a copy of a game, every game costs like us$1 - 2 its very cheap but its not an original game, they come with a serial number and a crack :p i dont know how it is in other countries, but here there is no problem with that, all the video games stores have those pirated games.The thing is that if you want to buy a oiriginal game its so expensive and difficult to get =/ thats why im getting the digital edition from gog :)
Same thing here. Importers will rip you off, customs will rip you off. Wish I could pay 45BRL instead of 45USD. That would be perfect. Anyways, 45USD is affordable.

I'd like The Witcher 2 to become the best RPG of 2011 (or ever). :) Guys, I bet on you. EA and Bioware seems failed with DA2 (as for me)

Zheker said:
I'd like The Witcher 2 to become the best RPG of 2011 (or ever). :)
That’s going to be hard. After all “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim” is being released this year as well. But Best Third-Person-RPG of all times looks manageable.

Demut said:
Demut said:
I'd like The Witcher 2 to become the best RPG of 2011 (or ever). :)
That’s going to be hard. After all “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim” is being released this year as well. But Best Third-Person-RPG of all times looks manageable.
skyrim has muscle shirt armor and horned helmets. it's not even good enough to be in the competition.

Muscle shirt armor? What? Did I miss something? Or are you merely talking about armor without arm protection? And what is wrong with horned helmets? They’re creating a fantasy world and not a historically accurate game about vikings.Pretty weak arguments if that is all you’ve got. The engine seems to have some impressive features which TW2 lacks (e.g. Radiant Story).Speaking of which, I hope TW2 is going to be less linear and we’ll be able to revisit areas when there’ll be “acts” again.

Demut said:
And what is wrong with horned helmets? They’re creating a fantasy world and not a historically accurate game about vikings.
Seamusgod sets a great store by helmets. I thought he'd made that very, very clear already. :)
Speaking of which, I hope TW2 is going to be less linear and we’ll be able to revisit areas when there’ll be “acts” again.
I think somebody asked this already, and they said we couldn't revisit areas from previous chapters, but there would be plenty to explore in the current one.

HomemComH said:
Curb DX9 support, you WinXP users are holding PC gaming back.
It was miles better than Vista, so it made sense to keep it. I once saw a tech-head advise someone who was having problems to UPGRADE from Vista to XP. He wasn't joking!

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Curb DX9 support, you WinXP users are holding PC gaming back.
It was miles better than Vista, so it made sense to keep it. I once saw a tech-head advise someone who was having problems to UPGRADE from Vista to XP. He wasn't joking!
Then use Windows 7.

Top Bottom