The Witcher 2 wishlist

+
13pm said:
My wishlist is quite simple:2. Full-length answers. I can't imagine a good RPG using the shortened "idea-of-an-answer" phrases. The thing is, I spend even more time guessing what does this short phrase mean, instead of reading the full sentence. 3. Make combat tactical, let us pause it at least to make decisions. I know, combat in the first game was quite an issue for many people, but I personally liked it very much. It was a good balance of real-time action and tactical decisions.4. Different camera modes. I like the closed-up over-the-shoulder view, but I totally dislike the camera shaking a-la Mass Effect. It makes sea-sick, you know. So, at least I would like to switch that off. If it's possible, I really would appreciate the option to zoom out the camera, especially in combat.5. Do not turn it into an eternal slash-fest.
for 2nd - Had same problem and few times was glad to have an auto-save right before that dialogue, as I guess wrong :)for 3rd - yes, with that I agree too, it wasn't perfect, but you was sure, that even with less good sword you will be capable of beating the enemy, as long as you choose the right way to swing your sword. And I had no problems in combinding signs with swords, thou they are talking about "having to switch between"... Maybe it was only in isometric?for 4th - mhm, I get motion sickness too, usually too early in game to experiance it to fullest, so if camera shakes, there should at least be something to concentrate your attention to.for 5th - would add this to my wishlist too :) act 4 I liked most just because there was plenty of things to find out, adventures and quests and on top of that - plenty of places to hunt, neither was overthrowing the other

Great Mroakus, you have spoken going into specific situation, my hint was general, not specific. What I wanted to say is that cd projekt red must keep the purposes we have read in the final frame of the first debut trailer. Don't look the trend for videogames, go to your ways, like the first. So, The story is very very important, especially the quests that are special in the first game, but you have considering that you're doing a videogames, not a film. Mass Effect 2 is not an rpg, even other game and other sequel. You look Mass Effect 2, and you see what you DON'T do. XD Good purpose to fix, but not upset the formula I think is the key.13pm says good when speak about OST of the first game. It can be interesting to listen the old theme riarranged.Mroakus says good when speak about a lot of things that we never use like oil and other things. For signs instead, I think it is good the choiche of the first game, when you choose essentially one or two signs and go for that. For me Aard. I agree clearly with Stratego, Boss must be tough than the other normal enemies, but they were bad in my hopinion, the weakest point of the game. One thing important: Various combact or less it is useless combact again and again with the same tipology of enemies. This is one thing that I hate about Dragon Age Origins for example. Variety o less combact, really, it's very important. Ah,last, give freedom to gamer for look to the world, optional and interesting subquest and contingency meeting.Thanks for the attention, my apologies for English, thanks to other "Witcher Brothers" ;D

13pm said:
My wishlist is quite simple:1. Make the athmosphere as good as in the first game. I'm quite confident in visuals now. But I still haven't heard any official in-game music. The soundtrack for the first game was a masterpiece. I really wish you guys invite Adam Skorupa again to score the game. He did a great job to create the athmo for the first one.2. Full-length answers. I can't imagine a good RPG using the shortened "idea-of-an-answer" phrases. The thing is, I spend even more time guessing what does this short phrase mean, instead of reading the full sentence. And translation of this MassEffectish dialogues is quite an issue: even if the original shortened phrases may describe the full answer well, the translation misses the point in many cases. So, please, CDPR, do a normal PC game. Not the Nu-gen dumbed-down action console thing. You can do that, everyone knows that.At least, make it as an option for us, hadcore RPG and Witcher fans :)3. Make combat tactical, let us pause it at least to make decisions. I know, combat in the first game was quite an issue for many people, but I personally liked it very much. It was a good balance of real-time action and tactical decisions.4. Different camera modes. I like the closed-up over-the-shoulder view, but I totally dislike the camera shaking a-la Mass Effect. It makes sea-sick, you know. So, at least I would like to switch that off. If it's possible, I really would appreciate the option to zoom out the camera, especially in combat.5. Do not turn it into an eternal slash-fest. The swamp area in the Witcher was terrible with it's not obvious paths and the rain. And when it was accompanied by the hords of drowners, it made me wish to stop playing it. Also, Dragon Age was kinda screwed by enormous slash-fest areas. It's a very annoying thing.And the last but not the least that sums up many of my wishes: Please, don't fix what's not broken! ;) Faces of main heroes, dialogues, music etc.
Couldn't agree more.Please, please give su full dialogues and an option to pause combat.Pretty please...

Hamenaglar said:
Hamenaglar said:
My wishlist is quite simple:1. Make the athmosphere as good as in the first game. I'm quite confident in visuals now. But I still haven't heard any official in-game music. The soundtrack for the first game was a masterpiece. I really wish you guys invite Adam Skorupa again to score the game. He did a great job to create the athmo for the first one.2. Full-length answers. I can't imagine a good RPG using the shortened "idea-of-an-answer" phrases. The thing is, I spend even more time guessing what does this short phrase mean, instead of reading the full sentence. And translation of this MassEffectish dialogues is quite an issue: even if the original shortened phrases may describe the full answer well, the translation misses the point in many cases. So, please, CDPR, do a normal PC game. Not the Nu-gen dumbed-down action console thing. You can do that, everyone knows that.At least, make it as an option for us, hadcore RPG and Witcher fans :)3. Make combat tactical, let us pause it at least to make decisions. I know, combat in the first game was quite an issue for many people, but I personally liked it very much. It was a good balance of real-time action and tactical decisions.4. Different camera modes. I like the closed-up over-the-shoulder view, but I totally dislike the camera shaking a-la Mass Effect. It makes sea-sick, you know. So, at least I would like to switch that off. If it's possible, I really would appreciate the option to zoom out the camera, especially in combat.5. Do not turn it into an eternal slash-fest. The swamp area in the Witcher was terrible with it's not obvious paths and the rain. And when it was accompanied by the hords of drowners, it made me wish to stop playing it. Also, Dragon Age was kinda screwed by enormous slash-fest areas. It's a very annoying thing.And the last but not the least that sums up many of my wishes: Please, don't fix what's not broken! ;) Faces of main heroes, dialogues, music etc.
Couldn't agree more.Please, please give su full dialogues and an option to pause combat.Pretty please...
If Geralt`s answers are too long in the multiple choice dialogues why not just write down the first few sentences and then make dotes? Like "This is not Nilfgard but Temaria...."How can we decide what the consequences of an answer will be just based on a short quote such as "meaning"? And how will this work when the games is translated into different languages? It takes an excellent translator to be able to do that! .

Mass Effect uses the short dialogue options too and most people never had problems with it.It's actually quite interesting when you don't know word by word what Geralt is going to say (or in Mass Effect's case Shepard) but you kinda give him a direction to go to so it's not like you can make a "wrong" decision.That's actually something I always found little silly, when I read a dialogue option once when making a decision it's kinda silly to just listen to Geralt say the same exact thing I just read myself a moment ago, which sometimes resulted in skipping Geralts dialogue as I all ready know what he's gonna say.Dragon Age uses the old school dialogue system but that's only because your character doesn't even speak so the dialogue choices are long. I'm sure if BioWare would've used the new dialogue option there too if your character spoke but there's 3 races female and male so recording all that dialogue 6 times would be crazy.

Stratego said:
@ Mrowakus :Anyways: 12 ingredients bring how many possible combinations ? my math is rusty but i guess it goes over a few million results, right? :)... just talkin' here...
Alchemy. Well, yeah I got a little bit carried awat with 12 ingredients. 8 would suffice I guess.
Thank you for the link.
Your welcome.
On the sword stuff i believe he could wield a sword coated in silver which could be used with both types of enemies humanoids and monsters.But they are telling a story, in that story the witcher kills monsters with a silver sword. ;D ;D
About that, in the books series Geralt used his silver sword rarely even when faced with monsters - only a handful of creatures showing particularily strong supernatural legacy and/or powers (ie. some vampires, wrights, strigas, werewolves etc.) were powerless against its touch. He did however, use his steel cleaver to kill humanoid-like creatures quite often e.g. ghouls (incidentally, in the books ghouls are not undead. In truth, the undead are few and far between in the world. Even vampires are alive) or heavily armoured wyverns. I'll spoil your fun from reading a little bit and say that
although Geralt slays numerous monsters throughout the series from book 3 till the end he has no access to a silver blade
The way I see it the silver sword could be effective only against few selected enemies. The more supernatural, (eg corporeal) enemy is the less potent steel sword becomes against it, and the more prone the creature is to the touch of silver. Such monsters, to my mind, should be much more powerful than an average drowner - even to the point of becoming semi-bosses. Of course, if such solution were to be implemented it would make investing points in silver sword seem a less reasonable option. That is why I favour the system I highlighted before involving separation of sword skills into two-handed and one-handed blade expertise with the introduction of long-steel and two-handed silver swords.I must also say I like your suggestion about coating you blade with a silver dust, provided of course that it would be a money-exhausting operation.Sorry for straying too far into specific details. Hope I didn't bore you all to death.Cheers :)

Brag said:
Mass Effect uses the short dialogue options too and most people never had problems with it.
I did. In fact I had so big problems that I've decided I'll never again buy an rpg implementing such a dialogue system.
It's actually quite interesting when you don't know word by word what Geralt is going to say (or in Mass Effect's case Shepard) but you kinda give him a direction to go to so it's not like you can make a "wrong" decision.
The amount of times the actual response was different than what I expected it to be was staggering. I've noticed a lot of people claimed that too.
That's actually something I always found little silly, when I read a dialogue option once when making a decision it's kinda silly to just listen to Geralt say the same exact thing I just read myself a moment ago, which sometimes resulted in skipping Geralts dialogue as I all ready know what he's gonna say.
Yes, much better option is to listen to him saying something you don't want him to say.

Brag said:
Mass Effect uses the short dialogue options too and most people never had problems with it.
I did. And thanks to translation too. But then I got used to that the upper right is always goo, lower right is always bad. That was plain stupid. Moreover, Mass Effects decisions don't affect 99% of the game. But it's not even an RPG to be honest.
It's actually quite interesting when you don't know word by word what Geralt is going to say (or in Mass Effect's case Shepard) but you kinda give him a direction to go to so it's not like you can make a "wrong" decision.That's actually something I always found little silly, when I read a dialogue option once when making a decision it's kinda silly to just listen to Geralt say the same exact thing I just read myself a moment ago, which sometimes resulted in skipping Geralts dialogue as I all ready know what he's gonna say.
You've got a nice point here, I have nothing to argue with, but I just don't like this type of dialogues. I have no problem to skip a phrase if I don't want to listen. If I want to see a movie, I just listed to all the dialogues.
Dragon Age uses the old school dialogue system but that's only because your character doesn't even speak so the dialogue choices are long. I'm sure if BioWare would've used the new dialogue option there too if your character spoke but there's 3 races female and male so recording all that dialogue 6 times would be crazy.
Actually, Dragon Age is quite close to ME and other Bioware games it terms of meaningful choices. A lot of answer options in DA are fake. They mostly result just in the same railroad thing. So even if it had the short answer thing, it would've not lost anything. I liked TW for really meaningful answers. And I don't want to be "lost in translation".

Mrowakus said:
I must also say I like your suggestion about coating you blade with a silver dust, provided of course that it would be a money-exhausting operation.
I'm not a "great wielder of the english". I wanted to say a sword with silver veins "smithed" into her, which would suffice against monsters.Then you could add any oil you want to the blade to adapt it to your urgent needs.Anyway if you saw any of the movies the studio released, you noticed that he has two scabbards on his back so...

seriously the witcher 2 will be use the same system of dialogue of Mass Effect? IT IS TERRIBLE, IT IS A NIGHTMARE. :eek:

Character-stance responses like in ME have never been a problem with me. Its always been clear what direction the conversation will take in ME1 and ME2. You just don't know exactly what he will say which adds a dynamic element.

Blackwood said:
me too!And I would like see Geralt walking... :)
Geralt could walk even in the witcher 1...u just have to click and hold the left click just infront of geralt and he would stroll rather than running...Regarding wishlist i am more intersted in point no 3...i would definitely want to see the other witchers alot...they are so cool like Geralt himself...ok not like geralt but cool enough to be involved in the story alot more...

zohaibgino said:
zohaibgino said:
me too!And I would like see Geralt walking... :)
Geralt could walk even in the witcher 1...u just have to click and hold the left click just infront of geralt and he would stroll rather than running...Regarding wishlist i am more intersted in point no 3...i would definitely want to see the other witchers alot...they are so cool like Geralt himself...ok not like geralt but cool enough to be involved in the story alot more...
Yes, should've said it more clear - I would like to see Geralt walking in OTS :) I don't really like all that clicking, so I play in OTS, whenever I can.

1. More character models2. Other witchers3. Free world, you could always be going back to the places you’ve already visited and teleportation should be helpful while realizing this.4. Walking, running and fast running Geralt in OTS ofc. When you have to do something in a village and if it requires you running to and fro again and again running fast would be useful.5. @Stratego, I never witnessed properly working drowner repeller ribbon and yes if we had the chance to learn any sign from the start then most people wouldn’t find the signs other than Aard and Ignii useless. I agree with you on that.6. About stealth, in first game. You could enter any house and loot anything. The owners of the house says nothing to you. In Fable: The Lost Chapters there were guards in most cities and if you’re caught stealing anything you were forced to pay a fine if you can’t pay they would throw you out of the city and you couldn’t enter for sometime or until you pay. In day time almost all of the houses had open doors and the housefolk were wandering about the neighbourhood or some stay in the house. So you could generally steal wtihout getting caught but still there was the possibility someone could see you while stealing (even a stranger coming into the house) and call the guards. Also at night you could pick locks provided you don’t get caught (either by the guards patrolling or a house owner), walk into the houses without awaking the people and steal.7. Personally I’m a big fan of riddles, treasure hunting and secret stuff either it be a secret mediocre weapon or an item of value. I’d like have some riddle solving.8. Maybe the ability to use bows to shoot arrows could be interesting though I don’t know if it’s unnatural to the Witcher books of Andrzej Sapkovski (hope I’ve spelled it right).9. Also I’d like the opportunity to sheathe my weapon and use my signs anywhere anytime. Enabling slaughtering entire cities. I hate it when I can’t use my sword because I’m in a safe environment though I want to use it. In Fable if someone makes a bad joke to you they would get their deserving at the price of a fine and not being allowed to enter the city for some time if the guards caught you ofc.10. Maybe there could be bandit raids in some villages from time to time to be joined or to be pulverized protecting villageers and their goods.11. Buying estates just to meditate in or marrying to someone, having children in or showcasing a monster a trophy in.12. When talking to characters or in cutscenes I'd like the characters face show their feelings. In the first game I only remember Morenn strangely lifting one of her eyebrows and that's all. When a character gets angry talking to you I think we should also understand it from their face. Geralt is an exception, being the main character and a witcher maybe he is the ultimate pokerface but others...I don't know. To give an example have you noticed Lambert's face when he is sharpening his sword in prologue before the raid? He looks like dead.That’s pretty much it I guess.

1) Hope that they will mend his face and make it resembling more original one.2) Much more signs available. Ive found most of them very useful, especially 3 -- Aard, Igni, Kwen. But I (as for many others) want more signs available. Bring it on! Actually throughout the game Ive specialized on signs, not on swordplay, and as signs supposed to be just supportive, nevertheless Ive won many battles using just signs, and Ive liked it very much, so I dont think devs should diminish importance of signs and drag them down -- so they should leave them same important.3) To be able to customize as much as possible -- hairstyle, armor, weapons.4) More NPCs variations, cos it was an issue in original w1. You just like walking on the street and can totally see 10 npcs with the same face, at the same place.5) Save file import from w1?6) Longer game play??

Couple of things I would like to see in TW2:Old and new soundtracks. I really loved TW1's soundtracks so I hope they'll not be forgotten in the sequel as well. Enhancements are also welcome and whole new soundtracks, of course. The grass/hey would bend and swing when a character hits it. Quite minor detail, but I'd love it.Many of others are already said couple of time earlier.

Brag said:
- Replaying chapters.
Makes no sense story-wise.
Brag said:
- Less drowners.
Not necessarily. I didn't find them that annoying. Though I doubt there will be many drowners (new landscape etc.)Well, that's what I'd put on the wish list:- More and proper models in general: What I mean is this: You eat blueberries and Geralt pulls out a mutton leg. What the fuck, guys? Another thing: You drink a mug of beer and Geralt uses a bottle. The same one, every time. And the weapons (e.g. Tamerian steel sword) looked pretty alike, too. Come on, it isn't that time consuming letting someone work on such small items, is it? Even an amateur could create something like that in less than an hour.- "Durable" corpses: Couldn't you let them lie around a bit longer? That wouldn't cost too much CPU power, would it? Or at least create some decent 'fading out' animations. Like, if it's magical it should not just vanish but disappear with some nice graphic effects. For example, a barghest could dissolve in green smoke or something similar.- REAL alternative endings: In the end it didn't matter that much what you did. Remember the first choice? Fighting the Frightener or saving the lab? Well, as it turns out, nothing would have changed. So yeah, that was a bit disappointing. And then, on top of that, a Kalkstein who blubbers some dumb ****** about "would you have chosen otherwise if you knew the outcome" after a cut-scene where Geralt says everything would have been different. Seriously ... try to make some more differences earlier in the game.- Anti-"cheat"-measurements: It sucked that you could save, play dice, lose and then just reload. Is there any possibility to prevent that?- More voice actors: Really everyone on the street with the same model had the same voice. That was extremely annoying. I know they're not cheap but could you at least let some non-professionals speak two or even just one line? This way you'd gain much more variety.- More animations: If Geralt picks something up or gathers fruits it would be nice to have at least a little animation like stretching his arm and grabbing it.- NO achievements: Please, don't follow this brainfucked hype. The Witcher is no game for achievements. They would utterly ruin the gaming experience.- Affecting signs: Everything should be affected by signs. Aard for example should also blast away small animals, NPCs and bend the grass etc.- Drunk Geralt: How about another voice for Geralt when he's drunk? I know, this would usually mean every line has to be recorded twice but you could make it like this: NPCs don't talk to Geralt when he's drunk or shake him off.- Locked doors: What the heck was that? There were dozens and dozens of locked doors in the game and most of them couldn't be opened. Why did you include the possibility of clicking them at all? - Change between music: The change between battle music and normal music was rather abrupt. I'd prefer a smoother one.- More minigames: Playing dice, boxing, drinking with people, all these little "minigames" were fun and enhanced the overall experience. It would be nice if you included most of them once more and also created new ones.- Free moving: Not everyone might think like this but I endorse a more open area. Frankly speaking it's dumb that Geralt, the mighty witcher, is not able to overcome a stupid, little and rotten fence. What's up with that? Let him destroy it or at least jump over it. Same with not so steep hills.

e-ahmet said:
1.More character models2.Other witchers(...)
1) Definetely will happen3) Definetely won't happen4) There will be run-or-walk option in TW2. It can be seen on gameplays available in the Web :p6) No house robbing in TW2. NPCs will dynamically react our actions and remeber what we have done to them :p8 ) In books Geralt didn't use bows or crossbows, so neither will use some in TW2. And it's "Sapkowski". You could just google it ;)11) Geralt's not a kind of person who would settle in. Very bad idea, very far from book image of the White Wolf12) Mimics / animations will be much better in TW2 than they were in TW1And guys... Expect very big TW2's unofficial FAQ... maybe even today. I've done one for the Polish forum two days ago and yesterday I've translated it into English. Now it's awaiting for Daerdin's acceptation. Stay tuned!

szypek26 said:
And guys... Expect very big TW2's unofficial FAQ... maybe even today. I've done one for the Polish forum two days ago and yesterday I've translated it into English. Now it's awaiting for Daerdin's acceptation. Stay tuned!
Great! Looking forward to it.

Stratego said:
and maybe not all of you have seen this hd movies.Thanks Flash.
What's so great about some Polish guys making a lame presentation on a press conference?

Top Bottom