The Witcher 2 wishlist

+
SUBTLE TRACERSI saw the latest trailer (Prison break) and it was amazing! However, the sword combat without a flow tracer looks very bad. I think you want to achieve realistic look. BUT 'no tracers' are not realistic at all. Try to swing the real sword or your hand in front of your eyes. You DO see a motion blur (or tracer) which shows the path your hand has taken. Without it, your eyes could not understand the movement - especially with rapid movements. You would see only few 'animation keys' not the 'movement'. So please, you really should include some subtle tracers.

Alatharenn said:
SUBTLE TRACERSI saw the latest trailer (Prison break) and it was amazing! However, the sword combat without a flow tracer looks very bad. I think you want to achieve realistic look. BUT 'no tracers' are not realistic at all. Try to swing the real sword or your hand in front of your eyes. You DO see a motion blur (or tracer) which shows the path your hand has taken. Without it, your eyes could not understand the movement - especially with rapid movements. You would see only few 'animation keys' not the 'movement'. So please, you really should include some subtle tracers.
I agree with you. Not to show off but simply to help following the sword. On the other hand the Witcher is that quick with the sword that maybe we are not supposed to notice it moving :pAnd I would gladly see some more love to hair animation. Probably this is one of those thing devs add at the end of production, but CD Projekt please don't forget about the physics of the ponytail :)

I agree 100% about the sword tracers. In TW1, there was a very cool blur effect so you cold follow the arc of the swing. I immediately noticed this was missing in the latest videos of TW2. It makes the animation itself seem vague; your not sure where the blade is traveling.But I suspect this will be present in the final build of the game.

slimgrin said:
I agree 100% about the sword tracers. In TW1, there was a very cool blur effect so you cold follow the arc of the swing. I immediately noticed this was missing in the latest videos of TW2. It makes the animation itself seem vague; your not sure where the blade is traveling.But I suspect this will be present in the final build of the game.
It's true. I noticed the combat was missing something, it looked like it lacks the impact you would expect from a sword combat. The blur effect from TW1 made the sword swings look much cooler also there's really no effect at all when you strike at enemy, just a little bit blood.Currently the moves Geralt performs look cool but the lack of these effects makes everything look really floaty.

i've seen the videos and there's pretty much nothing i have problem with. and obviousl i can't change the source material.however, i hope the modding options are as expansive as they were in the first. bottom line: i want to play as one of the knight characters.
Brag said:
Brag said:
It's true. I noticed the combat was missing something, it looked like it lacks the impact you would expect from a sword combat. The blur effect from TW1 made the sword swings look much cooler also there's really no effect at all when you strike at enemy, just a little bit blood.Currently the moves Geralt performs look cool but the lack of these effects makes everything look really floaty.
i disagree, it looks much much better without the silly(cool?) looking things. a sword swing doesn't produce a shockwave, so i don't know why you would want to see that. also, the new blood looks good. that's what happens when you slice someone. crystals don't fall out, just blood.

seamusgod said:
i disagree, it looks much much better without the silly(cool?) looking things. a sword swing doesn't produce a shockwave, so i don't know why you would want to see that. also, the new blood looks good. that's what happens when you slice someone. crystals don't fall out, just blood.
So you didn't like this effect in TW1? Because it was definitely in that game.

i am neutral towards it, but for witcher 2, i suspect they are going for a more realistic representation of fighting. i saw grappling in the prison trailer as well. so i hope they keep it that way.

This is a petition based on a real historical character.Since the Witcher is a Polish game I think it would be only fair to start including some real historical characters into the mix. Although the game is based off the lore in the books by Andrzej Sapkowski. In my opinion it would be great to include one of these:http://www.badassoftheweek.com/hussars.htmlNOTICE: The site is written in a rather "modern" fashion.I've know about hussars since I was little and I think including at least one would make a great contribution.

i believe that's a little late for the witcher's time period. i get the sense that it's more late 15th century style with the tabards and bascinets. would be great to see some pigface basincets.don't know if that was popular in poland.

seamusgod said:
i believe that's a little late for the witcher's time period. i get the sense that it's more late 15th century style with the tabards and bascinets. would be great to see some pigface basincets.don't know if that was popular in poland.
It's true, although I wouldn't consider the King's armor to be chronologically correct either for the dark ages. Geralt's armor on the other hand, might be. I didn't see your point as valid since we're talking about Monsters, Crusaders,Elves and plate armor all in the same package. Why not something that makes Poland proud?

A couple of months ago when the first TW2 videos were leaked, I made a comment which I will copy/paste almost verbatim:" [..] it's a little too gloomy and harsh for my taste. I hope the Witcher 2 universe won't be like this, at least not entirely. There was a surreal serenity and picturesque in Witcher 1 which made it a very pleasant gaming experience (lakeside, outskirts, Druid Groove) and contrasted very well with darker elements of the story (swamp, Chapter V)."All videos I've seen since then only confirm my worries. Speaking of bleakness, there's also a touch of Oblivion and Dragon Age, which is a pity IMHO since Witcher 1 had a life (and a personality) of its own and there was no need to borrow from those titles. Again, I hope I'm all wrong since I've only seen the tip of the iceberg. Then there's also Geralt's new look, probably the most debated and controversial element. I know the issue it's pretty much settled now, and the developers justified themselves by saying sometyhing like ' the perceived wolfish features of Geralt were in reality the by-product of an imperfect facial model'. Look, if the so-called wolfish features had to go, why wouldn't they keep the white hair at least?This new dude with ponytail and leather pants looks more like a biker/rocker than a super-human monster slayer. Seriously, the minute the gets out of that dungeon I expect him to grab a machine gun and hop on a Harley. :DSince we're 3-6 months before the release, maybe it's not too late to petition for a revamped look that would resemble the original Geralt...

Demut said:
Demut said:
2. Bring some more characters from the books, like the famous child of destiny :p
Was that an example or a suggestion? Because if it was the latter I’d like to remind you of Alvin :
Alvin couldn't hold a light to the fable child of destiny. He and Triss stuck me as an extremely poor alternative to Ciri and Yennefer. He was extremely dumb. Somewhat of a luggage, to be honest.
Demut said:
Demut said:
So you didn't like this effect in TW1? Because it was definitely in that game.
A motion blur is different from a trail. The trail of blood effect in TW1 was realistic. The motion trails might've looked cool, but were not realistic.And I don't get the "crystal fall out" reference.... Explain please?

stanpapusa said:
A couple of months ago when the first TW2 videos were leaked, I made a comment which I will copy/paste almost verbatim:" [..] it's a little too gloomy and harsh for my taste. I hope the Witcher 2 universe won't be like this, at least not entirely. There was a surreal serenity and picturesque in Witcher 1 which made it a very pleasant gaming experience (lakeside, outskirts, Druid Groove) and contrasted very well with darker elements of the story (swamp, Chapter V)."All videos I've seen since then only confirm my worries. Speaking of bleakness, there's also a touch of Oblivion and Dragon Age, which is a pity IMHO since Witcher 1 had a life (and a personality) of its own and there was no need to borrow from those titles. Again, I hope I'm all wrong since I've only seen the tip of the iceberg. Then there's also Geralt's new look, probably the most debated and controversial element. I know the issue it's pretty much settled now, and the developers justified themselves by saying sometyhing like ' the perceived wolfish features of Geralt were in reality the by-product of an imperfect facial model'. Look, if the so-called wolfish features had to go, why wouldn't they keep the white hair at least?This new dude with ponytail and leather pants looks more like a biker/rocker than a super-human monster slayer. Seriously, the minute the gets out of that dungeon I expect him to grab a machine gun and hop on a Harley. :DSince we're 3-6 months before the release, maybe it's not too late to petition for a revamped look that would resemble the original Geralt...
Interesting. I thought they have preserved much of the spirit and feel of the original Witcher, Geralt included. He still reminds me of a medevial James Bond, which is kinda how I saw the first one. The suit he wears in TW2 seems to reflect this.I also want to say again that something is missing from the sword combat and I think its graphical blurring or trailers or whatever you want to call it, but TW1 nailed this aspect.

I wish TW2 will be a brilliant game, and god, it sure looks like one.Say RED, if this goes really well, how about The Dark Tower series eh? :)

I wish they would do something with Geralt's eyes. I can't quite figure out what is wrong with them - they're too big or not deep-set enough. Or maybe it's his eyebrows that aren't angled enough. I'm quite happy with the rest of his look,but maybe his scar needs to be deeper too. I also hope they haven't changed his height. I thought it was cool how he would be looking up at this enemy towering above him, then cut it down in a few swift moves. Geralt was shorter than almost every enemy in the first game, yet so much more powerful.

Top Bottom