The Witcher 2 wishlist

+
Demut said:
Well, alright, but this still doesn’t change the fact that your statement “You can't run TW1 without Steam.” (which includes other versions besides the one you can download via Steam as well) is wrong ;B
Sure, go ahead, nibble at me because you feel like it.[quote author="Conversation"]"There will be no Steam either if I’m not completely mistaken. Thank God for that.""I don't know what you mean by that.TW2 has been available for pre-order on Steam for a few weeks.""No steamworks though. It's not one of those games that forces you to run it through Steam once you buy it. ""Well, that's nice.You can't run TW1 without Steam."[/QUOTE]This implies as clear as daylight that I'm talking about the STEAM version of The Witcher.If you don't really care what I have to say and don't feel like reading carefully, why even bother responding ?

Thaavain said:
Thaavain said:
Well, alright, but this still doesn’t change the fact that your statement “You can't run TW1 without Steam.” (which includes other versions besides the one you can download via Steam as well) is wrong ;B
Sure, go ahead, nibble at me because you feel like it.[quote author="Conversation"]"There will be no Steam either if I’m not completely mistaken. Thank God for that.""I don't know what you mean by that.TW2 has been available for pre-order on Steam for a few weeks.""No steamworks though. It's not one of those games that forces you to run it through Steam once you buy it. ""Well, that's nice.You can't run TW1 without Steam."
This implies as clear as daylight that I'm talking about the STEAM version of The Witcher.If you don't really care what I have to say and don't feel like reading carefully, why even bother responding ?[/QUOTE]

Demut said:
But you’re not solely fistfighting in pubs. And there it would be indeed strange for your opponent to challenge you. Because no human should be able to compete with Geralt’s superhuman strength and reflexes by means of technique alone, right?
Demut said:
Furthermore, few people have ever met a wicher and even fewer seen them in action. They're mostly known from old tales [..], villagers mention them to scare little children [..] and when they're around they don't meddle in the affairs of men. So it is possible that they're often considered as charlatans or just exterminators of particularly big rats, meaning they really don't impress or intimidate people that much with their presence - untill they're seen in action that is.
Same argument applies to both armed and unarmed combat. You have to have the occasional bully/idiot who will mess with a witcher, either due to overconfidence (champion of the village), ignorance (see yayodeanno's post), motivation, or necessity (poor souls that have been tasked to defend an item with their lives). Otherwise TW1 & 2 would very rapidly become a non-combat game: only guys like Azar Javed or Jacques de Aldersberg would dare to cross Geralt (or other witchers, powerful mages, etc).In taverns the chances are even higher not only due to alcohol; lack of weapons, armor and 'witcher tricks' (signs, potions) gives the match a sense of fair play, so local bullies might think "heck, without that witchers arsenal I can take this guy in no time".

CountD said:
Um... Yennefer? I mean, will she finally come back? Or will be at least any mention of her? She's a major character, and shouldn't be just dropped in favor of Triss.
If Geralt is alive, there is no real reason to think Yen isn't..At least I think so.

My wishlist, I hope it isn't too late.I hope TW2 will keep a similar inventory system, all the ingredient gathering for alchemy and the backpack to hold them. I’m totally crazy about doing alchemy in The Witcher and taking my time gathering ingredients. I even wanna to deliver a suggestion. You guys could really add rare ingredients, the kind of those that only grow in special hidden or hard to reach places like the top of mountains, or in riverbeds, etc, to prepare rare and powerful unique potions with a more devastating power. But they shouldn’t be easy to come by. Make in a way that only players that really explore the game's world can find ‘em. That will bring a greater sense of achievement for the players and also add a greater meaning of exploration for the game. Also, it’d be really important to add a whole set of unique armor/sword. Let’s say a legendary armor and sword that would not be easy to come by as well. Only through multiple play-throughs players would be able to figure how to create those. That would be awesome !Also I have a suggestion about the potion De Vries' Extract from The Witcher 1. It could be created special occasions on The Witcher 2 where using De Vries' Extract would allow the players to contact creatures not seen by the naked eyes, to get special information, special items, quest items, etc.Thanks !

Without prejudice.Mouse Travel:Long-term repetitive herb gathering by clicking the "pick up all" button may cause mouse travelling off the mouse pad if the button is a long way from the default cursor location.People can be predictable, so maybe you can have some type of learning by the game to change the default cursor location for different actions.An inventory pick-up action would look at if the player is selective, or a "pick-up all" player at that time. Even the few exceptions are predictable [big grin]. Exceptions cause excitement, so the mouse travel irritation would very likely be ignored in those cases.

Agreed, it wasn't a very useful potion... And adding more rare ingredients which are hidden around the world and can be used in powerful potions would tempt people to explore more, and become a better Witcher. Would be great..

maybe powerful mutagens can be obtained from rare plants as well, ones you might encounter only once in-game. You don't always have to kill a special monster when you need an upgrade. Maybe you can simply walk up to a plant and pluck a flower or something..

I'd like to extend that idea of rare plants. I always hated running through the fields gathering ingredients. So maybe they could remove most of it and instead hide some limited herbs and finding those will reward you with powerful potions. The basic potions should either be looted or created by material you can get in the store or from crates etc.. or at least let me create more potions from a single plant, so it's not necessary to harvest the whole map.

It's not really necessary to strip-mine...or rather strip-pluck an entire field bare. Do we really need to use all of what we pluck? I bet, for example, you can harvest ten times the amount of white myrtle in the game than you need to use , ever.

onkl said:
let me create more potions from a single plant, so it's not necessary to harvest the whole map.
Minor tweaks like this are what mods are for. There are two mods that will give you more herbs per plant; one here and one here.

I agree with all your points, ESPECIALLY with the last one, although I would broaden it a bit. No hordes of monsters! It contradicts the lore and it gets boring very quickly. The Witcher is no Diablo
An excellent point the endless hordes of enemies got boring quick. Good players massacred monster hordes but bad players got overwhelmed by them such as with the drowners. Good players found killing the hordes to be unfullfilling and bad players found getting overwhelmed by them to be frustrating. I want to see fewer more challenging monsters with better A I. I also want to see alchemy play a much greater role. The fights need to require more thought to achieve victory not just point and click.

My vote is for combat being harder.We are being told that in TW2 combat is gonna get harder on higher*** difficulty levels - alchemy and proper preparation are gonna be crucial. Don't have reason to doubt that.*** On low you could still simply smash the buttons and don't care about swords, preparations, alchemy etc. - not everybody wants combat to be a challenge, right? ;)If talking about TW1, that goal could be achieved by installing Full Combat Reballance mod. Tried it?

Top Bottom