The Witcher 2 wishlist

+
Corylea said:
I think somebody asked this already, and they said we couldn't revisit areas from previous chapters, but there would be plenty to explore in the current one.
Nooo D:
Corylea said:
Curb DX9 support, you WinXP users are holding PC gaming back.
Ah, sorry that some of us don’t want to spend over one hundred dollar for an OS that spies on you (Windows Genuine Advantage), can’t run many old games and then even spend additional money for more RAM. If Windows hadn’t monopolized gaming on the PC then I wouldn’t be using any of its DRM-infested crap in the first place.

-make cut scene finishing moves optional.-make COD blood screen optional.-make an interface that is truly designed for PC.:) I know the rest of the game will be solid. These are my only concerns.

slimgrin said:
-make cut scene finishing moves optional.-make COD blood screen optional.-make an interface that is truly designed for PC.:) I know the rest of the game will be solid. These are my only concerns.
this

I have one simple request:Do the game right.This includes postponing if it still needs work, not having the released copy essentially be a large scale beta we the consumer have to pay for, immerse us in this world, give us deep characters who we care about, basically make this experience like reading a good book.The first Witcher is in my top 3 favorite RPGs that were only beaten by FF2 and Planescape: Torment, and I WANT to have this at least join in my top 5. Your company is growing a good reputation with this series. Please don't pull a bioware and shit on a plate expecting us to call it Kobe beef and Caviar.Sorry if it seems jaded but with the all the crap being made it is hard to keep positive.

Scromaster said:
Please don't pull a bioware and ****** on a plate expecting us to call it Kobe beef and Caviar.Sorry if it seems jaded but with the all the crap being made it is hard to keep positive.
CDPR wasn't just bought by EA. That should make a BIG difference.

Why doesn't CD Project sell us witcher medallions (outside of the collectors edition).I see a lot of potential for merchandise in TW series, and I don't understand why CDRP doesn't use this opportunity.

My personal Witcher 2 Wishlist:1) Good controller support.2) More controversial/mature/adult content.3) Beautiful graphics.4) Provide a great story in a reasonably concise manner. See below for details on this.***5) Steam cloud.6) Steam achievements.The two Steam features would be great as long as it doesn't cost anything for them. I think they're great as long as it doesn't detract from game resources for the more important things like game content. They're basically icing on the cake.Controversial content.... i.e. mature/adult oriented game content... nudity, sex, drug use, interpersonal relationships among characters in the game, etc. Basically, I'm interested in seeing games that have expanded horizons. So many games these days seem so formulaic since they never touch on any of these semi-taboo subjects. I'm all for having these kinds of things in a game world to spice things up, add some variety, make the world seem more realistic, and also to give story-writers new tools to use in the story development process.***When I talk about RPGs that have a good balance of story, excitement, action, and dialog, my ideal game is basically just like Mass Effect 2. Essentially, I like a great story, but I also feel like it should be delivered in a reasonably concise manner and spiced up with exciting combat. Please DO NOT take a 30-hour game and stretch it out into a 90-hour game experience because it consumes huge amounts of time to listen to dialog that is only tangentially related to the main plot and that could be considered relatively uninteresting. And please DO NOT make a large portion of the game consist of just time consumed running across huge distances on foot from one area to the next. (If you absolutely must include big areas like this that I have to travel across, give me a horse or something to speed things up, or some kind of "fast-travel" option.)Overall, wishes 1-4 are most important to me. Wishes 5 and 6 are just icing on the cake, as I said earlier.

temps said:
My personal Witcher 2 Wishlist:1) Good controller support.2) More controversial/mature/adult content.3) Beautiful graphics.4) Provide a great story in a reasonably concise manner. See below for details on this.***5) Steam cloud.6) Steam achievements.
1 - Already confirmed3 - Look at screenshots and videos and you'll see that your wish has been granted5 and 6 - If I recall correctly, the Steam version will have achievements/cloud saving.
temps said:
temps said:
Curb DX9 support, you WinXP users are holding PC gaming back.
Ah, sorry that some of us don’t want to spend over one hundred dollar for an OS that spies on you (Windows Genuine Advantage), can’t run many old games and then even spend additional money for more RAM. If Windows hadn’t monopolized gaming on the PC then I wouldn’t be using any of its DRM-infested crap in the first place.
WGA is present on Windows XP and I don't see why you'd have a problem with it, unless...Oh and you don't wan't to buy more ram/have a more modern system? Don't expect to play The Witcher 2 decently then.

Oh? I can’t have a modern system with 2GB RAM?I am pretty sure that TW2 won’t need more than that if you’ve got a good processor and a good graphic card. Unless you are running an OS which alone already swallows up more than 1GB RAM. But yeah, show me a third-person game that has more than 2GB RAM as recommended system requirements for XP users.

Demut said:
Oh? I can’t have a modern system with 2GB RAM?I am pretty sure that TW2 won’t need more than that if you’ve got a good processor and a good graphic card. Unless you are running an OS which alone already swallows up more than 1GB RAM. But yeah, show me a third-person game that has more than 2GB RAM as recommended system requirements for XP users.
GTAIV and its expansion Episodes from Liberty City. Not only do you need a lot of RAM to play GTAIV and its generation of GTA games, but you ALSO need a significant amount of video card memory or w/e. My specs (and I still can't max it):AMD Phenom II X6 @ 2.8 GHzATi 5770 1GB1TB HD6GB DDR3W7 64bitAlso, keep in mind GTAIV is a 2007 era game. We're talking about a game and an engine that is 4 years old. While it may be considered a demanding title, it is also showing some age already. I sincerely doubt you could run it reasonably well with 2GB RAM. I have another PC with 4GB DDR2 1066 ram, an NVIDIA 9600 GT 512mb, and an AMD Phenom X4 BE 9850 @ 2.5 ghz, and that system has even more issues with running GTAIV and required turning settings down considerably to get it to run properly.That being said, I doubt you could run it nicely on only 2gb RAM. And again, its a 4 year old game I'm talking about.

My wishlist will be without any technical matters, because I´ll make peace with almost anything, not to mention that I´m not very familiar with this topic. So basicaly, all I want and expect from The Witcher 2 is a long, complex and interesting story where there won´t be any easy choices and the line between good or bad. Great grahics is already accoplished for me, according to the videos and screenshots so I´m not worried about that, and I´m very curious about all interactions among characters and their own personal stories or problems which I hope there will be revealed and involved.

temps said:
GTAIV and its expansion Episodes from Liberty City. Not only do you need a lot of RAM to play GTAIV and its generation of GTA games, but you ALSO need a significant amount of video card memory or w/e. My specs (and I still can't max it):AMD Phenom II X6 @ 2.8 GHzATi 5770 1GB1TB HD6GB DDR3W7 64bitAlso, keep in mind GTAIV is a 2007 era game. We're talking about a game and an engine that is 4 years old. While it may be considered a demanding title, it is also showing some age already. I sincerely doubt you could run it reasonably well with 2GB RAM. I have another PC with 4GB DDR2 1066 ram, an NVIDIA 9600 GT 512mb, and an AMD Phenom X4 BE 9850 @ 2.5 ghz, and that system has even more issues with running GTAIV and required turning settings down considerably to get it to run properly.That being said, I doubt you could run it nicely on only 2gb RAM. And again, its a 4 year old game I'm talking about.
If you have a decent cooling solution try overclocking your CPU because GTA IV uses it heavily.
temps said:
I suppose we have very different definitions of "modern", would you mind posting the rest of your specs?And I'm pretty sure TW2 will use a lot of RAM and VRAM because of all the delicious high-res textures.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Please don't pull a bioware and ****** on a plate expecting us to call it Kobe beef and Caviar.Sorry if it seems jaded but with the all the crap being made it is hard to keep positive.
CDPR wasn't just bought by EA. That should make a BIG difference.
Why all the EA hate? EA seems to have made some pretty high quality games lately IMO (or at least of the ones I've played... that is to say, Bioware games.) The entire Mass Effect series (so far anyways) is superb. Dragon Age: Origins was decently good, albeit maybe a bit long and drawn out. Tbh if anything, I am less happy with Atari. CDProjekt is great... I liked TW1. However Atari really messed up on NWN2. There was a very obvious and enormous drop in the quality of NWN2 as soon as it was being produced by Atari/Obsidian rather than Atari/Bioware as the original had been.Then, Bioware goes to work for EA and continues making awesome stuff like the Mass Effect series and Dragon Age: Origins. I've seen nothing but great things come from Bioware so far, and that hasn't changed since they've been working with EA as near as I can tell. Plus, EA seems to have listened to gamers upset over the inclusion of SecuROM in a lot of their games on Steam and had it removed (provided the developers give consent for that.. and some such as Crytek didn't, but many did, which seems nice). Mass Effect, Red Alert 3, and Spore are all great examples.

slimgrin said:
Temps.....WTF are you smoking?Please, let's keep EA and like minded ilk as far away from CD red as possible.
Not saying I love EA or anything, just saying Bioware makes high quality stuff. Regardless of EA, I'm enthusiastically supportive of Bioware. Especially when it comes to Mass Effect. I had to stand up for Bioware since for some unknown reason, some seem to want to trash talk them all of a sudden.

Bioware is EA. Their current direction is not just at EA's behest; it's what they truly want to do. EA isn't forcing them to do anything. And one could argue at this point that Bioware has become the gateway RPG for more hardcore or immersive stuff like The Witcher. It certainly was for me. Doesn't mean they make bad games, but let's put things in perspective here.

Top Bottom