It wont. Only the potions you have "equipped" will refill, you decide which two to refill by equipping them in your potion slots.And why does potion G always refill though I will never use it? Why can't I decide what ingredients to gather or buy and what potions to brew instead of it refilling FOR ME all the time?
- All they've said is that it is "harder to get a potion" relative to the first two games, that does not mean that every potion will require hours of ingredient gathering to complete.Here are the facts stated:
- You have to collect ingredients for the first time of brewing a potion
- Potions will require more material than in previous games
- Ingredients are hard to find
- Potions will auto-refill during meditation after you brew them one time if you have the base alcohol in your inventory
- There is no option to NOT auto-refill the potions during meditation and just gather the ingredients
How does that sound to you? I tell you how it sounds to me:
- It will take long to gather the ingredients for one potion. You probably have to travel a lot and go to certain locations, maybe ask people out (something like mini-quests)
- Once I got the potion I have it forever basically. That does eliminate any interactive or tactical aspect from potions
- After I collected all potions and their upgrades I will never have to do anything, I will just have to meditate and the potions will all be available in my inventory for myself to choose from
- You will have to choose which two potions you have equipped at a given time. You will have to balance the frequency of their use against whatever passive toxicity you have from mutagens. Also, you only have 3 uses of each during an encounter so you have to be smart not to waste them. The tactical use of potions is arguably better than ever.