Votes: 270 26.2%
  • I need to see it in action to be sure

Votes: 294 28.6%
  • I prefer the system of TW1

Votes: 363 35.3%
  • I prefer the system of TW2

Votes: 104 10.1%

• Total voters
Gosh, I hope that Konrad Tomaszkiewicz and other RED guys aren't disappointed too much because of our reaction

Nope i don t think so... its not a complete bad idea at all ... but of course it got rejected by most of the gamers.
CDPR still had the chance to keep this feature as "simplified Alchemy" for better focus on story ... satisfy casual demands

Also wrote that we hardcore looters still can get our search around for ingredients and TW1 alchemy selfbrewing system
under a option called "complex Alchemy" ;) am i right?

We all know CDPR is listen to the fanbase... not like other developers ;)

Nope i don t think so... its not a complete bad idea at all ... but of course it got rejected by most of the gamers.
CDPR still had the chance to keep this feature as "simplified Alchemy" for better focus on story ... satisfy casual demands

Also wrote that we hardcore looters still can get our search around for ingredients and TW1 alchemy selfbrewing system
under a option called "complex Alchemy" ;) am i right?

We all know CDPR is listen to the fanbase... not like other developers ;)

But this option called "complex Alchemy" is only a your idea or is it confirmed?

Make a single potion contain more than one gulp. A lot of games had that - Diablo series, more recently Path of Exile has it... all pure action titles, and they still have more complexity in that particular aspect! Tie amount of gulps to level of difficulty. Make gulps effectively infinite on lower difficulty, and limit them on higher. Once mutagen (=the high tox, high yield pot from boss-level ingreds) is fully depleted, it's gone, forever. And return normal celandine, bryonia etc. for regular pots.

There's a ton more ways to do it, of course. Remember the idea to use a coil-pipe+distiller etc., a full-fledged alchemy lab station, tentatively teased back before W2? it's a good thing that CDPR used public presentations once more to look for gamers' opinions... Perhaps they'll listen to us once more :)

Gosh, I hope that Konrad Tomaszkiewicz and other RED guys aren't disappointed too much because of our reaction :)

Why? The auto-refill system they've come up with is just crap and it's better to realize it now than later, after the game is released. Now they have still 8 months to come up with a better idea/system.

They are professionals and I guess that many systems get changed internally quite often. That's business as usual in the gaming industy and shouldn't cause too much disappointment.

First game got alchemy right, copy that, don't need a complex new system when you've allready hit upon the winning formula.

Precisely! And if they haaaave to simplify it, then just remove the alcohol requirement (although I would prefer to keep that as well)

With the refilling potions system, I imagine that alchemy would be completely abandoned within the first ten hours of the game, and people who didn't use potions in previous games, probably won't even bother with upgrading and unlocking new potions anyway.

If you want to make potions more appealing, make their effects more substantial!

Only way i'll accept a refilling potion system is if they've got a Fremen water reclamation suit from Dune.

Dune game.

I wouldn't say no.

Make a single potion contain more than one gulp. A lot of games had that - Diablo series, more recently Path of Exile has it... all pure action titles, and they still have more complexity in that particular aspect! Tie amount of gulps to level of difficulty. Make gulps effectively infinite on lower difficulty, and limit them on higher. Once mutagen (=the high tox, high yield pot from boss-level ingreds) is fully depleted, it's gone, forever. And return normal celandine, bryonia etc. for regular pots.

That's an acceptable compromise

Anything that takes away the reason to explore this huge world of theirs is basically shooting yourself in the foot. With this gone, why would I bother explore woodlands or generally wild, uninhabited regions
You are appealing to a false correlation here. Having to craft one kind ofpotion just once in NO way necessarily implies that there would be no reasons to explore.

If anything, as I said, if they are clever they could take the chance to make all the reagents to craft one specific kind of potion far more rare and interesting to gather.

Let me elaborate a bit on this point: since there would be no need to offer to the player a constant flow of some kind of reagents, they could make some of them -the ones for the most powerful/interesting/exotic potions- some sort of unique reward tied to an optional subquest or hunt, for instance, instead of having lootable plants every few meters across the entire game world.

As I said in another thread (which wasn't exactly related to this topic, if not in a marginal, incidental way) I wasn't exactly fond of the loot system in TW2, since it mixed an overabundance of "lootable" spots with a craft system that *strongly* encouraged the player to pick up whatever he found on his way, because he was most likely going to need EVERYTHING.

I would honestly prefer to hunt down half a dozen of unique, rare ingredients rather than picking up wood planks, twine and oil at every goddamn corner.

Last edited:
How does this system work exactly?I just understood that you can release the effect of potions whenever you want...but when you release them the counter starts and it cannot be stopped...but you can activate it when you want...i don't find that bad at all...

Top Bottom