The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

mods please lock this if you feel the need, but after browsing this forum for the last year I just wanted to thank most of the consistent posters who have fed my hype and have knowledgeably discussed all things witcher it's been a hell of a ride. Obviously a huge thank you to CDPR I've yet to play but I am 100% sire this game will be one of the best ever, also if like to thank the mods, I know some have been critical of your moderating but I for one have appreciated not having the game spoiled, and not having to scroll through pages of arguments all the time!

So there it is thanks to everyone who's answered all my queries, posted links, dug up tiny morsels of info to share with us all you are all awesome!

Enjoy the weekend everything changes from next week, I look forward to discussing it with you all!

I was a regular forum stalker here for a while, being a little shy and stupid :) and not posting at all, however i just logged my GOG account here, just to say..

Thank you CDPR for everything, this is turning out to be one of the best games EVER!

I have 2 weeks off just for this game, i cant wait! The last Trailer got me hyped up!

I know The Witcher 3 will be an amazing EPIC journey, probably the best that I will ever experience as long time gamer, but I won't say my thanks just now. I want to get the game first, experience it and then come back here and thank CDPR with "over 9000" level of excitment and appreciation.

Inb4lock.

Oh, wait. I'm a mod. Never mind.

Always surprising.

We wouldn't lock the thread - I don't think it's breaking any rules, nor would it amuse me to do so.

Actually, the reasons we lock are all in the Rules - and sometimes the FAQ - but can best be summed up as "Try not to upset others, even if it makes you feel better. Try to post things that make the forums a better and more interesting place to visit."

Also something about being on-topic, but, come on, who really pays attention to that?!

Actually, as mods, we're always grateful for the many, many, MANY of you who don't cause problems or vent angrily into our community space, (more than the understandable couple of times, anyway). For every problem we handle, there are a hundred posters who make it worthwhile to stick around here.

You make up by far the majority of posters and make moderating here a pleasure as much as a chore.

Excelsior, as someone said a few times.

Uggh, that was sickly-sweet nice of me. Time to find someone to punish! @blank_redge! Where art thou?!

You know what, I absolutely love the franchise, and I actually cancelled/gave up my CE order from GameStop the other day. I have decided to purchase it tomorrow on GOG in direct support of them. While I preordered it 11 months ago I let go of it, and I hope someone else who is passionate about the franchise will get the item. :D

I am quite the advocate/go to guy for Witcher related things in my gaming group, and I fully support and am really thankful for the game as I have spent countless hours on TW2 reliving the adventure again and again in an absolutely awe-inspiring digital world. Currently trying to get as many people as I can to take advantage of the sale on GOG.

Thank you CDPR for all of your hard work and passionate dedication. You will forever inspire me.

Uggh, that was sickly-sweet nice of me. Time to find someone to punish! @blank_redge! Where art thou?!

Too many thanks, old chap: they're starting to get to you. We'll beat the brush, and see if we can't startle something for you to bang away at!

Guest 3753371

Woodstock.

PS: Don't do drugs. Not that much (you are doing right now) at least. Gods, is the world sick these days...

Witcher 2 introduced me to the witcher universe. And oh boy its good. It hit me like STAR WARS when i was 7 or 8. I still remember the first time i saw episode IV.
So thank u CDPR for this. This has actually got me to reading.. i mean books with no pictures:) U have only chanced my life to better. U really are a cool company and are big part why i got my passion for gamin back.

I remember reading an article on my games magazine back in 2005 or 2006 about this "Witcher" game..I've always caught up an interest in it because it gave me Gothic vibes (the game being one of my favorite open world RPG's that I've played numerous times).

So lo and behold the release date in 2007 and I was immediately drawn to the atmosphere, dark and mature world and it never let me go. I played the game few times to see what my decisions would bring and change the story. I really enjoyed the choice & consequence system and that I didn't get immediate answer to my decisions until the end of the chapter (unlike other games I've played that have had dark or light choices)..this goes double for Witcher 2 and it seems to be even better in Witcher 3 from the things I've read (reviews and other sites).

I've watched enough footage of Witcher 3 (over 5+ hours in videos & live streams) to know that ever since I finished my first playthrough of Witcher 2 I knew for a fact that Witcher 3 was going to be real(I just "felt" that it wasn't going to end like that especially after the information we get at the end of the game regarding a certain someone). I actually went to the forums back then and thanked you (CDPR) for delivering me such a great experience.

Reading the books way later because I didn't know they were fan translated...even after finishing the game 8 + times before then has really opened my eyes even better to the universe of the witcher..I consider them even better than Game of Thrones (in my opinion)..the way of storytelling by Sapkowski is fascinating.

Replaying the Witcher 2 again for the 9th time with all the knowledge gained from all the 7 books that I've read is simply a thing to behold and experience by yourself and I cannot wait to see Yennefer , Ciri and many other characters that will make an appeareance in Witcher 3.

I will do so now preemptively because I have faith that you will deliver me and many others the game we have been looking forward to playing that will end Geralt's saga. It will take me "a bit" to finish Witcher 3 to completion on the hardest difficulty, but once I do..I will do again what I did for Witcher 2 and give my full thoughts on it on this forum.

So THANK YOU CDPR & everyone else who has been involved into creating this fantastic franchise for all your hardwork!

i also would like to say thanks =D .. and i look forward to witcher 4 =D ( i know its soon but i do already XD ) i know there are aloot of trolls out there complaining and so on and unfortnatly some people fall for that =( . but be assured that most people realy appriciate this game and look forward to play it. and a good portion of trust has been build up over the last years with both witcher 1 and 2. ahh i still remeber witcher 1 .. what a wonderfull story .. but i totaly disliked the combad system .. so sad thats the only reason i cant finish the w1 becouse i cant stand the combat system ='( i know there are also aloot of pirats out there and i hope they will be like me back in the day with witcher 1. i first pirated becouse i was very sceptical about it but soon after i bought it even tho i disliked the combat system ..( i actully bought 4 copies of it .. one on steam , on on gog and one normal version and the enhanced versio XD HAHA ) and i own 2 copies of the witcher 2 and 2 of witcher 3 ( one on gog and one on steam XD ) so have a nice beer after the release and party a bit ^^

Thanks for what? None of us have played it yet.
we dont need to =P old fans like me appriciate them even making it and all the hard work that goes in to it. its not an easy task and over the years the dev and company has shown us they appriciat making games and pleasing us gamers/ fans the best way they can do at this time =)

we dont need to =P old fans like me appriciate them even making it and all the hard work that goes in to it. its not an easy task and over the years the dev and company has shown us they appriciat making games and pleasing us gamers/ fans the best way they can do at this time =)

I don't blindly follow anything, so I'll reserve my judgment until I have actually played it, and not heap on praise with absolutely no personal experience of the product.

Last edited:
I don't suffer fools-gladly, so I'll reserve my judgment until I have actually played it, and not heap on praise with absolutely no personal experience of the product.
you may do as you wish =) and i do as i wish ^^ . i think always saying thank you as a good thing for devs. appritiation gives boost in moral, and with good moral games get better =)

I remember seeing a The Witcher 1 Box on a storeshelf years ago, and being intrigued, ended up not buying it at the time.

Then I found Witcher 2 and started playing that to prepare for Witcher 3. Towards the end of W2 I found myself thinking 'This is one of the best RPGs I've ever played' (indeed one of the best games ever imo). Started and finished The Last Wish and reading Blood of Elves now. Started playing Witcher 1 and I get goosebumps from the atmosphere and music in that game. Found myself really liking the whole Witcher universe!

Thanks for everything CDPR!

yeah i got alot of love for cd projekt, it fking pisses me of to see how ungreatfull people are, i know there in it to make money, but they are also one of the best game devs out there that care about there fans, just look at there drm and dlc policys, no one forced them to do that, they could of been like ubisoft and all the other devs, cd projekt are a very rare breed of game devs

They are getting paid you know. That's the 'appreciation' that actually matters. And again, I will not be blindly heaping on praise.

Top Bottom