The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has worked on this wonderful game. Just finished it five minutes ago after around 110 hours played and it was the greatest gaming experience of my life to go through this game, experiencing what it had to offer. I'm not one for long statements, so I'll leave it like this. Thank you again for this labour of love that you've created.

I finished my first The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt play-through. The game deserves a high spot on my top 5 list of the best games of all time.

I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm sure I'll be repeating what others have already praised. Regardless, I still have to say thanks. I'm an old gamer, 47 to be precise. I've played a lot of excellent games, including many of the ground breakers that it seems every game today borrows from. With all that in mind, for me the Witcher 3 has raised literally every bar set by prior RPG's that there is to raise. It surpassed my expectations and has made it more difficult for any other developer who wants to create "the best RPG" to reach that standard. I know that after all the DLC is released and the game is patched up to a highly polished state that we'll be looking at a GOTY Edition that will go down in the annals as one of the best games ever made. I'm excited to see CDPR recieve some of the recognition and sales records that their hard work deserves, and I'm looking forward to what they do in the future. Thanks for bringing this incredible world to life and doing it justice.

Ah I'd say 200 hrs is an exaggeration. Finished the game with less than 70 hours, did most of the contracts, all secondary quest concerning major characters and end up with full master-crafted witcher gear, plus I like banging my heads against monsters 10 lvl higher. I'd say 100 hrs is enough to eliminate all question marks.
But yeah it is the best game I ever played. Now that I finished the game and I am sucker enough to wear off my limbo on the forum lol.
lvl 31 and just set off to ambush Eredin. just hit 175 hours with many "?" still in Skellige and all gwent missions in the game still open.
200 hours is easily reached.

it took me a couple months and 2 added expansions to hit 150 hours in Skyrim so i'd say this is an awesome amount of content in Wild Hunt and definitely engrossing enough to keep me playing. has easily slid into my top 10 games ever out of my 30 years of gaming. am already looking forward to another play through but will try to get back to my other unfinished games first.

Last edited:
This game is the only game that has made me care about the fate of random NPCs. Most games leave me with the attitude of a sociopath who relishes the death of every AI character because they talk too much and don't add anything of substance to the game (most notably was my only play-session of Dragon Age 2 - your brother (or something - don't even remember who he was, just that he was a loved one and VERY ANNOYING) died on the first five minutes of the game and my actual reaction was "dude you suck I'm glad you died").

Witcher 3, however, is polar opposite. I haven't done a single boring quest to date, and have over 70 hours of play time. Plus the grey morality that blankets the world is amazing too - I've chosen both sides in a quest and felt like crap doing each of them. The fact that there's no clear right/wrong in the game is amazing to me.

So thanks CDPR. This has become my favourite game to date. It's also becoming my measuring stick for every other game I play, at least in regards to story-telling, which I suppose is also a problem for me because everything else falls short. Oh well. I've still got like 100+ of content, and then I guess my life will be complete and I can die a happy panda.

Thank you CDPR. Even with some flaws that bring down a little (IE lack of Triss content) this game is still probably my favourite game ever! The sheer volume and quality of content and the writing in this game are unmatched!

When i first bought the Witcher 1 made by this company i never heard of i really didn't know what to expect, but i was marveled with the amazing game you had created and how good the story was. After i had finished i was left hoping for more. And you didn't disappoint with Witcher 2 and now this epic Witcher 3.
This game is truly one of the best games i've ever played and it set the bar really high for any RPG that follows. Sure it has it's flaws but some of them actually only show how good the game is, namely the post-credits game. The fact that the game somewhat feels dead once certain npcs are gone only shows how much of an emotional connection one forges with the other characters which is something that, at least to me, didn't happen in most games released in the past few years.
In an age where most companies are out to milk as much money as possible from their customers with a couple of hours of gameplay worth dlcs sold at ridiculous prices, games that can be completed in some 10-20 hours, you created a living world that lasts for hundreds of hours of gameplay in 3 huge open world areas where you can lose yourself in, is truly something praiseworthy. Also that little note inside the game box really put a smile on my face. It's always nice to feel appretiated as a customer.
I wish the Wild Hunt actually had a more active role in the game but that's another matter entirely.
Here's hoping you keep making great RPG's for years to come. A big thank you to everyone who made this game possible, from a fan who would like to see more Geralt of Rivia (even though that's very doubtful).

I am just here to show my appreciation. I am a huge fan of The Witcher series since the first instalment. I was looking with enormous anticipation to this game and I have not been disappointed so far.

Some minor performance issues (which I hope will be soon corrected) cannot cloud the fact that this game is the best I have played in a very long time. Amazing story (even the silliest side quest is marvelously crafted), real choice that affects the game world in a deep way, combat very very much improved from previous chapters, shockingly good graphics, a vibrant open world that really feels alive (I like Skyrim too, but that world simply cannot compare). Especially in this day and age, in which developers sell soulless games that last for 10 hours for 60 dollars, your work absolutely stands out.

Thank you and keep up the good work; you are amazing developers!

I wanted to also show my appreciation. The Witcher 3 is the first game I pre-ordered and I did it with the utmost confidence having followed the game for 3 years of its development.

Having played the Witcher 1 and 2 for several hours I knew the Witcher 3 was never ever going to be a disappointment.

It is such an amazing game and I am certain that it will be game of the year and rightly so. I was only disappointed when I finished the main storyline, that the epic adventure had finished. But I am far from finished with the game. Still have a bunch of things to do, and I will definitely play through the game again with my abilities focussed on signs.

I loved every minute of it.

I will definitely pre-order cyberpunk 2077! CDPR is the best. Poland all the way :victory:

Ya, this is a cool game. The game is huge the only thing I think it might be too big. For some reason all the choices I make end up with characters dieing and generally bad things happening. I've kind of accepted it and am bracing for the worst ending out of the available options. The landscape is great and the world truly looks epic. Congratz on making a great game. I like it, anyway.

Congrats on selling 4 million

Totally deserved, well done CDPR :) 80 or so hours in now and I have just found my way to Skelliage only to find there is another HUGE landmass to explore, take screenshots and find quests with, already picked up 10 or so quests in the first hour or so in the region... Amazing :) Also found the best forest so far in the game, the atmosphere there is incredible, near the druids (also one of the more amusing little quests appears here) I arrived there just as the sun was going down, talked to the druids, took some amazing screenshots, then watched as the sun went down and shadows filled the forest with naught but the haunting melody, owls hooting, and wind whistling through the tree's as company :) Then the wolves attacked.... ARGGHHHH!! This game marries everything into one masterpiece, sound, music, graphics, atmosphere and gameplay. I am indeed hooked, every moment I am not playing I urge to return and find something else new, there is always just one more quests to complete!

Last edited:
Finally, i finished my first run at 115 hours and returned to forums :)

Thank you CDPR as the game have met all the expectations i held for this game for years. I am satisfied in all the aspects ranging from music, quests, graphics, atmposhere to others i forgot to name. Bugs etc. happen, i dont need to mention them here as they were never game-breaking ones in my case.

I'll refrain myself from a second run until expansions come. I'm looking forward to them eagerly! (Ofc. to cyberpunk as well)

To CDPR, I've got to tell y'all this is one hell of a game you guy's and girl's made for us. I'm a big time FPS gamer with over 1800+ hours on Battlefield but I do dabble in RPG gaming a little. But this game has completely stopped my FPS gaming and I'm loving every foot step in this world.

So to all at CDPR, thank you for all the hard work.

TEX125

I do not kow what I can say that hasn't alraedy been said, but I try nevertheless.

W3 does has its bugs, & crushes, and some decsion I cannot agree with, like the XP leveling, but otherwise, its everything you dream of for an RPG, & some more.

Side quests that beat most main quests of games, & so much variations in the quests. Every Monster quest is unique, & interesting. Thats a big achievemnet considering the shear amount of quests.It can be so easy to go with the go A to kill monster, fetch an object, save someone, return for reward, that most RPG do, but W3 just blown all these away.

Not only is W3 a great game, even more important is, I beleive it will IMPROVE RPG genre as all future RPG games will have to be benchmarked by W3 superb quests, & developers can on long go 'lazy' with medicore fetch quests.

Witcher 3 has too many bugs, even for a video game, wrong loot system (scaling failure), and various others point make it just cant be really enjoyed.
Could have been alot better.

I'm an old-school gamer who has played Fallout 1 & 2, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, The Witcher 1 & 2, KOTOR, the entire Mass Effect series, Dragon Age: Origins, Skyrim and so on. I know my RPG's.

So when I say that the Witcher 3 has left me amazed, stunned and gobsmacked all at the same time I hope it carries the appropriate weight. I don't think I've experienced a game quite this epic, immersive, grand and coherent since the days of Baldur's Gate 2. What you've accomplished with your relatively small team is nothing short of extraordinary.

I'm not quite sure how you pulled it off to be honest, but somehow you did. I wish you the best of luck with creating more content for The Witcher 3, and also any future games you're planning.

In my GOG account I now have The Witcher 1, 2 and 3 plus the expansion pass. It's the least I can do to show my support.

Top Bottom