The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
CDPR,

I wanted to say something. Wasn't sure where to send to ensure someone reads it, but figure a forum is a good place.

Earlier this week a truly frightening nightmare was unleashed upon us. This nightmare is Arkham Knight. Now, you are probably wondering why I am mentioning AK in a CDPR Forum.

Well, I was one of those naysayers. I was one of the skeptical bandwagon pitch forkers screaming my fool head off about the whole downgrade nonsense. Within a couple days, you had patched some pretty cool stuff in, but even prior, upon actual release of the game, I was shocked at what an amazing undertaking, what an enamoring spectacle Witcher 3 really is. So I wanted to apologize, not because I badmouthed anyone in a forum, but because I was, like many others, throwing a fit over jack shit.

Witcher 3 is amazing. You all, as developers are so extremely talented, and most importantly, you REALLY FUCKING CARE about your audience.

I think this whole WB/Rocksteady/Iron Studios debacle really underscores both how we as consumers tend to take things for granted, and that most developers really don't have their thumb on the pulse of the PC gaming community. I saw before, when the game was released, but tenfold now, what the difference between dedicated, smaller, focused developers and monolithic, too big to fail, PR Con Artist publishers really is.

THANK YOU for releasing a wonderful, most memorable game. Devs like you work your asses off and it really shows.

Side note: I really don't intend this post to bash Rocksteady or Iron Galaxy. I imagine they did what they could for PC port but the wheels of juggernaut wouldn't let them stop to drink water.

So, in closing, Thanks for what you do, what you have done, and what you will surely continue to do for the gaming community.

Sincerely,

J

LOL. I suppose I have to thank CDPR too if this is the case. Didnt buy AK because I am too busy playing TW3. If it werent for TW3, I would probably be bitching about AK now :D

Thank you for this game

Devs, writers, artists...

You did an amazing job creating this game. It's magnificent. You nailed the morality and the storytelling is second to none. The ambiance in the environments is perfect, the grumbling of the peasants is music to my ears. I can't believe you pulled this off with such a small team and relatively small budget. You guys are ON POINT.

Thanks for 32 hours of perfect pc gaming already. And congratulations.

thank you cdprojktred

Just Finished the Game, Feeling Emotional - Thank you CDPR

Finding it hard to put into words, all that I am feeling atm. But I just wanted to say thank you to CDPR for creating an utter masterpiece. I have never laughed and cried before with a game but the series has had me so emotionally invested that I suppose it would have been impossible not to be moved.

This is not just a thank you for The Witcher 3, but a thank you for it all, from TW1 and beyond. For taking that gamble and for being different and going against the flow in your work ethics and how you act towards your fan base and making it work by not throwing in the towel when it didn't. And because of that, I think that in The Witcher series you have created, I have found the game series of my life.

I will always look back on this, and nothing will ever be as good again. Also, a huge thank you to Andrzej Sapkowski for creating this world. I would never have found it, without this game so they are very much one and the same for me.

I love you guys and I love The Witcher. Good luck on the path.

My Thoughts on The Witcher 3 (Please Read CDPR)

So I've just beaten the game for the 2nd time, this time on the hardest difficulty and I just wanted to say thank you to CDPR for creating such an incredible game. I haven't played any of the other games in the Witcher series, I saw an ad for the game before it came out and was instantly drawn to it from what I saw. The concept, the graphics, everything about it really made me want to play the game. I was not disappointed, quite the opposite, I'm still amazed at how satisfied I am with the game. Not even satisfied, I truly enjoyed this game more than I have with any other game. There's just so much to do in the game, which I love because there's many games that are this open world, sandbox type game but after the main story, you end up with a giant playground without so much as some monkey bars to play on. I'm still not bored with The Witcher 3 and I've beaten the game twice, the second time around doing much more side quests, treasure hunts, undiscovered locations, and witcher contracts before finishing the main story... And I'm still not bored and have plenty left to do. I mean it's truly incredible and I'm so, so impressed with CDPR. The amount of detail put into this game, all the content, all the DLCs coming out, the two expansions that are coming out later in the year... I just don't know how they've done all this, being a smaller studio without the stacks of cash that companies like Rockstar Games have. And on top of that, the support you guys have given is amazing as well. I've come to expect bad customer service when it comes to games, especially dealing with Rockstar's GTA V. It takes MONTHS to fix simple issues in GTA V and every time they "fix" something, another issue pops up and we have to wait another couple months for it to get fixed, only for more issues to pop up when they do that. The Witcher 3 has had some bugs (I've only had one real issue with it and it was fixed within a week but I've seen other people say they've had issues) and you guys seem to get on it as fast as possible and fix it. That's just not something I'm used to from game devs so I applaud you for doing such great work. I've seen people complaining about things on the forums, some getting really nasty, but if you look at it objectively, you guys are doing and have done a truly outstanding job and I'm so thankful to you for putting out and maintaining such a masterpiece. Best game I've ever played, honestly. Rich story, a massive amount of things to do, great customization, very fun combat.... I mean I'm just blown away with how good it is. Sorry this was so long but I just wanted to let CDPR know how much their game means to me, it's truly phenomenal. Thank you CDPR!

I absolutely agree and glad to see it made you happy :)

The game is simply the best thing that happened in 2015 and it has raised the bar for other developers to reach. As for CDPR they are the good guys of video gaming and going by the old books, that is releasing the game DRM free, quick patching the issues, listening to fan feedback and free DLC. I forgot those good things from developers long time ago but CDPR reminds us that there are still such guys left.

This game will get even better with expansions and REDKit. Happy Witchering ;)

I agree it is the best game I have ever played in 20 years, but I do wish we got some enhanced edition that would polish this diamond to perfection :)
Dijkstra/Saskia situation would be nice to see fixed (made a thread in spoiler forum about it), some bugs here and there, add some post-game content/polish..
Still, this game made me not want to play anything else because everything else is inferior, which is both awesome and terrible :)

So I've just beaten the game for the 2nd time, this time on the hardest difficulty and I just wanted to say thank you to CDPR for creating such an incredible game. I haven't played any of the other games in the Witcher series, I saw an ad for the game before it came out and was instantly drawn to it from what I saw. The concept, the graphics, everything about it really made me want to play the game. I was not disappointed, quite the opposite, I'm still amazed at how satisfied I am with the game. Not even satisfied, I truly enjoyed this game more than I have with any other game. There's just so much to do in the game, which I love because there's many games that are this open world, sandbox type game but after the main story, you end up with a giant playground without so much as some monkey bars to play on. I'm still not bored with The Witcher 3 and I've beaten the game twice, the second time around doing much more side quests, treasure hunts, undiscovered locations, and witcher contracts before finishing the main story... And I'm still not bored and have plenty left to do. I mean it's truly incredible and I'm so, so impressed with CDPR. The amount of detail put into this game, all the content, all the DLCs coming out, the two expansions that are coming out later in the year... I just don't know how they've done all this, being a smaller studio without the stacks of cash that companies like Rockstar Games have. And on top of that, the support you guys have given is amazing as well. I've come to expect bad customer service when it comes to games, especially dealing with Rockstar's GTA V. It takes MONTHS to fix simple issues in GTA V and every time they "fix" something, another issue pops up and we have to wait another couple months for it to get fixed, only for more issues to pop up when they do that. The Witcher 3 has had some bugs (I've only had one real issue with it and it was fixed within a week but I've seen other people say they've had issues) and you guys seem to get on it as fast as possible and fix it. That's just not something I'm used to from game devs so I applaud you for doing such great work. I've seen people complaining about things on the forums, some getting really nasty, but if you look at it objectively, you guys are doing and have done a truly outstanding job and I'm so thankful to you for putting out and maintaining such a masterpiece. Best game I've ever played, honestly. Rich story, a massive amount of things to do, great customization, very fun combat.... I mean I'm just blown away with how good it is. Sorry this was so long but I just wanted to let CDPR know how much their game means to me, it's truly phenomenal. Thank you CDPR!

Pretty much same with me. Never played the first two. Tried on blood and broken bones first, then death march. Now Im doing it for a third time to get all the gwent-cards.

The only difference is that I didnt even know about this game.. never saw any ads or trailers. In fact, the way I got started was that a friend of mine got the game the day it came out (PS4). He's like, yo lets do share-play so you can see me play it for the first time. btw good work sony on share-play... so after 10 minutes Im like no, not gonna get this. Then I watched for two more hours and when I woke up the next morning I just had to go and get it. So I did and the rest is history.

I just want those expansions NOW!!!11

Loved the Witcher Wild Hunt. Best RPG I have played in years.

Now I am eagerly awaiting the release of more Triss content :), the two Wild Hunt expansions, and Cyberpunk.

I posted this on The Witcher subreddit, and just thought I'd come over here to post it:

CD Projekt's relationship with it's community is probably the best in the industry. They don't treat their customers like children. With all the stuff we've asked for not one of them has called one of our requests a "complaint." To see a developer actually listen to it's customers and--in valid cases--go "you know that's not a half bad idea, thanks for the your post" is an awesome thing to see.

I honestly can't think of anyone out there who treats their fans this way. It's nice to be treated like an adult in an industry where we're just tossed to the side, asked to shut up, and play the game. Not realizing that their consumer base has grown up from children into adults who work hard, pay full price, and spend their relaxing moments with their game.

You guys notice that and it's seriously kickass.

Thanks CD Projekt Red. You guys made an awesome game and I'll be buying everything you guys make from here on out. I'm new to these forums, but you can expect to see me here a lot more often.

Last edited:
This is, quite literally, the best game I've ever played. Last time I got sucked into an rpg this deep was Baldur's Gate 2 over a decade ago.

Will probably finish the main story over the weekend for this, so just had to create an account to say thanks to CDPR for what has been one of the best gaming experiences ever. It will end after over 175 hours of time spent in one of the best realized worlds created, everything was great about it, story, characters, voice-acting, combat, cut-scenes, the list goes on. My jaw was on the floor so many times I have almost forgotten some of the best moments because there was so damn many of them! The amount of content is staggering, pound for pound this is the definition of value for money, a rare thing in games it seems these days.

This is one of those rare games that comes along once in a while and raises the bar for other games in the genre and is up there with the very best and one of my personal favourites such as Zelda OT, Metal Gear Solid and Red Dead Redemption. I imagine it may be sometime before another comes along......maybe Cyberpunk ;-)

For now though, thanks for all those that clearly worked hard on this, Va Faill!!

:cheers:

Fantastic game. The main story could use a bit of work (more political stuff dealing with the war, more stuff dedicated to the companions), but the sidequests, the world in general, the contracts, everything else is a 10 out of 10.

Thank you!!

I just wanted to say thank you. im playing pc games since 22 years i can say i seen a lot. this is one of the best games i ever played. thx 4 that. only pitty is theres no endcontent at all. so i stuck on 2800 dps wolfen/feline swords/alchy build until end of october -,- cant wait to get my hands on the 1st dlc =)

Have to say that I'm not a fan of Fantasy(ish) RPG's but The Witcher 3 is yet again another game that pulled me in and I actually enjoy it. Combat feels really responsive, and not sluggish and slow and I'm also very impressed with the scale of the game.

I also feel that its more welcoming to new comers. I never once felt like I needed to play the previous games to understand what's going on. This is something a lot of fantasy RPG's don't do (*Looks at Dragon Age Inqusition*).

Thanks for making the game. :)

So I just finished the game...[potential spoilers]

Wow.

I know this has probably been said before, but I am simply astounded. There is no such thing as a "perfect game", but Witcher III is the closest thing to it, and the developer CD Projekt Red has done a PHENOMENAL job making this game.

Having finished the game now, I feel so depressed. The relationships I built with Triss and Yennifer, the interesting characters I met in side quests such as Kiera, the music, the scenery, the experience - EVERYTHING. This game was just so rich, and the relationships felt real, SO real. What an experience. Goodness me. Not sure if you guys have seen this movie, but the feeling is kinda like the first time you watched Avatar, walking out of the cinemas, feeling just a surge of post-depression.

This game was worth EVERY SINGLE CENT, AND MORE. It's just so great. Please share your feelings here too...

For me, the depression really started to kick in immediately after I finished the game. I was in Kaer Horhen, all by myself. No characters. It took me like a minute to run outside to the travel post. I wanted to see if Triss and Yen were anywhere to be found. But nope. Just a feeling of emptiness, depression... kinda makes you feel like life is empty in a way.

No game has made me feel this way. I feel so sad and empty inside. It is truly a real and evident feeling, so poignant, leaving a bump in your throat, tear in your eye. You feel so weighed down, like an anvil is pushing you down or something - or as if there is something constricting your breath. it is just a feeling of weakness.

Now I know you can "play the game again" or "load older saved games", but it's just not the same and in any case ill end up where I am now, perhaps with a different ending, but still feeling depressed as ever. i want to live a life forever with yennifer and triss. it's as if they were real life characters and they just passed away

Sorry if this thread is too bitchy for you guys and sorry if this has been posted before (because im sure im not the only one who shares these feelings). but i felt like i had to give CDPR some recognition for such a PERFECT (LITERALLY) game they made. after finishing the game i also felt a need to express my feelings somehow, and i guess signing up to these forums and posting was one way of doing that.

The experience I underwent will never be matched again, at least in the foreseeable future. Avatar 2, which comes out in 2017, may come close, or even match it. but thats a long way away. and if CDPR you are reading this, please make Witcher 4 as good as you made Withcer 3. I really want to return to this world. I want to live a life FOREVER with these characters. I feel like my character geralt as died.

:(

please tell me whaty ou guys think.. i just cant get over it!

This was a sensational game, best game I think I've ever played. The only game that came close to getting me emotionally attached to characters was the last of us with joel and ellie. Bravo CDPR, now to go back and play TW1 and TW2 before my second play thorough of TW3!

Top Bottom