The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
Even though I've been here for years, I have posted next to nothing and started no threads xD. This however is a special occasion and I'd really like to thank the CD Projekt team for working so hard on this game. You guys are the best!

As an aspiring developer myself I know how difficult making a game really is, and the hours you guys must have put into W3 has really shown in everything I've seen. I can't wait to let loose in the world that's been created for us. I can't thank the whole team enough for the work they've done on this game.

Just as an aside, as someone that made the mistake of using SourceSafe for one project (Don't judge me guys :( ). Can you imagine how monstrous the SourceSafe database would have been for this game? (gives me chills just thinking about it)

Thank you for all the hard work you've put into this game, hope it will be a great financial success for your company and that it will open doors for you to produce new, high quality games and set the bar for the entire industry :)

Thankyou for the content packed full of goodies even the standard edition. The maps, 16 free dlc ect but especially thankyou for compendium.

I look extremely forward to reading it as have read some of the Witcher books (the others hadn't translated) & It will add to the immersion.

Thank you also for supporting your game, with attentiveness to fixing bugs, adding content & also for sharing it with us on console, I'm glad many people will get the chance to play it as the books were a joy to read.

Been a long wait but the pre-order was worth it.

Here's to gaming! :victory:

Last edited:
If Philippa Eilhart can dominate the Northern Kingdoms then I´ll say thanks : )

But no really, I bet its gonna be amazing and I´m very grateful to see a sequel to my favorite game of all time : )

The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

Finally got hold of my copy of the Witcher 3 on the PS4 after having to take a bus trip to my local store in heavy rain only to find that the store didn't open for another 30 mins when I arrived! There were 3 people waiting for their copy, not huge but considering I live regionally not bad, and one was a girl (Yes I know girls game lol) Now the first thing struck me when I opened up my Blu-Ray case was a nice note from CDPR thanking me for my purchase and stating how thankful they are for our support, Wow a company that is down-to-earth and cares? I bought the regular edition of W3 but there tucked away neatly was a full Paper map! Then there is all the DLC's 16? For free?!! Unheard of..

Wow CDPR are now officially my favorite game Studio, these guys really are gamers, and know exactly what gamers want, I am VERY impressed, and this is even before I have started to play the game for the first time (Waiting for 400 MB patch to download) ! I think CDPR really deserve alot of credit for the way they have gone about the series, and the way they have whetted our appetite leading up to release of W3 and the way they relate to their customer and fanbase!

Thanks guys for all your many many hours of hard work and dedication, now I am off to play W3 :)

Share your first impressions ! :thumbsup:

Nice sentiment. Hopefully, it doesn't get lost in the sea of new threads.

Your right, at release of ANY new game, especially one with the amount of hype and critic acclaim that the Witcher 3 has, there are ALWAYS page apon page of people complaining about any little thing in the game, because everyone has their own opinion on what should be what or have pre-formed ideas as to what they are expecting out of the game when they play it themselves. I have sat there in forums before W2 was released, TES Morrowind through to Skyrim, and many others, its amazing at release how many nit-picking threads appear, most the same as the last! People's expectations and passions can't be underestimated, while those who love the game are too busy playing it to show up here to nit-pick this and that, I hope everyone is enjoying W3 as much as I am it is a game that gets your undivided attention straight away :)

BTW I am 2 hours in now and having a blast, I find myself distracted often... I don't like riding on Roach as I tend to stop and explore whenever I see something interesting, maybe I should just stay on foot?

so far its great!! just cant bring myself to continue the main quest wihtout checking everything out.
graphics are great and i can play it on ultra with nividia stuff at 30fps which is nice

also i like its quite hard at the beginning (at the 2nd hardest level)

so far its great!! just cant bring myself to continue the main quest wihtout checking everything out.
graphics are great and i can play it on ultra with nividia stuff at 30fps which is nice

also i like its quite hard at the beginning (at the 2nd hardest level)

Yeah I am the same, I have barely used Roche at all I am too busy looking around and checking out all the question mark markers and doing side-quests! I did the
well wraith quest
too that there was footage of floating about on Youtube at some stage pre-release , great quest and much more meaningful that the standard RPG go and fetch this sort of quest. Very impressed so far, I think the 10/10 that it scored on some sites was completely justified so far!

Last edited:
I started playing the game as soon as it unlocked on steam. The next time I looked at the clock, it was 3AM. No regrets. CDPR did a fantastic job no matter what certain subsets of the internet say.

Though now I'm off to bed.

CDPR did a great job. It is a testament that games can be polished and complete and they should be working (for the majority of people) upon launch.

I have spent 2 hrs in game thus far.... and for the entire 2 hours, I am simply walking around admiring the great scenery, the weather effects, the day night cycle, killing chickens, ducks, goose, cows (just had to... after Skyrim villages killed me over killing one chicken... just had to kill chickens in open world games...).

Experimenting with all sorts of things, and casting AXII on children - which makes them go all crazy and run around the village screaming like chickens without heads XD

If you are reading this forum/post trying to decide if you should buy this or not. Stop reading and stop thinking, just get it. I feel that the effort they put into this game alone warrants its price.

I started playing the game as soon as it unlocked on steam. The next time I looked at the clock, it was 3AM. No regrets. CDPR did a fantastic job no matter what certain subsets of the internet say.

Though now I'm off to bed.

I got so lost in just exploring the starting point villages and doing 4 or 5 quests that I almost forgot to pick up my 5 year old girl from Kinder LOL It's like all the best RPG's, its just one more quest, oh I wonder whats over there, better go and take a look there is an exclamation point that needs investigating :) This game is amazing, and I haven't even begun the MQ yet...

Much love CDPR loved the Witcher Series from the first one. This one will keep me busy for sometime for sure much respect

Despite some (admittedly probably self inflicted) audio problems. I am loving this game! I'm tired as I've been up all night, but I'm finding it so hard to put down. The atmosphere, graphics, people, combat are all just superb! The game we all wanted and you delivered and then some, so thank you so much CDPR. Much love from another PC gamer that is having a blast in the world you guys have crafted.

Top Bottom