The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
Ten hours of gameplay since the unlock. Terrific !! Wonderful !!

Wow I hope you get some sleep :) lol I am about to load it up again and do some more exploring, did I say how great the world looks and how much fun it is just swimming during a nice sunset? !

---------- Updated at 09:42 AM ----------

Last edited:
graphics are great and i can play it on ultra with nividia stuff at 30fps which is nice
That sounds great, what are your specs?

By the way, I just got my standard retail edition from my local store, here's what I got:

1. An absolutely stunning steelbook (Novigrad version with Triss and Yen on the back)
  2. The soundtrack
  3. A nice little compendium
  4. A beautiful map
  5. Two wolf stickers
  6. A keychain (wolf-shaped) in a small bag
  7. A poster (Geralt is on one side, Ciri is on the other)
  8. A GOG key.
  9. ...And the game, of course
It really feels like Christmas. (insert crying Ciri emoticon here) :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks CDPR.

Thanks CDPR.
You ve done it again :D

The game is amazing, much better than TW1 and TW2 from a lot of points of views.
I have already imported my tw2 savegame at the beginning of the story, then I ve played from 00.00 CET to 3 am
this night and now im waiting to return at home to play some more.

Today i will kill the griffin and make all the secondary quests in White Orchard.
Need to exp up geralt, find treasures, craft things..
Only then i will continue the main quest. :)

Downloaded the patch and even tried the game last night and i'm looking forward to playing it when I get home now. Sadly I only played 2 hours last night because I had an exam today lol
Rest of the day is gonna be spent with Geralt :p

got my hands on the german ps4 version i want to say THANK YOU CD PROJEKT RED for giving us german players polish dub and sub! That adds a lot to me to the atmosphere and so far i don't know why but it looks on the ps4 like the 35min gameplay trailer... maybe i need new glasses lol

the story so far is really really epic and the world very atmospheric! Now everyone should be happy, the console users and the pc users with their mods and fps, resolution. THANK YOU and i am very excited for cyberpunk. Bring more polish games to germany! germany and poland should be like brother and sister!

Thank you CDPR for a sleepless night even though I have to work. I'm so tired right now but I don't care.
No game ever made me do this, so you can really tell that you created an exeptional game.
I never ever waited for a game like that and I just could not stop playing it even though I told myself to play maximum 2 hours and then sleep.
The visuals are awesome and the game is so atmosperic that it makes you just keep going. I can't wait to play again after work (after a short power nap).
BUT....please add a small optional real time clock (like in D3) with one of the future patches. I just forgot time, so it would really help to keep track ;-)

Some quick first impresions - I managed to play about 2-2.5 hours so far.

- I only finished the tutorial and talked with people in the Inn in White Orchard. Atmosphere is fantastic. I love every bit of dialogue, how people are affected by Nilfgaardian invasion, how I was discussing war with an Oxenfurt professor, how a villager screamed and protested when I charmed his companion with Axii, and how outcasted and unwelcome you feel in the village. Every character had something interesting and memorable about them, and I only met who were I suppose not even tertiary characters in the story.

- Gwent is really fun to play. I managed to win my first game. It seems simple, yet witg a suprising strategical depth. And flavor texts on cards are pure exellence.

- I like combat so far, although I'll have to rebind keys for radial menu. It's very impractical under Tab key, which is set by default. I'll say more, when I actually do more fighting.

- This game is gorgeous. Seriously. What made the largest impression on me, were the interiors. First chamber in Kear Morhen looks incredibly good, and White Orchard's inn is even better. I love the attention to detail. I manage to get framerate that satisfies me with High-Ultra mix and Hairworks on, on my 970.

- I love that we're back with Dandelion's written journal. I particularly enjoyed when he mentioned in Gwent's entry, that Geralt became dice poker master some time ago, and was now looking for new challanges. Again - attention to detail.

- The game in general feels absolutely superb to me so far, I cannot wait to play it more.

CDPR you deserve praise.

As the title says, this game is a marvel, so far I played for around 8 hours and I've encountered no bugs, no boredom, only fun.
Seriously, I did not expect such quality from this game, I knew it will be good (as a fan of the Witcher lore, but not entierly of the previous games), but here I'm pretty amazed, it's so refreshing after waiting all these years.
Moreover, I am pleased that the debates concerning the quality of this game weren't justified after all.

I take my hat off to CDPR team.
:cheers:

As the title says, this game is a marvel, so far I played for around 8 hours and I've encountered no bugs, no boredom, only fun.
Seriously, I did not expect such quality from this game, I knew it will be good (as a fan of the Witcher lore, but not entierly of the previous games), but here I'm pretty amazed, it's so refreshing after waiting all these years.
Moreover, I am pleased that the debates concerning the quality of this game weren't justified after all.

I take my hat off to CDPR team.
:cheers:

I pretty much conccur, except I loved Witcher 1& 2. But Witcher 3 suffers some technical weaknesses (like Geralt movements) as well as a combat system that, while not utterly bad, doesn't offers much compared to some recent games (Shadow of Mordor and Batman A. Origin).

But I've spent 6 hours playing already and enjoyed every minute of it so i guess It's not that bad. Not sure i'll say the same thing after 20+ hours tho...

Sken

Forum veteran
Agreed, incredible game. I'm quite amazed at what they have accomplished here. The quality of questing, dialogue and voice acting is blowing my mind.

Loving the combat, really getting the hang of timing dodges, parrying to gain advantage. I also think the post prologue area looks better visually, some of the lighting and weather effects on display are insane.

it's a miracle! Thank you Cdprojekt you are amazing!

You know so much disappointment these last two years destiny, dragon age inquisition, far cry 4, gta 5 slightly on the atmosphere and story aspect, and just in general mostly everything has in some way failed me..

But you did it I believed in you and you pulled through thank you CDprojekt for delivering an outstanding product. Creating quest where each one feels like it has some unique aspect and is worth doing. my first boss which was thrilling and awesomely well made. a combat system which is improved upon in every single way over the previous game.

Be proud CDprojekt that you are in the running for game of the year and will probably win it from a lot of publications may you be the light that shines in this darkness known as the gaming industry may you always inspire hope and fill us all with joy.

be proud that this is one of the few games where the hype was real for me and this was the game I literally bought my new computer for at the end of last year.

:victory:

P.S this is the first game I have played for 10 hours straight since oblivion came out and enjoyed every second of it.

I agree! Kudos to CDPR! Plus, I wasn't even sure if I could run this sucker on my over 2 year old rig, but with a GTX 690 I'm able to run on high with a constant 60 FPS (1080 p) and can even set everything but hair to ultra and get a steady 45 fps. Gorgeous game, meaty story, fantastic animations that evoke emotion in the characters...I could go on and on. Well done!

I am utterly shocked

I was so excited for this game and had such high expectations, but i was worried the game would be a massive let down....Well i never imagined i would sit here and play 12 hours straight.... I have not done that since skyrim released i feel like the witcher 3 just stole me soul..Thanks for this game CDPR it is the finest thing to have graced my PC since i built it :cheers:

Thank You CDProjekt Red

CDProject Red have gone out of their way to say thank you to gamers. I just wanted to say a big thank you back to them for making one of the greatest games I have ever played.

​Thank You CDProjekt Red

It is indeed a masterpiece!!! Playing with GTX 980 and everything on ultra (incl. hair) and no problems at all. Graphics/ story/ combat are all incredible. I'm just about to kill the Griffen and i am already emotionally involved with the story and characters. TW3 personally has surpassed my expectations. Congrats again CDPR :victory:

This is the best RPG i've played in a while and the most well rounded one at that. Good immersive story (helps that im familiar with the novels i guess), skyrim like open world AND amazing side quests. And on top i'm just pausing every now and then just to stare at the landscape. Just wow.

I agree! GREAT job CDPR - you're team is always customer oriented and focused. I love the Witcher series and absolutely love GOG.com - For a while now, ANY game I want, I always check gog.com first. Other digital game services (I won't name them, but you know the top three I speak of) have really let me down over the last couple years. GOG is such a great service, DRM free, and very responsive to any questions. I appreciate what you all do at CDPR, and will continue to make you my first choice for any and all digital game purchases (which is the only way I buy games, so you basically have all my service now).

I do have to mention, I had to purchase Batman: Arkham Knight via Steam since it's not on GOG - is that a limited time thing, or will the batman series never be released on GOG due to rights/publisher issues?

one thing is have to say it the musics amazing, i love when games have good music and can really make a good game great

After some .ini tweaking with the grass settings...

Top Bottom