The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
Hats Off To " The Witcher" Creators

I am a 52 year old gamer, and I have been around since the start of it all. I was there when "PONG", was all the rage. It's incredible to me how a simple blip on the screen going back and forth could make so many people lose their minds. What a great time to be alive. I have played thousands of games over the last few decades over quite a few systems. Sega, Atari, Turbo Grafx16, Intellivision, not to mention computers as well... But I just wanted to say that "The Witcher" series has been one of my favorites. My hat goes off to everyone associated with your company. I have really enjoyed spending the hours roaming the fantasy lands, killing monsters, rescuing the damsels, and being the all around badass I always wanted to be. The gamers nowadays sometimes lose patience with the bugs and delays and problems that now plague the creators of such games. I can only hope they show gratitude towards those same people that work so hard to fix their problems and keep supplying such wonderful games. I am sad to say that the PS4 will probably be the last system I will purchase and own, as games are getting a little too fast for me to keep up. Multiplayer/shooters are becoming the new thing and I just don't have the reflexes I used to have. I envy what the future holds for the next generations of gamers. Just a little too late for my time. Keep up the great work, and take a deep breath.

I ask only one thing of my fellow gamers......When judging a game, ask just 1 question....Was it Fun?

Thank you CDP !

Hello,

i just dropped by to say thank you for that great game CDP ! Yesterday evening i finished the main Story of Blood and Wine, and when Geralt smiled at me at the end i felt really touched. This game was really special (playing games since mid 80ies)

Kind regards

Stefan
(vienna)

please excuse my english, i m not a native speaker

An amazing, amazing game!

I just wish NG+ wasn't screwed up, and that I now have items with lvl 101+ requirement that I can never use since I did a full run on normal mode before NG+. I didn't use any exp cheats, exploits or mods, but still ended up too high level for NG+ :(

Just another thank you to CDPR and The Witcher team. As I approach the end of my 12th playthrough with the MQ before going back to BAW and finish it, (260 hrs so far, with a 7mo break... damn), as suggested by a fellow forum member, I keep envisioning my next playthrough NG/NG+ and highly anticipating it. Have finished the game with all Witcher Sets and many different play styles. Now I cannot take it of my mind to do a "no witcher gear" run, even if I still get their quests done, since I'm unable to play the game and not do every little single quest in it! 1,580 hours played so far and this 7 months break just increased my craving for the game, even if I cannot play as much as I could last year.

just a post thanking CDPR

i must say
nowadays, it's rare to find a company that really cares about players, most of them just care about selling incomplete games and make the most of profit selling stupid dlcs for absurd prices
but CDPR for me is different
damn, they gave 16 dlcs FREE (most companies charge for something with low quality)
heart of stone and blood and wine for me, aren't dlcs, they are expansions with a totally new story, making it worthy the price
all i want to say is thank you for CDPR for being awesome and for the respect they gave for the community
even fixing the most annoying bugs or even small cosmetic things
i hope they continue the excelent job in every game they create and wish them success
thank you again

Thank you to CD Projekt Red

I just wanted to sincerely thank the CD Projekt Red team for their consumer-friendly practices and of course, for creating one of the best, if not the best, game I have ever played. Their approach to this game is so phenomenal that I often times wondered if this game should have been worth more than 60 dollars. I am not a hardcore gamer at all (but I keep up with most new videogames and love them) but even I built a powerful PC for this game by working two jobs while in still in college and it was very much worth it. There is love and expert craftsmanship in every aspect of the game which allows me to play for hours without getting bored - something that happens to me for every other game as I have slight ADD. Its success lies in the excellence of every aspect of the game. There is nothing that was done that was half-done or just thrown in there for filler. Witcher 3 and its predecessors have emotion, great characters, great gameplay, great lore, great graphics, great voice acting, and music. I cannot recount how many times I was surprised by new plots or new elements of story or gameplay that the game threw at me even after a hundred hours of gameplay. Additionally, they did their customers right by releasing free DLC and meaningful and amazing expansions that are actually better than most games I play. Sure, the game has flaws and we can pin point bugs etc. - but take it as a whole package and you cannot find a comparable game elsewhere (except maybe uncharted 4 and its predecessors, last of us but they aren't open world).

Thank you again CD Projekt Red! You have earned my trust, love, and loyalty. I look forward to all your future games and expansions and will support you. You are one, if not the industry leader to look up to in the video game industry. I wish you the best of luck. And of course, thank you Andrezj Sapkowski for creating badass Geralt and his story.

I am a 52 year old gamer, and I have been around since the start of it all. I was there when "PONG", was all the rage. It's incredible to me how a simple blip on the screen going back and forth could make so many people lose their minds. What a great time to be alive. I have played thousands of games over the last few decades over quite a few systems. Sega, Atari, Turbo Grafx16, Intellivision, not to mention computers as well... But I just wanted to say that "The Witcher" series has been one of my favorites. My hat goes off to everyone associated with your company. I have really enjoyed spending the hours roaming the fantasy lands, killing monsters, rescuing the damsels, and being the all around badass I always wanted to be. The gamers nowadays sometimes lose patience with the bugs and delays and problems that now plague the creators of such games. I can only hope they show gratitude towards those same people that work so hard to fix their problems and keep supplying such wonderful games. I am sad to say that the PS4 will probably be the last system I will purchase and own, as games are getting a little too fast for me to keep up. Multiplayer/shooters are becoming the new thing and I just don't have the reflexes I used to have. I envy what the future holds for the next generations of gamers. Just a little too late for my time. Keep up the great work, and take a deep breath.

I ask only one thing of my fellow gamers......When judging a game, ask just 1 question....Was it Fun?

This ^ ... I'm a bit younger 44, but I'm totally with you. All I can add is... Thanks for spoiling us CDPR.

****ing Brilliant :)

I was finally able to finish the game and expansions. For months I avoided anything to do with looking on line about anything to do with the game or expansions as to not spoil anything.

Kind of in a bittersweet and melancholy state but, holy shit CDPR you guys are awesome. What a ride! I did some progression kind of wrong but thankfully I saved at some opportune times to back track a little bit, but oh well.

This is the best game I've ever played and has set a very very very high standard. Thank you!

Hundreds of hours logged, finishing up my close as to 100% completion as possible, have fallen off many a ledge to my death, and just now I found this Easter egg.

Which one you shifty programmers sneaked the Wilhelm scream?

Love you CD Projekt Red

Just out here saying that I love you CD Projekt Red, you made me have an INCREDIBLE adventure with witcher 3 and the DLCs.
Thanks for not being money loving pricks and just making Blood and wine €20 instead of a €60 Witcher 4, that's what EA would've done probably.
I just wanted you to know that you guys are being recognised. Also im spreading the words out to my friends etc. That nailed you 1 copy already :p

Thank you CD Red

Hey all I just wanted to stop by and say a big and sincere THANK YOU to CD project red.

So let me explain why this is meaningful to me

I've recently lost respect and any interest in my long time favorite company Bioware for a variety of reasons I won't get into here. I look around and see monolithic game developers that only care about pleasing Streamers and catering to the lowest common denominators. I see Steam and bethesda trying their hardest to ruin their respective modding communities. I see greed running rampant across micro transactions and the industry I love losing some of the identity that helped create it. I won't lie I find it all very depressing.

Largely I see nobody giving a flying # @!$ about the fans. Those of who not just play the games, we obsess over them. We write fanfiction, draw artwork, talk about it on forums and create every sort of fan generated content you can think of. We're either insulted or just out right ignored.

Which brings me to you CD Project Red, I can honestly say I can't recall the last time I've played a game and felt honest sincere gratitude from the developer and from one who's quality is so damn high they have NO need to be humble. You guys crafted an absolute masterpiece with WItcher 3 and I doubt I can say very much about it that hasn't already been said. You have literally single handily restored a ton of my faith in the gaming industry, because....if you are doing it why can't everyone else?

So again thank you CD project Red I've never been so pleased to support any gaming company as much as I do you, please know much your behavior (in addition to your games) is appreciated. Have a great day!

There's too much to praise about the witcher 3 that it's impossible to write down here, or even remember. After multiple playthroughs and so many emotions in the game, all I can say is thank you.

Please don't ever lose your studio's attention to detail and never be afraid to swim against the stream of commonality in the gaming industry. Just keep doing whatever it is that you're doing right now. Currently my most anticipated game ever is cyberpunk 2077 (besides Gwent ;) ). I have no idea what type of game it'll be, but if tyhere's one thing I know, is that it'll be a finished, fulfilling game.

PS: still hoping for an enhanced edition of TW3 where iorveth and saskia are present, and yrden is unnerfed. But that's a minor gripe in the totality of it all :p

What can I say? I have nothing but praise for TWIII. Started reading the novels in the lead-up to the game's release. Damn near cried when I heard a certain ballad. Still kicking myself for not playing through the Enhanced Edition for TWII on 360 back in the day. Never seen such a faithful, beautiful adaption of its respective source material. It truly feels like it was written by Sapkowski. Never felt a connection to fantasy before... The Witcher did it for me. This game is a landmark achievement for storytelling and open world structure in games. CD Projekt is an amazingly talented studio.

I'm overwhelmed by this game. Then came Blood and Wine and it's like I'm playing "Witcher 4". Wow. The quality here is unprecedented. I wish CD Project Red also did bathroom remodeling and carpentry. I don't know what to say. This game and this company is an example that should be flaunted throughout the industry and to working people everywhere as what can be accomplished with hard work. My highest congratulations and a huge THANK YOU!!! Now bring on that Cyperpunk thingee...

Top Bottom