The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
Thanks CDPR.
You ve done it again :D

The game is amazing, much better than TW1 and TW2 from a lot of points of views.
I have already imported my tw2 savegame at the beginning of the story, then I ve played from 00.00 CET to 3 am
this night and now im waiting to return at home to play some more.

Today i will kill the griffin and make all the secondary quests in White Orchard.
Need to exp up geralt, find treasures, craft things..
Only then i will continue the main quest. :)

Aff that is what I forgot to mention in my original post, the soundtrack CD :) I bought the standard edition and got a Paper Map 16 Free DLC's and the Soundtrack CD :) Proof CDPR are the best devs in the world !

Thank you CDPR for this masterpiece. The love and dedication you put into this game really shows, and I am blown away by it! This will be GOTY, there is no doubt in my mind.

CDPR went from a company that I barely knew, to one of my favourite.

You treat us with respect, and not just a bag with money. As long as you keep doing like this, I'll allways support you guys.

Thank you for the soundtrack cd, paper map, sticks, a poster, and the letter you sent to all players (and all the other stuff. That was awesome. All this, on the regular edition. The box was so full of stuff, that I had some difficult to close it again :D
Other companies, not even a manual include on the box...

Congratulations, you got a new fan :D

I am still at the very early stage of the game, but I am already impressed how well each quest was designed, even the side quest. It really feels like reading a short story in the Last Wish. The quests are actually memorable, unlike those from other AAA RPG games recently published.

Thank you CDPR! I was mesmerized by this game, I love everything about it. Thanks for the hard work and dedication. The long hours, long nights, frustrations, disagreements that might have happened through this process, were all worth it. You deserve the glory!

i agree, but puttng the thoughts and feelings abut tw3 into words is like putting a limit, it's hard to express it with words, tw3 is beautiful, it exceeds my expectations, it could use sme more color and sharpening, but it's ok i figure it out, tw3 is and feels like a true witcher game, Geralt with his skills, and new skills, the known and new awesome characters, landscapes, environments, the hability to explore always more, everything looks beautiful, alive, the animations are perfect, one of the best games and rpg's ever, for me the best open world game,
instant classic, instant masterpiece, thank you very much cdprojektred :)

People forget what its like before every game release, well those that are hyped anyhow. People shouldn't lose any excitement by reading the posts about Graphics or anything else, before release everyone has their own opinion and view of what the game is going to look and play like and at EVERY release they show up in droves to post and re-post screenshot comparisons to this game, previous games, other games in the same genre etc etc. I have noticed many of the complaints are coming from PC players, XB1 and PS4 users seem quite fine with everything including the graphics, which I must admit look stunning on a 60 inch LCD TV with Surround sound too. People forget how large W3 is, and how few loading screens there are which helps to keep the immersion flowing, but they will nitpick one screenshot (probably modded) with W3 at release then 50 threads of the same ilk appear just like with every other game release.

Just go and enjoy the game folks it is fantastic :)

It's not anything like what I expected, although the product you created is something more exciting than what could have been imagined!

Man, I knew there had to be one positive thread amid this sea of nitpicking and complaining.

I'm about 4-5 hours in, and I'm really, really sorry to report that for the most part the game is awesome. My only complaint is that the controls still feel too floaty - somehow moreso than in TW2. Everything else is great. The game runs well, looks gorgeous, and the writing is up to CDPR's usual standards. In fact, since I haven't progressed much in the main story yet, what strikes me the most at the moment is how every single sidequest seems to have nearly the production values of a full-blown story quest. Fully developed dialogue, cutscenes, interesting decisions, the works.

And also, good lord, the character faces. Are these all modeled after real people? Because they certainly seem that way. I guess eventually I'll notice faces repeating themselves like in the previous games and that'll wear off, but at the moment, I'm pretty blown away by how good even totally minor, throwaway characters look.

So yeah. No doubt this thread will be back on page 3 again by noon today, but maybe a few other people who aren't faceless profiles with two posts only created to scream "preorder cancelled" and "worst game ever" would like to chime in.

Well, I for one really like the game, everything runs so smooth, I am not the picky type but do have standards towards PC gaming in my case and I have to say that you guys outdone yourselves again!! despite the early bugs, graphic glitches and whatnot that we should / hope to be patched, I have yet found something negative or game breaking that would make me think otherwise.

Thank you very much for this quality product and the $$ / playability ratio is just outstanding. I will savor this game to it's fullest!! :D

Cheers!! and keep up the good work CDPR!!!

I have been here forever. A friend of mine who at the time I didn't know played PC games recommended I look at The Witcher. I did and even through those first couple of months when the frame rates were buggy and the load screens froze, we endured, everyone here pulling together, trying to figure out which parts of our computers were causing which bugs. Then the Enhanced edition came out and we sighed a collective sigh of relief.

And yet, many of us stayed and became friends, learning about each other and loving the multi-national family feel of this place. We worked on the Wiki and swapped strategies, hoping for a Witcher 2. We started testing Versus and thought The White Wolf sounded amazing. Then the Witcher 2 came out and we started all over.

Now the Witcher 3 is out and I am still here. I haven't upgraded my PC yet so I haven't started playing, but I've watched the first parts of several Twitch feeds and I like what I'm seeing. I can already tell the Wiki is going to be huge!

I just wanted CDPR to know that the game is fantastic and I know it will be even better once I finally start playing it.

Game is brilliant!

I have just finished the "starter zone" and it took me a whopping 16 hours o.0 Then i got into the next zone and saw just how huge it was and that there is 10 times more noticeboards one which gave me a level 33 .... yes 33 quest at level 4 LOL. I like that though natural curves in a game are very ... not natural. The gameplay is great, the graphics are stunning maxed out with everything on and performes really well. The story is awesome .. but ....

GWENT takes the cake. It is by far the most addictive mini game i have ever played. I may need therapy by the time i finish this game i'm being serious!
Sidequests are amazing and have their own unique stories. Nothing is more satisfying that getting your hands on a set of unique steel and silver swords that make you fell like a badass even on the third difficulty.

Very happy with the game!

I can see this being another one of those games where its going to suck when i complete it. Always get that feeling that i wish i could wipe my memory and start all over again then i get slapped in the face with the reality that its going to be years before we get another new game like this LOL.

Awesome job CDPR

Last edited:
Man, I knew there had to be one positive thread amid this sea of nitpicking and complaining.

I'm about 4-5 hours in, and I'm really, really sorry to report that for the most part the game is awesome. My only complaint is that the controls still feel too floaty - somehow moreso than in TW2. Everything else is great. The game runs well, looks gorgeous, and the writing is up to CDPR's usual standards. In fact, since I haven't progressed much in the main story yet, what strikes me the most at the moment is how every single sidequest seems to have nearly the production values of a full-blown story quest. Fully developed dialogue, cutscenes, interesting decisions, the works.

And also, good lord, the character faces. Are these all modeled after real people? Because they certainly seem that way. I guess eventually I'll notice faces repeating themselves like in the previous games and that'll wear off, but at the moment, I'm pretty blown away by how good even totally minor, throwaway characters look.

So yeah. No doubt this thread will be back on page 3 again by noon today, but maybe a few other people who aren't faceless profiles with two posts only created to scream "preorder cancelled" and "worst game ever" would like to chime in.

Exactly :) I hate to use Skyrim as an example because I still love playing that game, but its quests were pretty mundane, go and fetch this, go and speak to this person, go and kill this animal, not really Oscar written quests even the MQ suffered from some of this. W3's quests so far feel like a breath of fresh air, you actually care about the person you are doing the quest for, the quests are well thaught through, the dialogue is fantastic and this changes your opinion often of whether to help someone or not!

In regards to the nit-picking, don't worry, most of those are from the PC crowd insulted that their rigs don't run W3 at 100fps in 4k resolutions or whatever, or trying to compare Skyrim with 4 years of improvement mods to W3 at release. It's like every game release including Skyrim, don't let it dishearten you it happens EVERY time! Instead go and enjoy the game like 99.9 percent of people are doing its just that the .1 percentage of the world are much noisier :)

After the 9+ hours i for now put in it, I can clearly say, this is the Witcher game I always wanted.
This is what the sequel to the first one should have been. W1>W2

Slavic enviroment √ (in the second one i felt slihgtly disconnected with the world, I know, I know,, there are many countries and enviroments in the Witcher universe, but the first one made me feel at home)
Awesome non repetative side quest with interesting charcters that have a backstory? √
herb gathering matters now √ (in the sequel this was something i almost did not do even on higher difficulties)
interesting recipies/crafting complexity √
Gorgeous enviroments √
Day and night cycle dependable enviroment √ (The need to wait for certain phases of day to be able to complete something)
Alcohol as base for Potions √ (I know this is weird but I love this concept which was not really there in the second one)
Difficulty √ (All around not only fights but also regarding alchemy, necessity to think before selling or purchasing items, simply put: surviving in this world)

Ahh so much goodness in one game. Wil be definitely purchasing extra copies for friends as I did with the previous installment.
(Note, I love the second one, own about 3 copies, two from that non enhanced editions)

10 hours in and i am.... still pre Velen. totally love it.
funniest thing for me was the card game (gwent) whenever people talked about it i was like "who cares about the damn card game, get the game right".
well the card game is absolutely amazing! who would've thought that..

Top Bottom