The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
Same for me. This is probably the best RPG I've ever played. It has so much depth in either the content but also the decision making. It is really impressive all the way through.
Sound atmosphere is great, visuals are mind blowing, architecture and map design is georgous.

It now sits for me in my favorite games of all time, alongside of The Nomad Soul (Quantic Dream), Deus Ex 1, Fallout 1 & 2 / Baldur's Gate 1 & 2.

The few encountered bugs for me are normal, I mean this game is so huge, there is so much stuff, I'm really not bothered by the bugs. Also CD Projekt is putting a lot of effort on improving it, on a daily basis.

Huge thanks to CD Project, there has been so much work done by the studio in the game but also outside the game. Good Old Game is an awesome shop with an incredible philosophy behind it. The fact that the games belong to us, and that we are responsible for what we do with it is a breath of fresh air in the video gaming industry. It encourages responsible behaviours toward piracy and gives me the will to buy all my games to support the editors who follow a path completly against the tide.

Haven't even finished it and it has quickly become my favorite game ever. This is what other developers should aspire to. Loads of content, fabulous storytelling and open worlds, free dlc and actual expansion packs that add even more in game time. CDPR even does the packaging right, the standard version of most games now days come with, if anything, an advertisements for their "season pass" or an upcoming game and thats it. CDPR has an actual manual(Haven't seen a real manual come with a game in years), maps, etc. So refreshing to see.

Keep up the great Work and thank you.

I honestly thought I was losing interest in gaming, over the past 5 years only one game truly gripped me, that being Dying Light, until I played The Witcher III that is. Although I now fear RPGs are ruined forever, as I can't see anyone topping this game. That being said, the game does have issues, for example the clunky controls and Roach's AI to name a couple, there are a lot of little things that can be improved and I have faith that the devs will keep working on the game until it's perfect as it's so close.

I know how you feel about RPGs after TW3. Yesterday I tried to play DA:I for some reason (I don't know why, I guess I feel I'm near the ending of TW3 and I don't want it to end, so I didn't played it yesterday and since I haven't finished DA:I it seemed like a good idea lol) 3 minutes in I was like NOPE and just alt-f4, I didn't even want to exist the game properly xD

Agreed with all the above posts. This game is absolutely fantastic. Easily the best game for the next gen consoles right now. Loving every minute of it.

Also playing on Death March. You level up so slowly in this game but I am having so much fun I almost wish you leveled up slower! I am outleveling all my quests and its not very difficult anymore.

Still, amazing job. Every bit of this game is beautiful and deep. Keep up the good work. I'm hooked.

I thought DA:I was fantastic when I first started it but only half way through with zero desire to finish it or re-roll another character.

TW3 on the other hand, I can't get enough. I am doing EVERYTHING in Velen but still trying to bounce between main quest and side stuff. I can't believe there is so much amazing stuff to do and see. Really CDPR, you guys deserve best game of the decade so far.

I haven't been this immersed in a world since...The Witcher 2. They're both different games, but the characters and worlds are simply the best. After finishing the game I spent a couple hours looking for something new to play that could really grip hold of me. I just don't think it's out there. At least I bought the books so I can start reading those while I go through a slower second playthrough.

With that said, it's not "everything I hoped for and more". There a few items that left me very disappointed, but those are better left for the story/characters/locations forum.

Agree with the OP. It is a truly great game that delivers quality entertainment.
In the future Baldurs Gate II will not be spoken about as the pinnacle of RPG's. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will definately have that honor.

Attachments

• let.s.dance.jpg
    let.s.dance.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 57
@cd projekt red

Well Done, freaking well done with this game, never played any of the witcher games (sadly) and only recently got back into RPG games and moving away from MP games

The way the game was packed with the goodies, developers can learn from you guys.

you most def will have my support in the future

thank you for a such an awesome game

I am all praise for this game ... I do reviews for a website and as I said in my review - This is the best rpg ever created. Everything about this game is quality .... Here is a link to my review if you wanna have a read ... http://rwrant.co.za/game-review-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-pc/

Cool review -- Thanks for sharing! I don't even know how some people have beat it yet though. Must be rushing through a lot of content because I have been playing hard and STILL in Velen. I do have four kids, a full time job and a house/yard to take care of still :)

---------- Updated at 02:25 PM ----------

I guess my thread got combined with this one -- *shrug*

Either way, so glad to see I am not alone in my absolute love and joy for this title. Can't wait to play more.. but a little sad already to think this is the last Witcher game :(

Cool review -- Thanks for sharing! I don't even know how some people have beat it yet though. Must be rushing through a lot of content because I have been playing hard and STILL in Velen. I do have four kids, a full time job and a house/yard to take care of still :)

---------- Updated at 02:25 PM ----------

I guess my thread got combined with this one -- *shrug*

Either way, so glad to see I am not alone in my absolute love and joy for this title. Can't wait to play more.. but a little sad already to think this is the last Witcher game :(

I was wondering where my post went. Glad to see it became popular. and that I share that view with fellow gamers. Have to say the person that said they were losing interest in gaming. I felt the same way. Until this game. Just made me realize more that it wasnt me it was the game industry that i lost interest in. With all the crap they spew. Cd projekt renewed what i loved again.

Now I am going to make a statement, I have been playing games going back to the old Atari 2600 days, Commodore 64 with tape drives, IBM 8088's, the beginning of gaming as we know it. In that time I am guessing I have played Hundreds if not Thousands of games probably closer to Thousands on all types of Platforms,Atari, Apple,PC, Sega Megadrive, PS1,PS2,PS3,PS4, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 1 . I can safely say that I have NEVER played a game that is not only Highly Addictive, but as Remarkable as The Witcher 3, and this is on the PS4 version too. This game is ground-breaking, it sets a totally new standard for all RPG's to come, heck all gaming to come! The attention to detail is amazing, each area I visit feels unique and is full of interesting quests, storylines, charachters and creatures. The graphics for the PS4 are simply amazing, the day/night/weather lighting and effects have me stopping every 10 steps to take another screenshot, I am simply in Awe of what CDPR have managed to create with this Masterpiece. The Sound likewise is a Masterwork in its creation, the Music well I listen to the CD every day so that should give you some idea what I think of it !

Kudo's CDPR you have every right to be incredibly proud of W3 and thankyou for all years of Hard work and dedication, you have made an old-school gamer extremely happy ! (And my Wife and 5 year old very sad lol)

Last edited:
I just finished the Bloody Baron's storyline, and seriously - if this isn't the best written and structured questline ever, I don't know what is. You can nitpick this game to death, but when it comes to the big stuff that actually matters, CDPR have just gone and schooled the entire industry on how to do RPGs. My only problem is I'll never be able to enjoy another game as much as I used to because I'll always think, eh, pretty good, but it's no Witcher 3.

I agree, this questline almost brought me to tears at the end, I can't remember a time when I have felt so completely emotionally involved in ANY game I have ever played, you actually care for the charachters and what happens to them. Other Developers should take note, not looking at you Bethesda at all ;)

Good day, dear.
I remember the unforgettable feeling when buying The Witcher 1. Delight, shaking hands) and hundreds of hours in the game. Then - the second part of the news. Immediately order the Collector's Edition and the tedious wait. I had to buy a new laptop to fully enjoy the game.
And now - part 3. And as usual - order the Collector's Edition (which by the way - great). After that - a careful study of all the news, reading various rumors. And from - Release) at the hands of a collector's edition, on Steam soon also will be a version of the game.
*True to pass the game so far falls on youtube - old Sonya izdohnet trying to run such a powerful product.
But despite this, I want to express to you my deepest appreciation for the enormous project. Listen to criticism and create.
Constantine, Ekaterinburg.

There is a thread for this already:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/36692-The-Witcher-3-and-CDPR-Appreciation-thread/page19

Saying that:

Now I am going to make a statement, I have been playing games going back to the old Atari 2600 days, Commodore 64 with tape drives, IBM 8088's, the beginning of gaming as we know it. In that time I am guessing I have played Hundreds if not Thousands of games probably closer to Thousands on all types of Platforms,Atari, Apple,PC, Sega Megadrive, PS1,PS2,PS3,PS4, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 1 . I can safely say that I have NEVER played a game that is not only Highly Addictive, but as Remarkable as The Witcher 3, and this is on the PS4 version too. This game is ground-breaking, it sets a totally new standard for all RPG's to come, heck all gaming to come! The attention to detail is amazing, each area I visit feels unique and is full of interesting quests, storylines, charachters and creatures. The graphics for the PS4 are simply amazing, the day/night/weather lighting and effects have me stopping every 10 steps to take another screenshot, I am simply in Awe of what CDPR have managed to create with this Masterpiece. The Sound likewise is a Masterwork in its creation, the Music well I listen to the CD every day so that should give you some idea what I think of it !

Kudo's CDPR you have every right to be incredibly proud of W3 and thankyou for all years of Hard work and dedication, you have made an old-school gamer extremely happy ! (And my Wife and 5 year old very sad lol)

Top Bottom