The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
CDPR appreciation thread... no need to ask twice :)
Witcher 3 is the best RPG game I ever played. Excellent satisfying combat, very interesting side-quests, huge world, stunning visuals (admittedly after fixing 'orange' color palette, defaults are... just wrong imho), masterpiece music (again). This is very good news that there will be two big DLCs released for the game as it would be sad to already leave Northern Kingdoms after 'single' W3 game.

Witcher 3 has too many bugs, even for a video game, wrong loot system (scaling failure), and various others point make it just cant be really enjoyed.
Could have been alot better.

This is a APPRECIATION thread do you understand what that means? Posting this here makes you a troll, there are many many threads for your negative and perhaps pointless ciriticisms. I am playing the PS4 version and have not had one crash, and the only bug I have found is where items sometimes float in the air... big deal oh NO OMGZ IM GONNA GO BURN MA GAMEZ NOW !!!! Get a grip, just because you are having issues doesn't mean its the games fault, go and post in the technical forums why are you even here?

Btw scaling issues? There isn't any, they have scaled the enemies so there will always be some that are weaker and some that are tougher, so no matter what your level there is always a challenge. Most of the loot I am finding I can use straight away or near in the future, it gives you something to work towards. Your opinion is just that, an opinion.... a flawed one at that, I would be amazed if you have even put 5 hours into the game.

---------- Updated at 08:30 AM ----------

I'm an old-school gamer who has played Fallout 1 & 2, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, The Witcher 1 & 2, KOTOR, the entire Mass Effect series, Dragon Age: Origins, Skyrim and so on. I know my RPG's.

So when I say that the Witcher 3 has left me amazed, stunned and gobsmacked all at the same time I hope it carries the appropriate weight. I don't think I've experienced a game quite this epic, immersive, grand and coherent since the days of Baldur's Gate 2. What you've accomplished with your relatively small team is nothing short of extraordinary.

I'm not quite sure how you pulled it off to be honest, but somehow you did. I wish you the best of luck with creating more content for The Witcher 3, and also any future games you're planning.

In my GOG account I now have The Witcher 1, 2 and 3 plus the expansion pass. It's the least I can do to show my support.

I loved the Baldur's Gate Series :) DId you play Ultima? Neverwinter Nights? Also great RPG's for their time, I also played the TES series from Arena to Skyrim and nothing has had me completely engrossed like Witcher 3 has, its like CDPR have taken all of their combined experience, and molded it into one amazing game creation :) Every other Developer including you Bethesda, are going to have to pick up your act, quest wise, and storytelling wise. Make us believe in your world just like CDPR have managed to do.

Last edited:
I can't praise this game enough. It's the first one in years that has had me so immersed in the game world and playing for hours and hours in a row. The sheer amount of detail, content and dedication is unbelievable, to be frank I don't think I've played ANY other game with such level of care put into it. I should list all the little awesome details and great moments but that would take me ages when the game just keeps throwing cool stuff at you on a constant pace...

And I mean every word I say. Thanks for the great game, guys! CDPR proves trustworthy again, and every single one of those sales is more than deserved.

Last edited:
As an adventure game in the true spirit of adventuring, this is the best game I have ever played.

The attention to detail is awesome, the intricate mission assembly is astounding (how they managed to interconnect all the side quests and alternate reactions to decisions must have taken an insane amount of time) and the graphics are just sublime.

I have to applaud the devs and writers for not breaking the combat play, the magic and crafting and just about everything that has gone before. IMHO, they have improved all the traits from previous incarnations and have developed the system to become more intuitive and overall more enjoyable.
I have played many games of this ilk for many years and nothing comes this close, nothing. With other sequels, like Gothic for example, games tend to be slung out, diluted down and bastardized to make it look like a sequel when in fact its just a Frankenstein monster most times. Skyrim was an exception as most Elder Scrolls were, but the transition for the Witcher trilogy so far is one of progressive excellence.

In comparison, well there are no comparisons but the closest I can come to a game as good as this in terms of available technology at the time would probably be Elite on the ZX Spectrum. Nothing since then has captivated me in much the same way, except now of course.

Perfect is almost an anachronism as a description, but that is what it is, for it is just a game, The Witcher to me is everything I have ever wanted in an adventure game and it stands as a true testament to my opinion in that 50 hours in and I still love just trundling around the countryside looking for trouble.

This game is one of the best, if not the best, things I have ever played, and I played a lot of RPG games. Storyline is deeply personal and emotional. It forces you to make choices that leave some characters heartbroken, and you can actually feel it. One quest that I had taken knowing that outcome won't be to the liking of certain black-haired sorceress... But when I had to choose final dialogue option, I almost had to force myself to push a button. I simply could not do it... And it speaks a lot. Starting the game, I was thinking that romance choices will be easy for me to make given the outcome I wanted the character to achieve. But further in the game, you understand that it is not an easy thing because your choices hurt people your character cares about... And everything is so harmonically tailed to each other: OST, environment and character interactions... Playing this game is like living another life. CD Project Red did awesome job. I wish them success in all further endeavors. Many thanks for this fascinating world and an opportunity to touch a tale...

Congratulations RED

I just wanna say thank you CDPR and Andrzej Sapkowski, for creating the masterpiece Witcher wild hunt for us gamers. And congratulations for well earned respect and sales. Love your creations. They are truly among the best in time and space.

where you see somethin awesome in this game ? just tons PR and nothin, for me how many others pple CDproj DEAD how game maker

A letter of thanks to CDPR for this Epic Game

Three days have passed since I finished the Witcher 3. I must admit that I was both surprised and a big deal disappointed for the short epilogue and ending. But I will not use this thread to once again complain about it. It's enough now. Actually it was a small part of this enormous game so I will try to let it go and think about this amazing experience that I went through..

I was one of the lucky ones that didn't encounter any serious gameplay and graphic's bugs. My game went smoothly forward without any problems at all, and clearly this made the game even better than expected. I remember games like Skyrim, AC and LOTR with those impossible and "still" unsolved bugs, such a frustration. CDPR released patches very fast and took in consideration what we gamers wrote and fixed the most of it! Applause for it!

Many of us are really choosy and inpatient when it comes to expectations and details. As soon as a bug seems to take place, we attack and criticize in the open directly without hesitation, often without any consideration about if it's easy to fix it or not. We want the directly solution. ASAP. But in the game production and design you just can't jump into a game and take out a bug like it is an object that you just move aside or delete.

This type of RPG games have developed hand in hand with the cinematic perspective. The world is much more open, the exploration is almost entirely free, and you can form the main character obtaining different outcome. Every single person follows the side and main quests in their own way and chose the road to it from different angles. More the world is open. More it's haunted by bugs. Even if a production has several people testing it and replaying all over it's a human factor to miss things and different situation, systems and quest order can make it fail.
With the cinematic perspective you receive more expectations and forget that this experience it's: A Game. It's so realistic at times that you want to playing it like it's real life. Searching every corner, getting ALL the answers, craving more from just everything and when you don't get that answer you get frustrated. The story takes over the game. That's the big risk in developing this sort of game.

But isn't it amazing?
I want to thank CDPR for this Epic Game.
The actors, voices, facial expressions, graphics, all the small details even in the shortest side quests, the open world, these fantastic elaborate places, the music, the dialogs, the choices, the laughs and the tears through the story.

Thank CDPR and now it's surely time for a 2nd playthrough!

But remember that when you give a player so many questions it deserves likewise its answers. For next time!

as long as a bug doesnt mess up my game i can look pass them. i love the gold deposits you see in caves, or im assuming its gold. its so sparkly and pretty.

Thank you!

Hello, developers team!
I singed up and created this thread only for say "Thank you , thank you very much!"
It's the most astonishing game for me for the last 10 years. I have feel, i read a book.
Characters detalls, music, song - all of these are beatiful!
Sorry for my bad english.
Hello from Russia!!!
Good Luck, guys!

CDPR,tell your boss bring some special gwent cards and bring them to E3 next time you had chance.
Let's have a freaking gwent night.

An Open Memo to CDPR

CDPR,

I wanted to say something. Wasn't sure where to send to ensure someone reads it, but figure a forum is a good place.

Earlier this week a truly frightening nightmare was unleashed upon us. This nightmare is Arkham Knight. Now, you are probably wondering why I am mentioning AK in a CDPR Forum.

Well, I was one of those naysayers. I was one of the skeptical bandwagon pitch forkers screaming my fool head off about the whole downgrade nonsense. Within a couple days, you had patched some pretty cool stuff in, but even prior, upon actual release of the game, I was shocked at what an amazing undertaking, what an enamoring spectacle Witcher 3 really is. So I wanted to apologize, not because I badmouthed anyone in a forum, but because I was, like many others, throwing a fit over jack shit.

Witcher 3 is amazing. You all, as developers are so extremely talented, and most importantly, you REALLY FUCKING CARE about your audience.

I think this whole WB/Rocksteady/Iron Studios debacle really underscores both how we as consumers tend to take things for granted, and that most developers really don't have their thumb on the pulse of the PC gaming community. I saw before, when the game was released, but tenfold now, what the difference between dedicated, smaller, focused developers and monolithic, too big to fail, PR Con Artist publishers really is.

THANK YOU for releasing a wonderful, most memorable game. Devs like you work your asses off and it really shows.

Side note: I really don't intend this post to bash Rocksteady or Iron Galaxy. I imagine they did what they could for PC port but the wheels of juggernaut wouldn't let them stop to drink water.

So, in closing, Thanks for what you do, what you have done, and what you will surely continue to do for the gaming community.

Sincerely,

J

Top Bottom