The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
Big heartful thanks to CDPR. Thank you for the game.

Mods, delete this if you will.
Just wanted to thank you for reminding me that games are still art. Games are challenging. Engaging. Beautiful.
i really appreciate your efforts in East Euyand making me(Russian ) actually pay you. Pay not for the content, pay for the amazing support, great world sense, beautiful art I can appreciate. For working on the game still, and being open and real ppl.
This game will stand for me as one of the classics. Thank you again.

Please continue your great work. I think if you "fix" something it's a great addition but I am truly happy with the game as it is.

Thank you, your sincerely

Open Letter to Projekt CD Red

Dear PROJEKT CD RED,

As a new customer of yours and now a fan of your games, I would just like to take this time to tell you how happy I was to give you my 60 dollars for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. There are so many special touches included in the box and in this game, they are just too numerous to mention. I very much enjoyed the note included with the game disc more than anything. It's a small thing, but it's one of many ways that this company continually demonstrates just how different it is from most companies, and how much it cares about its gamers.

With you guys, I never feel ripped off, and I never feel like I'm being 'nickel-and-dimed". Quite the contrary, I get soo much value out of your products, it's absolutely mind-blowing. I just wanna finish by saying that unless you guys turn into a-holes overnight which I know won't happen, you have earned a new loyal customer in me (and I'm sure millions more). I will recommend you to everyone I know, and I will buy all of your products at launch for full price with a huge smile on my face. I hope others in the industry follow your lead, and learn that it pays way more in the long run to make a truly quality product and earn customers' respect and loyalty.

Your products have detail and care written all over them, and I cannot thank you enough for the work that you do, it is appreciated and enjoyed by so many.

Signing off off to get back to playing Witcher 3,
A blown away fan

Not only is this literally the best game in the universe (i really do mean it - i feel so depressed after having finished the game, and i felt such a ****REAL*** connection to the characters), but CDPR is a great developer. Please dont turn into EA.

CDPR treated me like an adult. there was no DRM bullshit. everything was simple. install and play. click and run the game. no need to download useless clutter. THANK you. 16 free DLC? THANK YOU again. I will certainly be buying future DLC as well. i remember in a press interview or something, one of you guys said "you dont have to buy the DLC. play the free game first". this reflects the modest and professional attitude at the studio. great work. this game is a masterpiece and i know everyone worked SO hard makingi t.

if you are making any future witcher games, please do the same thing you did with withcer 3, and better. this is honestly such a good game. no other game will beat it in the coming 10 decades.

EDIT:

and also, i feel like i owe you much more than the $78 I paid for this game. it was CERTAINLY worth the money, no question - not even a question worth asking. you guys worked so hard for this and you deserve all the money you get. i love the fact that there are no BS microtransacitons like with dragon age: I (i quit the game within first 30 minutes of playing as soon as I found that out).

this game is 100x better than skyrim, where there was ZERO character development at all. just you interacting with the world in skyrim. whereas in witcher it feels like the world interacts with you, and all your decisions hasve consequences, both in the short-term and in the long-term (e.g. changing the VERY COURSE OF HISTORY). this is all very cool!!

please i hope the free market respects this game, and i hope MANY people buy it. i hate it when game studios treat their customers like trash (e.g. EA) and try to milk as much money from them. its working quite well - look at candy crush and clash of clans. but over time i hope people will become more educated and actually start playing good games, instead of falling for gambling simulator games (e.g. destiny).

i could go on and on but ill stop. i really pray someone will read all these comments and actually respond to our feedback, either directly on these forums or indirectly by implementing it into future DLC AND** future witcher games. we want more!

Last edited:
This is my first Witcher game and I have to say it's the best game I've ever played. I've never been so pulled into a universe. Started reading the books (not a big reader), and plan to play TW1 and 2 before my second playthrough of 3. Well done CPDR on this masterpiece!

As an old fart who's been gaming since the Commodore 64 / Atari and who enjoys games of almost every genre, I must say W3 is the best game I've played in 15 years. I had given up on the thought of a game matching the heights of the BG series, PS:T, and Deus Ex.

For me, the one thing W3 excels above all other games is the cast. I've never played anything with such a huge, diverse, likeable cast of characters (Radovid and the Wild Hunt being the lone exceptions).

W3 has some flaws, but developer support has been fantastic in making an amazing game even better. Looking forward to a third playthrough once the new content and patches get settled, but for now, must resume real life... :)

Three thumbs up! Great game, great company.

---------- Updated at 06:18 PM ----------

As an old fart who's been gaming since the Commodore 64 / Atari and who enjoys games of almost every genre, I must say W3 is the best game I've played in 15 years. I had given up on the thought of a game matching the heights of the BG series, PS:T, and Deus Ex. For me, the one thing W3 excels above all other games is the cast. I've never played anything with such a huge, diverse, likeable cast of characters (Radovid and the Wild Hunt being the lone exceptions). W3 has some flaws, but developer support has been fantastic in making an amazing game even better. Looking forward to a third playthrough once the new content and patches get settled, but for now, must resume real life...

Hey Supe77,

Old fart as well that had a 64 and made the mistake of getting a 128 after. :)

Odds are you are more an RPG'er if it's the best game in 15 years but I'm going to list a few from the past 5 years that I have found to be amazing. My #1 is Dishonored. and I just found out #2 is in the works. Try 1,. it is deep and beautiful in every way, including awesome voice acting by Chloe Moretz, Michael Madsen, Susan Sarandon, others.

Dishonored (10/10)

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (10/10)

Far Cry 4 (9/10)

Far Cry 3 (9/10)

Batman: Arkham City (9/10)

Wolfenstein: The New Order (8/10)

Mafia 2 (8/10)

Batman: Arkham Asylum (8/10)

Batman: Arkham Origins (7/10)

Don't Buy
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - one dimensional. Basically a repetitive tech demo for their 'nemesis' system.

You did a fine job. I just hated collecting all the missible gwent cards. I had to force myself to stop my 4th playthrough to get them all without something screwing up. Other than that it's a masterpiece.

A huge thanks from me for a fantastic game which has led me to some fantastic books.

A friend told me when W2 came out that it wouldn't be my sort of thing - too dark and violent. I should not have listened to him. I'm so glad that this time I caught some footage on twitch and saw a world I really wanted to be in. Really reminded me of Baldur's Gate at first glance.

My graphics card is actually below the min specs but the game mercifully runs really well on medium settings.

The art book is amazing too.

Anyway a ton of thanks for all your hard work and for great art, great story, great dialogue and for managing to pack so many little references to the books in there.

I have bought the expansion pass and I'm really looking forward to whatever it is you have planned.

I agree. I played through completion on normal for my first go, and just finished it on Death March tonight. Words can't describe what an awesome game this is. My mind is blown. Looking forward to a third go when the first expansion comes out. Or before. I don't know if I can wait that long. Can't believe people actually criticize this game. LOL, what game is better? I have all the trophies except all of the Gwent cards, and don't even care. Thank you CDPR!

Definately in my top ten of all time, maybe even in my top 5 when they've sorted all of the bugs & implemented features from user feedback. Here's hoping cyberpunk will live up to this.. the thought of an open world blade runner-ish game has me very, VERY excited !!!

Excited on the game fixes but The Witcher 3 is still the best game for me even though I am playing Batman AK right now coz I am still waiting for 1.07 for my shiny shimmering Platinum trophy hehe

Playing the Witcher 3 for me was like leaving a virtual life as Geralt, with all the good and bad things that bring me the story.
The most thing I'm sad about is that this is the last game in this great series, and we will never more experience new adventures of Geralt and his friends which I start to love and I will miss very much :crying:
I didn't finished the game yet, I'm close to the final, but I want to say that this game is the icon for all RPG's. The story, graphics, immersion, even worst russian localization didn't screw my experience with the game.
I don't know if the RED's read this tread, but let the GOD bless you guys, you did a great job, and become a history of interactive entertainment!
You just got a new fan.

Playing the Witcher 3 for me was like leaving a virtual life as Geralt, with all the good and bad things that bring me the story.
The most thing I'm sad about is that this is the last game in this great series, and we will never more experience new adventures of Geralt and his friends which I start to love and I will miss very much :crying:
I didn't finished the game yet, I'm close to the final, but I want to say that this game is the icon for all RPG's. The story, graphics, immersion, even worst russian localization didn't screw my experience with the game.
I don't know if the RED's read this tread, but let the GOD bless you guys, you did a great job, and become a history of interactive entertainment!
You just got a new fan.

:victory:

As a huge fan of horror and monsters, this is my dream game. Kinda long lol

One of my all time favourites. I love horror and monsters, and i always wanted a game where you hunt and kill mythological, classical monsters such as vampires, ghosts, werewolves etc. i hoped one day somebody like rockstar might pick up the rights to the show supernatural and deliver it. Well, might not be modern day or based on the show but cd delivered my dream game.

As a console only gamer , i came to the series with assassin of kings. I can honestly say i liked witcher 2 a lot, albeit on my second try after not getting into it. I hoped for more monsters and hunting, whereas it was more political. Not that it wasnt great, it was, but i felt like it wasnt what id hoped. I liked it a lot though. The more i heard about three, more monsters, etc i really got into the series buying all the english translated books (i think its last wish, sword of destiny, time of contempt and baptisim of fire released so far in uk) and loved them. Then comics and artbooks and the wild hunt c,e which is one of the best c.es ive ever purchased.

I love the game. Its dark fantasy with a heavy horror feel to many missions, even though its not survival horror. Im just blown away. The side quests all are as good as the main story. My first contract was a noonwraith and i felt deep sympathy for the tormented creature as i unravelled its history. And even though its not a quest, coming across a destroyed village overrun with rotfiends made me imagine the downfall of the village.

Just thanks CD. You guys delivered big time. I truly hope this isnt the end of the witcher series. Id love to see a witcher game in modern times too.

Thank you........

Never actually done this before, but to the designers of the witcher 3 - wild hunt - THANK YOU. Ive just completed the game after it basically took over my social life for about a month, and can honestly say it was epic. Everything about the game, hell even the box and the old style map included (NO ONE bothers these days usually ) just screams value add to that shed loads of free dlc, manuals, etc made me feel like i got something for my money before i even started playing the game.

Im actually gutted ive finished it now - breathtaking game which had me actually laughing out loud, shouting at the tv and cheering on characters! ive been gaming in various forms for 20 years and i will go another 20 and niot forget this title.
Very well done, cant wait for your next project!

New to this forum, I had to come here and thanks all the men,women, witchers, wraiths, troll, even f***ing drowners who made this game possible.
It's a delight and every day I long for the time I will get my hands back on this masterpiece.
Just halfway through, and can't wait to see what those expansions will show us!
Thanks, a thousand times!
:cheers4:

Top Bottom