The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
They have reputation to maintain and know how to gain players hearts. If Cyberpunk 2077 has similar mileage. I am ready to spend another 20£ on DLC or any other content.

I only really ever played the witcher 2 after the enhanced edition for xbox came out, so I was never really part of the hype before it. But now that I've seen CDProject RED's way of handling customars, I have to say, I hope this sticks and works for them. I've never felt so wanted and cared for as a player before this.

Thank you REDs, and keep up the good work.

And screw all other companies which try to make profit off of unfinished games! Boo to you, sirs! Boo, I say! It obviously pays off if you put your pride and soul into a game as well!

It's been 3 month 11 days and 16 hours. . .

And I finally popped the witcher 3 disk out of my ps4. 3 save files all of witch contain +\- 300 hours of gaming for this epic game. Sure I have a life, but it's the experience in the the world of this game that I can't tear myself away from. I had downloaded the new expansion pack for Dragon Age Inquisition (The Decent) in the hope of giving me something to do while I wait for the next witcher exp pack, but after 2 hours playing in a dark underground dungeon fighting extremely over powering enemies (even though I'm a level 27 Mage) I found my self yearning for the beautiful open freedom of wondering the northern kingdoms.

I Promptly popped out the Dragon age disk and slid the witcher 3 disk back in an loaded up my last save. I was immediately transported back to Skellaga greeted by a beautiful vista over looking the wilderness at sunrise. I felt. . . .happy.
never truly gush about games, but what these people have done is amazing. To the point where I got online and ordered some of the books and short stories to really get acquainted with the witcher universe. That being said. I contemplated starting a new game, but don't think I can do another play through (already did it 3 times, once for the average ending, a new game + to get the good ending, and a kinda "rushed" play through to experience the bad ending.

To be honest I don't have anything to do ATM within this game as in my new game + play through I did everything (that's every contact/treasure hunt/point of interest and undiscovered location, except for the the Most Wanted quest which is glitched since the werewolf won't die).

I'm abit lost ATM as everything else in my ps4/PS3 collection just seems so. . ."meh" ATM. I do have one or two superior potions/oils left to craft, but yikes . . . Another whole month to wait for the exp pack, but the added so called more "fleshed out" Triss romance options has peaked my interest in starting up a new game yet again (obviously when patch 1.09 arrives)

So that's my take ATM. Anyone having a similar experience. Please feel free to add and comment

Sorry for the edits, typing here does not seem iPad friendly lol

Last edited:
Well you are not alone. TW3 is on another level. I tried the dlcs from Dragon Age too but they felt shallow. The fetch quests just feels "old gen" and boring. So i always find an excuse to play The Witcher again till i wait for the expansions. The only game that i am looking forward is Fallout 4 that incidentally will come between the two expanions so i will have all the time to play it.

I won't say Witcher 3 ruined other games for me more than it gives me a greater appreciation of what CDPR did . I think Witcher series in general could be considered art while other games are entertainment if that makes sense .

What's really scary and exciting is that CDPR is still learning and getting better, so W3 isn't even their full potential yet! I get awesome shivers just thinking about what they're planning for Cyberpunk!

This game was too good to the point where it sort of ruined other games for me. My standards for games are so much higher after playing this game that most games just seem subpar to me now.

This. After clocking in almost 200 hours in Witcher 3 I get mostly disappointed by other games and demand much more from them. Witcher 3 really set the bar to the extreme for me. Well now all I can do is to wait for the expansions and further enjoy this beautifully created world.

Everyone has already said it, but I will say it as well, CDPRKT has created an amazing game, an amazing world. The level of detail and dedication to making every quest a joy to play is amazing. You people are amazing game developers. I finished the game after 180h and wished it would keep going, I didn't want to finish. I can't wait for your expansion quests to come out, and am already waiting for the next Witcher game (hopefully you make one) to be just as amazing. I want to see a continuation of the story with Ciri as empress, calling on her friends (family) Geralt and Yennifer, Triss, Lambert and all the sorcesses and witchers to take on some serious enemy to save her realm. Heck even bring back Ciri the witcher just for some fun.

Only recently started playing the witcher 3 and must say I'm very impressed at what this game has to offer.The open world is beautiful,the graphics have undergone a major upgrade from the witcher 2 and I feel for me amongst other things stand out the most,this is truly a next generation game,the best of what new gen has to offer is the witcher 3.Enjoying every moment of this game the battle mechanics also vastly improved from the witcher 2 and the overall tweaks and upgrades make this game shine thru.

Thank you for a truly wonderfull gaming experience so far this game is worth every cent I spent on it.

Thank you CDPR best games company I can think of, the way you listened to the fans both good and bad -------- and put up with a lot of whining------------
can't believe you guys actually fixed the Triss romance choice and took on board our suggestions.

Witcher 2 - 122 Hours of play time

Witcher 3 - 300!!!!!!!!!! and still going strong.

:hatsoff:

Been playing the game since release, taking my time, and it has been gaming awesomeness at it's very best.

The last game that got me similarly mind-blown was Morrowind, but the difference is that Witcher just keeps getting better and better. Just when you thought you'd seen it all, another well thought out side quest keeps you on the edge - the overall atmosphere is unmatched.

Thank you for doing your homework when designing the gameplay.
- Boats inspired by Wind Waker
- World map, world layout and fast travel inspired by Skyrim
- Witcher Signs = Jedi Powers - "These aren't the droids you are looking for"
- Parkour moves inspired by Assassins Creed (but less over the top... great)
- Witcher Senses inspired by the detective mode in Batman Arkham Series
You took the best from some of the greatest gaming series of all time and you adapted it to fit into your game... absolutely brilliant.

Thank you for not giving in to competition:
You took away nothing from your direct competitor (Dragon Age), despite having a story closely connected to Bioware.
- No party based combat (good stuff, but you have proved that it's not the only way to go to build great RPGs)
- No grinding to level up (when you reach level 30 and above almost every monster you find gives you 1 or 2 XPs... good luck grinding then)
- No grinding to find resources (after a while you can buy everything you need. No money? Just travel to the nearest smuggler cache and sell the stuff you find).
- No urge to satisfy everyone giving loads of possible love interests. You focused on two, and that allowed you to characterize them better.
- No commander in chief bullshit (commanding troops, fighting wars and so on). Putting you in charge of an army is one of the greatest errers RPGs can make... people play RTSs and 4X games when they want to feel a conqueror.

Thank you for having some great original Ideas
- Building a personal story, in which saving the world and deciding the fate of nations is kept on the background, while you fight for the things you really care about (your family, your friends, the ones you love).
- Taking the gable of building an RPG game with a completely predefined character. You went a step beyond to Mass Effect, because you never gave the player the option to choose the gender and the appearence of the main character. This allowed you to build a better story, avoiding being generic because you had to comply with lots of possible choices.
- You also took the gamble of making the players do things that would influence the ending without letting them know that those choices were important and you nailed it completely. Many times the player feels screwed when finds out that a series of events that he felt to be unimportant in truth were fundamental for the ending. In Wild Hunt I never had that feeling.

And finally: thank you for not screwing it up with the ending. Thank you for leaving absolutely no cliffhangers, no unresolved storylines and for giving a satisfying conclusion to Geralt's Story. If you'll ever produce another chapter of this fantastic story I will buy it for sure... good games don't need cliffhangers to make players buy the next one.

Last edited:
Thanks Cd Project Red !

as i was looking for more info about the upcoming expansion thats called hearts of stone it says and i quote * Introducing new characters, powerful monsters, unique romance and a brand new storyline shaped by your choices. I feel like our prayers has been answered. There is not many game companies that are willing to improve based of the fan requests nowadays. And i really do hope that this includes more triss content aswell as some extra stuff that we dont know yet. Either way this seems promising and as far as i can tell its more than i expected. You've done it again Cd Project Red thanks for giving gamers the time of their lifes with this game. I must admit ive been playing games since a litttle child everything from world of warcraft to counter strike. Out of all the games in the world, witcher 3 wild hunt has given me the best memorable times and feelings that a game can give whatever genre it is. Thanks from a huge fan of the great Cd Project Red!

900 hours? I want proof mate. :p

Weird though, I had it at 79% and after 1.08.4 it went down. lol
PS. I know, I have no life, just a wife! =)

Attachments

• TW3_playtime.jpg
    TW3_playtime.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
GOG Galaxy now records how long you play the game? Looks like they are copying Steam here. Does it happen when you run the game without it, or you launch it through Galaxy itself?

I have to add my own thoughts in to this thread. CDPR has gone so far beyond what I have come to expect from game developers in terms of listening to their players. The game had bugs, but they addressed them swiftly, fixing a lot of them. They listened to player feedback in things like the Triss romance, adding in new things when they had no obligation to do so. CDPR has become my favorite company for these reasons mainly. Making a great game is one thing, but the way you treat your fans...outstanding. Every other game developer should be looking to you for inspiration in this area.

Top Bottom