The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
Hopefully the Witcher 3 will be a benchmark for other similar games to try and hit becuase nothing to close to it at the moment. Don't ever change CDPR!

Absolutely agree with this. They have such a great attitude that is incredibly rare today. Just look at EA with Battlefront for a good example of how not to be. If they don't change and stay true to their principles then they will have an incredible amount of good will and in turn business. I think people are getting more and more annoyed by the practices of other companies. So yes CDPR, please never change.

Thank you for your active support of the game, and hopefully there will be more expansions after blood and wine.

---------- Updated at 11:11 PM ----------

CDPR I just hope you would support the modding community more by fulfilling your initial promise....

Just a personal Thank you to CD ProjektRED!

I just wanted to say thank you to you guys at CD ProjektRED for what you did with the Witcher games. I have been gaming since the NES, and as a 33 year old, I am seeing a lot of my beloved game companies fall from grace with poor, money grab, hearless projects.

I recently will be finishing the 7th book tomorrow, and cant wait to pick up Witcher 3 again having read them all after Blood and Wine comes out (was hard to get a fan translation of the last two and print, and I cant wait to read them on official release again).

I read about how you guys really stuck it out with Atari in the beginning. You've made three excellent games and if you folks keep focusing on just making a good game, I promise to not stop rewarding those efforts and throwing money at you guys.

Sorry I had no better venue for this, but really, excellent work and keep it up.

VentusVero

New poster here.

When I originally started playing The Witcher, I really couldn't get a handle on how the combat worked; I made it thru several sections but ultimately shelved it and moved on to other games. Even after The Witcher 2 came out, although I bought it, I never installed it nor went back to continue the first one. Last winter, I bought The Witcher 2 download and started it, got hung up in the tutorial (don't ask how or why...) and the game languished once again. I really really wanted to give this series a try as I have read all of The Witcher books multiple times and wanted to play in this world.

Flash forward to this summer, I decided to give The Witcher 2 another go. Forgoing the tutorial, I went right into it. Very interesting and engrossing game were the thoughts I had as I played. I was blown away. I was thoroughly enjoying it, making most of my free time dedicated to the game, even getting up an hour earlier before work to play a bit. I have played thru The Witcher 2 7 times thus far, trying to get every quest, every item, every outcome.

I waited a bit bit on The a Witcher 3 before I caved and bought it; I wanted the best possible ending to 2 before I started it. I currently have 57 hours in the game and it is without a doubt, the best game I have ever played in the 30+ plus years since I was bitten by the Atari 2600 bug. The game is gorgeous, the storytelling 1st rate. Not since Deus Ex have I been so morally affected by decisions I have made in a game.

My my hat is tipped to you CD Projekt Red, you have created the ultimate holy grail of a game we all search for constantly: a perfect one.

My favourite game of all time beside platform and genre. I keep it in my personal first position only together with the first Deus Ex.
Love CDP

Thank you, CDPR! Not only for this gem of a game but also for you business philosophy. I think you guys are the only AAA company that still is a rebel at heart - doing games for gamers.

Don't ever bent too much to the casual culture, please! Keep it rockin' as always. \m/

This game gets better the more I play it, it's better than my old favorites RDR, GTA5, Dragon's Dogma even though Dragon's Dogma had some fun monster climbing, I still can't get over how amazing this game is.. I can't believe hom much it has already improved since launch and that it could get even better in the months to come. Thanks again for making such a kool games you guys, it's damn near PERFECT.

So i completed my first playthrough of Fallout 4 - enjoyed it, didn't know what to play after so I went back to Witcher 3 for 3rd time.

No comparison - Witcher 3 is the best game I have EVER played!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be Game of the Year - it has to be - can't think of any game I have enjoyed so much since the mass effect trilogy (This actually beats them imo)

CDPR - I was among those who complained about the Triss romance and all that mess - but you listened to us and all the other feedback (im going to see the changes for the first time soon)

:hatsoff: Best gaming company I can think of

I just wanted to say thank you for fixing the horse animation and many other things.
I stopped playing it months ago but now it's actually very enjoyable to play.

Cheers,at least you have excellent follow up support..

---------- Updated at 01:15 PM ----------

So i completed my first playthrough of Fallout 4 - enjoyed it, didn't know what to play after so I went back to Witcher 3 for 3rd time.

No comparison - Witcher 3 is the best game I have EVER played!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be Game of the Year - it has to be - can't think of any game I have enjoyed so much since the mass effect trilogy (This actually beats them imo)

CDPR - I was among those who complained about the Triss romance and all that mess - but you listened to us and all the other feedback (im going to see the changes for the first time soon)

:hatsoff: Best gaming company I can think of

LOL dat photo haha

Having Fallout 4,AC Syndicate and now a very complete Witcher 3 i'm going to struggle to find the time playing them all.
Witcher3 is definitely my RPG of this year.

Last edited:
I just bought the game, currently downloading the update (18gb) :) I just wanted to say that the box content is just amazing. These little things like soundtrack CD, couple of stickers and a letter from company make a huge difference. In most game boxes there is just a sheet of paper with controls and that's it... Can't wait to try the game!
Thanks again and best wishes from Litwa! :)

I just bought the game, currently downloading the update (18gb) :) I just wanted to say that the box content is just amazing. These little things like soundtrack CD, couple of stickers and a letter from company make a huge difference. In most game boxes there is just a sheet of paper with controls and that's it... Can't wait to try the game!
Thanks again and best wishes from Litwa! :)

You are in for a treat - wish I could erase my memory and play it all from scratch

(SPOILER>?)

I bought the game a few days ago and I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of the storyline and the dialogues. Even though I haven't finished the game yet it is looking good so far, I always enjoy a good storyline and the fact you can make different decisions enhances that. I also like when there is attention to detail e.g when you select what you want to say you don't just repeat the content of the selected sentence. Side quests are also interesting so far but what really prompted to express my opinion on the forum was the bard's song.

This is the first Witcher game I play of the series and after long hours in the game I was getting a bit frustrated with small things like the weight limit of my character and then I reached this part... The bard's song...I loved it! It calmed me down and even though it was not short I didn't want it to end, it was just brilliant! I just felt like I was taken out of the game for a few minutes. I even listen to it on Youtube now.

So thats the main reason I came on the forums and I hope there will be more to appriciate as I progress further into the game.

In a 66 page worth thread about praise there really isn't anything new I could possibly say but in that case I guess I'll just join the choir: thank you, CDPR for creating the best wRPG I have ever played (sorry KOTOR, sorry Vampire: The Masquarade, sorry Baldur's Gate, sorry....). I've been a fan of the series since 2008 and I must say that playing through the Witcher trilogy has been one hell of a ride. Characters, world and lore, atmosphere, art and music (first time I got to Skellige my jaw hit floor and continued downwards for another 5 stories or so). So thank you CDPR for making such a fantastic experience. Hope the success at the GGA is followed by many more awards. You have earned every single one of them.

I bought the game a few days ago and I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of the storyline and the dialogues. Even though I haven't finished the game yet it is looking good so far, I always enjoy a good storyline and the fact you can make different decisions enhances that. I also like when there is attention to detail e.g when you select what you want to say you don't just repeat the content of the selected sentence. Side quests are also interesting so far but what really prompted to express my opinion on the forum was the bard's song.

This is the first Witcher game I play of the series and after long hours in the game I was getting a bit frustrated with small things like the weight limit of my character and then I reached this part... The bard's song...I loved it! It calmed me down and even though it was not short I didn't want it to end, it was just brilliant! I just felt like I was taken out of the game for a few minutes. I even listen to it on Youtube now.

So thats the main reason I came on the forums and I hope there will be more to appriciate as I progress further into the game.

Most rpg's have a carry wieght limit

In Witcher you can increase the limit by buying saddlebags for your horse - different saddlebags increase the limit by a diferent amount.

I hardly ever have trouble with carry weight after i got some saddle bags.

Forgive me, for I knew not what I was doing.

Why didn't I buy this game sooner? Why did I fall for the Fallout 4 hype and snub all the witcher fans that lampooned it?

And... what kind of devilish hack made it possible to upload onions onto my computer, then dice them with the cooling fans? How is this even possible? You devs must have some kind of wizard in your midst.

Its not too late to hack and slash...not too late to meditate, drink potion, imbibe alcoholest, kill drowners, burn draconids. Better start now than never...or you will regret forever!

GOTY 2015!

Top Bottom