The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
I just want to say, this is one of the best games i have ever played in my life. Im 30 yo and i have played a LOT of games...
You can see how much CARE the devs had making this game... and, when you do something with LOVE theres no way to go wrong.
I just cant let it go of the world of TW3, i play others games as a simple filler waiting for Blood and Wine. And i just CANT WAIT for Cyberpunk 2077. Well done CDPR! and well deserved! GOTY!

Every time I play, I'm reminded why this won GOTY

Im only 54h in, but I've shouted and cursed at NPCs for what they said about Triss then savered slicing them in two; I've pumped my fist after overcoming a boss and rejoiced in exacting revenge more than in any game for a looong time.
CD Projekt - pride of Poland.

I just want to say how much i love the sound track, and the fact that i got the OS just for buying the game makes me happy as well, I waited on playing the game because i wasn't a fan of part 1 or 2 but my brother talked me into trying this one, and i gotta say the 15 hours i've played so far have been so great from the side quests to just hunter deer to keep myself alive when i got no cash for food. Has been phenomenal. Keep up the good work CDProjektred

I have been gaming over 30+ years and its been quite some time since I have enjoyed a game as much as I am the Witcher 3.It saddens me that Witcher 1 and 2 passed by me. Currently working through HOS and enjoying it just has much or not more then the base game. All the awards and accolades are well deserved. Thank you

Finished to play my second playthrough

So, I finished to play my second playthrough with the HoS expansion.

Dear CD-Projekt,
I want to say I'm fully, extremely fully satisfied about this game. I started the second playthrough when it was v1.10 and updated in mid-playing to v1.11.
I finished all the contracts, discovered all the witcher armor and weapons sets and did all the side quests except gwent and some horse races. Discovered all the places.
I did not encountered any glitch/bug and other thing that made me stuck somewhere... No one! I had only the scabbards issue but everything else was flawless.
My only compliant is to not having the full voice language translation to my own Italian language, but this is a very tiny issue, less than the scabbard one.

I've fully appreciated the story behind, the other stories and the expansion which is a masterpiece!

I cannot wait for "Blood and Wine" expansion but meanwhile I want to say
Thank you so much, CD-Projekt. You did a "State of the Art" game and yes, you fully deserves to have the GOTY title.

MannyGT, the Skyrim modder.

106 hours and 56 minutes and my first playtrough at the second hardest difficulty is over! Just have to thank you for the greatest single player rpg ever made. The depth in characters and the world is just awesome. The only reason it took this long to finish anyway was the constant crashing with SLI setup. Starting new game + now with the hardest difficulty and hoping the crashing was somehow releated to 1.0 issues that remained in the save game.

Oh my god, I'm replaying the game for HoS, enjoying different romance and decisions. This game is unbelievebly rich and alive. I just wanted to take time and thank you all again, and congrats for all the awards. I really wish to meet you in person one day. CDPR rules.!

Thank you for making such an amazing artistic experience!! At the end of everything I feel as though I was part of the most epic of adventures! This experience will remain in my heart like the Final Fantasy games have all my life! Most game endings suck and I always feel so let down! Like Mass Effect totally killed my experience with how they ended it, but my god The Witcher 3 ending was just awesome! Thank you for that! ...And also thank you for letting us mod the game. Anything that wasn't perfect about this game, I was able to find a mod for just what I needed to make it perfect! The Witcher 3 was just that Epic of an experience for me and I felt a need to personally Thank You all that crafted it!! <3

A simple thank you

I wasn't entirely sure where to put this, but it's something that I've been meaning to do for a while now. As I'm officially on holiday vacation and have a lot of free time at the moment, I wanted to drop by and say something that I've been meaning to for a while.

Thank you, sincerely, to everybody and everyone involved with creating The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. I'm not a young gamer. I'm 36 years old and have been playing video games for a lot of years now. For a very long time, Planescape: Torment was my favorite game of all-time. CDPR changed that this year with their release of Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

As a longtime gamer, I understand that developers have to make money in order to continue to exist and make more games. I also can definitely tell the difference between a game where that's all that matters and one where it's a labor of love for those involved as well. This game fell into the latter category and gave me hundreds of hours of enjoyment this year. (Currently 325 hours and 25 minutes to be precise on the GoG account I share with my wife under the name ChiliDragon)

I could stop here and leave my thanks general in nature, but I wanted to call out a few things specifically that I am grateful for before I call it a post.

1. Thank you for not only releasing an extremely well polished game but continuing to improve it post-release. The level of polish on even the unpatched PC version of Witcher 3 given the game's size and scale was amazing. That CDPR did not rest on those laurels and continued to patch and improve on the release state for months afterwards despite not really needing to that badly IMO borders on being truly exceptional.

2. Thank you for continuing to listen and work on what few areas of the game were considered just a touch disappointing. For example, as someone who hasn't read many of the books this series is based upon, on my first playthrough of Witcher 3 I found Yennefer to not at all be an attractive romance option compared to Triss. Her coming in only in the third and last game of the series put at an even further disadvantage to individuals like myself who have only experienced the setting through the games. CDPR listened to it's fans and expanded on this area where, again, it didn't really need to.

3. Thank you for caring enough about the side quests in your world to make them truly interesting and fun to play content, and not simply filler. I admit that when I heard that Witcher 3 was going to be an open world game, I assumed it would be filled with time wasting filler. I was wrong. And I'm glad that I was.

4. Thank you for continuing to allow mod support for your games. There is some fantastic user created content out there and it allows for me to customize a few things that I personally prefer that I can understand that others might not. (Such as allowing oils to last a little longer so I don't have to apply them so often.)

5. Thank you for how you handled your DLC. The Hearts of Stone expansion was amazing. While it didn't really tie into the main storyline as much as I might have liked and felt a bit like a separate "Tales from Geralt's Wanderings", it nevertheless told an amazing story and was worth every penny and more. Similarly, while I know that some of the ongoing free DLC was likely also an attempt to get people to keep and not sell their copy of the game to the used game market, generate goodwill, and incentivize players to keep playing so that they'd be more likely to buy the expansions, it was still great content and a nice little bit of spice to add to an already fantastic meal.

6 Thank you for delaying the game several times. I know that gamers can get impatient and frustrated with delays, but the game clearly benefited and it shows. This matters in an age where a lot of games have set budgets and are shoved out the door whether they are ready or not when the deadline comes along or the budget runs out.

7. Thank you for actually finishing the story, and finishing it in a way that felt right and appropriate. So many developers have no intention of ever wrapping up a story of a successful franchise. (Hey Ubisoft!) or they also make grand promises of how your choices will be impactful and finish the story badly. (Hello Bioware!) But Witcher 3 brought resolution and closure. With how great the game was, CDPR could have left loose threads and immediately moved onto Witcher 4. But you didn't. You finished the story in a way that is satisfying and makes the player feel a sense of accomplishment. I cannot describe how much more likely I am to buy Cyberpunk 2077 as a result.

8. Most of all, thank you for how important you considered the writing of your game to be. For me personally, good narrative and character development are essential to a truly great game. Having excellent gameplay is also important, but to truly get invested in what's going on is a special gift that not all games deliver. I cared what happened to many of the characters in this game. Little things like the drinking scene between Geralt, Eskel and Lambert can make the difference between a very good game and an all-time masterpiece and CDPR took the extra time and effort so often in this game.

I could definitely continue to go on, but I suspect that I've made my point.

I'm a very grateful fan and my sincerest appreciation is all that I can really give back aside from Limited Edition preorders of your next game whenever it becomes available, which I will certainly be doing.

Last edited:
@Burza46 Witcher 3 has also won another GOTY from GameSpot!

This game is a masterpiece. Thank you CDPR for being so amazing and actually caring for your costumers. You've gained 1 new faithful fan here. This is my first CDPR game and I was blown away. You guys are, hands down, the best game developers in the industry. No doubt about it. No game out there, right now, can come close to The WItcher 3. None. I LOVE YOU!

Overall GOTY's from media: http://gotypicks.blogspot.com/

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 68
The Critics' Picks - 49
The Readers' Picks - 19

Fallout 4 - 16
The Critics' Picks - 13
The Readers' Picks - 3

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - 12
The Critics' Picks - 12
The Readers' Picks -

Bloodborne - 9
The Critics' Picks - 8
The Readers' Picks - 1

W3 won by a long shot. Congrats!

The Witcher 3 was too amazing. Can't enjoy other RPGs anymore. Tried to enjoy Fallout 4 but I can't. Feels like a boring chore after the awesomeness of The Witcher 3 and the equally amazing Hearts of Stone expansion. Need to start another playthrough. To get my fix.

So thank you CDPR for making this amazing game and damn you for ruining other RPGs for me! :p

Last edited:
As a colorblind man for over 30 years now, thank you from the bottom of my heart

As I played the witcher 3, I couldn't believe how amazing the game was. The atmosphere, story telling, everything hearkened back to the days of Neverwinter Nights and the Swords Coast games. I played the game for 48 hours straight, snorting many lines of cocaine in the process just to keep on going, it was that good. The only griped I had was that the red marker were indistinguishable, so I would be doing a quest that took 10 minutes, about 1.5 hours because I couldn't see anything.

Just then I looked at the patch notes and noticed colorblind mode was supported, and I nearly wept tears of joy. This was the first in the industry for me, and just goes to show how much CDPR cares for it's fans. I bought the DLC without a second thought, and will do so for the upcoming one. I also returned my used copy to gamestop and bought a new one, since I know that's how game companies make their money.

What took me 48 hours of playing now only took me 27, since I know where to go and what to look for. My neighbor who happens to be a neurologist said to not do anymore 8 balls, to which I replied "have you played the witcher 3?" to which he said no. The gaff of this man. Anyway, thank you from the deepest of my hearts for colorblind mode. In your honor I shall name my firstborn Geralt or Ciri.

Only recently found the Witcher series...and OMG I'm loving it, now got all three games, and all the books.

Top Bottom