The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
im thinking about gather some fans , grab some swords and storm the studios and destroy everything they have about the new "Cyber Project" to force them keep investing in The Witcher series!

If you mean to carry out this daring scheme, @Sardukhar and his troupe may have a little something to say about your proposed strategy . . . .

This game definetly deserves a praise so i will take this time to write something adressing the game and its developers and everyone who worked on this project.Let me begin by saying that i am not just a weekend gamer. I've been playing games for.. well over 25 years now, i've explored all possible consoles and worlds but i still sort of stuck with the PC the most. I am a HUGE fan of games of this genre and having played thousands of games like this overal i have about this much to say about the Witcher series and Witcher 3 :

It is BY FAR the best money i've ever spent for a game and with such a masterpiece i truly was surprised games like this can still be made today. I honestly haven't played anything this good since Gothic 2 : Night of The Raven was out back in the day and it still doesn't come close to how much better and how much longer the Witcher 3 journey was. And the best part of it is it's not even over! Played through the DLC which was amazing only to discover we have another one coming in! I strongly aproove and applaud for EVERYONE at CDPR for makin this masterpiece this jewel of gaming and to give us a chance to play through it all. CDPR showed everyone how it's done with a game that really deserves all the credit it's getting and i would be more then happy to pay for anything that comes even close to what Witcher 3 came out to be.There were of course things in this game that could use some fixing like for example the horse and minor UI faults(which i heard were mostly fixed in 1.12!) because let's be honest Roach sometimes really acts like a proper horse version of moonmoon but these small bugs and issues are so tiny you have to look really close to actually see any of them! And it is understandable as far as tastes go you cannot and will not please everybody.So the game for me isn't 10/10, it isn't perfect (but let's face it what is perfect?) but it does come so close to that.. so incredibly close to absolute perfection that i am still simply...blown away.

So again a big grand salute to everyone who made this game possible and if it ever comes to another game coming in the future CDPR is the first group of people i will look up to.

Attachments

• 12323.jpg
    12323.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I'm on my first playthrough of this game at the moment as I held off buying it because I tend to go for games that allow me to create my own character, but after being left somewhat underwhelmed (understatement) by the recent offering from another company I bought Witcher 3

The level of depth to just about everything in this game has astonished me even though I have already played Witchers 1 and 2

The gameworld is beautiful and has me standing on hillsides watching sunsets quite often, the crafting system is complex yet easy to understand, character progression seems well paced and not throwing levels at you every five minutes and skill advancement is well balanced.

But the pearl of it all is CDPR's story telling, it's like being in a good book by your favorite author, I'm enthralled and am having to drag myself away from the game every night and can't wait to get stuck in again the next day.

Well done CDPR.

I could write a long and elaborate post about how Witcher 3 has been one of the most memorable experiences in my life, but I'm too busy trying to clean up all of my stained panties.

Goddamn you, CD Projekt.

All my other games are ruined now because of Witcher 3

As the title says, I completed Witcher 3 a few days ago, and since then all the other games I've tried to play are just laughable by comparison. CD Projekt Red, you guys are are pure genius incarnate. I've been a big fan of the series since Witcher 1, but number 3 has just taken things to a whole new level of greatness. The world looks amazing, the story telling and role playing are fantastic, (especially given that you threaded it together so expertly in an open world), and Geralt is just hands down the coolest badass protagonist ever (hats off to the voice actor for him, and all the other characters, too). And that soundtrack!

Really, you make Bethesda, Ubisoft, and Bioware look like incompetent, money grubbing chumps.
I started playing AC Unity after I completed Witcher 3, and the story just failed to grip me. The world, despite looking quite beautiful, just failed to immerse me. It just has no heart or soul. Additionally, these other companies have really crossed the line with all their micro-transactions and in game real-money currencies. it's reached the point of absurdity. Meanwhile, you guys release a bunch of free content, and the expansions you do charge for really are 'expansions' (not core content stripped from the game), and are worth every penny.

I hope other companies see the praise and accolades you guys have received (and well deserve), and take serious note.
Hail to the conquering heroes!

This is the future of gaming, I can't look back at other devs and say they're great anymore.
Keep on delivering, CD Project, you are the future.

Thank you CD Project RED

I finished my first play through of the Wild Hunt last night. WOW
I have not had the pleasure of playing the past games so it took me a long time to commit to this one. Earlier this month I just finished my Fallout 4 platinum and wondered what would fill the void. There sat my un-opened Witcher 3 next to my ps4. I never thought I would finish the game and have the feeling I wished I would have played it before Fallout. Believe it or not I stayed out of the spoiler internet and new very little about this game. I did watch some videos to catch up on Witcher 1 and 2 stories.

Thank you for your attention to detail
Thank you for showing what a developer that loves it's game can do
Thank you for building a nearly perfect game
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to join this world and characters

I will never again miss one of your games as soon as it comes out.
Thank you

I have not had the pleasure of playing the past games so it took me a long time to commit to this one. Earlier this month I just finished my Fallout 4 platinum and wondered what would fill the void. There sat my un-opened Witcher 3 next to my ps4. I never thought I would finish the game and have the feeling I wished I would have played it before Fallout. Believe it or not I stayed out of the spoiler internet and new very little about this game. I did watch some videos to catch up on Witcher 1 and 2 stories.

Thank you

Amen to that! the Witcher series is... yea.. i've soaked about 160+ hours into W3, and got a feeling that B&W is gonna be a TRUCK load of more fun!

W3 is more or less a benchmark for modern RPGs. I mean what Bethesda did with Skyrim, CDPR really raised the standards with this masterpiece. I spent nearly 200 hours on my first playthrough of base game + HoS. Started NG+ the other day. Can't wait for BaW.

W3 is more or less a benchmark for modern RPGs. I mean what Bethesda did with Skyrim, CDPR really raised the standards with this masterpiece. I spent nearly 200 hours on my first playthrough of base game + HoS. Started NG+ the other day. Can't wait for BaW.

I mostly agree but there are a few things that are not up to par, compared to Skyrim or whatever.

First, player progression - let's just say it leaves a lot to be desired and exploration. The latter is just non-existant in this game. There are a lot of beautiful landscapes, of course, but they rarely have something worthwhile. Most of exploration is done through putting a marker on yet another question mark and going there, not from seeing something from the distance and feeling compelled to go check it out.

The final nail in the exploration's coffin is the progression system in itself, deviate from following the main quest here and there and get overlevelled and consequentially unchallanged. That alone made me feel like I was punished for exploring, not rewarded as it shoud have been.

@burnedheal Could I nicely ask you to change your avatar picture? Nice way to hijack one I must say.

Last edited:

Thank you

When you make a game with love and passion - you get something like W3.

I mostly agree but there are a few things that are not up to par, compared to Skyrim or whatever.

First, player progression - let's just say it leaves a lot to be desired and exploration. The latter is just non-existant in this game. There are a lot of beautiful landscapes, of course, but they rarely have something worthwhile. Most of exploration is done through putting a marker on yet another question mark and going there, not from seeing something from the distance and feeling compelled to go check it out.

The final nail in the exploration's coffin is the progression system in itself, deviate from following the main quest here and there and get overlevelled and consequentially unchallanged. That alone made me feel like I was punished for exploring, not rewarded as it shoud have been.

@burnedheal Could I nicely ask you to change your avatar picture? Nice way to hijack one I must say.

@iCake uhm, i actually googled : Witcher 3 Avatar Picture, and this one came up. but i shal just find a new one, if it means so much to you :p Tho, wouldent call a google publicly posted picture for a hijack :p

Last edited:
I have just finished the game.. after 4 months basically.. and I really have to say.. Thank you CDPR, for the most beautiful and emotional game ever made. I enjoyed every second of it. I really, really love you guys for all the attention to detail, the book references, the funny little quests, the breathtaking environments, and on and on I could go for an hour. Here I am sitting writing this, and I find myself wishing I haven't finished the game yet. I loved the story, I have to say I'm not one to get really emotional but.. yeah it happened more than once. I can't believe how deeply I cared for most of the characters, and that's thanks to you. Ah, I don't even know what else to say, I'm lost for words, so I'll just say again. Thank you SO much, for this game, I love it, and I know I will replay it moooore than a few times. Still have hearts of stone to go, but I'll leave that for a bit later. Thank you CDPR.

I want to say thank you to the Witcher 3 Devs and I'm sorry

Hi all, I hope I'm posting this in the correct area. The purpose of this post is that I want to say thank you to all the developers and people who worked on such a great game. I've been a fan of the series since the first one. The visuals in The Witcher 3 are awesome along with the story and the gameplay. Course I'm sure you already know that :D

But I also want to say that I'm sorry because of a past action that I feel bad about on my part and for taking so long to get the courage to do something about it. I know that most likely no one will remember it at all and that it doesn't really matter anymore, but I still feel the need to apologize. If anything for closures sake.

I was going to school for doing 3d modeling and had gone to PAX Prime in 2014 and like many of the people there I went in to see the game booth for the Witcher 3. It was awesome and the person who played the preview demo for it did really good. :) At the end of the demo they had a short amount of time for questions and answers. Then I did it. Instead of asking a good question about the gameplay, or their favorite part of when they were making the game, I got nervous and ended up asking about the poster we were going to get at the end of the session. I felt like such an idiot :facepalm2:. I mean how inconsiderate could I be, especially since I know he and the rest of the devs had put a lot of work into the game and the convention, and I asked something like that. I've wanted to apoligize for it ever since. No one needs to respond to this thread. I just want the devs to know that I do appreciate their work.

Top Bottom