The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
This will now be my second reply to this thread. I have now completed the game three times with the final time including the Blood and Wine expansion. I have played this game so much and somehow I never stop being impressed by it. I finished Blood and Wine somewhere in June and started playing some other games again. I even went back and remodded my Skyrim with the latest and greatest ENB and other graphics mods (I do not personally like mods that change core game mechanics or add additional quests). I even really enjoyed my time with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (despite feeling like there was too much left out, but not enough to justify a sequel). The thing that amazed me though, is how little I cared to pick those games back up. I played through DE:MD one time and simply did not have a desire to jump right back in. I was feeling great about my modded Skyrim (I started playing again due to my step son getting into it) but as much as I enjoyed the nostalgia, the experience felt subpar.

So a few days ago I booted up The Witcher 3 again and as soon as the Blood and Wine theme began to play on the title screen I felt myself becoming excited. I had played the game through three times and spent over 500 hours with the game and here I was feeling excited to dive back in (I know those hours are nothing for some people but I have much less time for games than I used to). I had never done a New Game+ in any game before so I decided to try it out. As soon as the introduction scene started I began to think back over the quests and interactions in this game and how much better made this game is than any other I have played. I remembered how much this game felt like a truly complete experience from start to finish and I was so excited even knowing every single quest I was going to complete, every big decision I was going to make. That for me is something special and across my 20 years of gaming I have a hard time remembering feeling like that at any time for a game.

CD Projekt Red is comprised of a truly gifted group of developers and the blood, sweat, and tears they poured into this game are evident everywhere you go as Geralt of Rivia. In addition to the amazing talent that this game is testament to, the company offers one of the most pro-consumer models in gaming. It is honestly incredible to feel like this is a company that gives you everything you wanted (and sometimes things you didn't even know you wanted).

I know that some people may disagree with what I have said so far, but this thread is so old I doubt anyone is even going to read this. Whether or not this message of mine is read I want to personally thank everyone at CDPR for providing me a product that has given (and continues to give) me so much enjoyment. I hope that all of you enjoy success in your lives.

Last edited:
...(and sometimes things you didn't even know you wanted).

I know that some people may disagree with what I have said so far, but this thread is so old I doubt anyone is even going to read this.

That first part is definitely true :p After five games so far, the magic is still there.

And yes, people are still reading this thread :)

Dear CDPR,
You heard and answered my pleas, how can I ever thank you enough!
I finally hold in my hands the most precious disc ever created! A disc which holds all your precious work in its final complete and perfect form.

Thankyou so very much for releasing The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Game Of The Year edition, (ps4) you have made me so happy, words nearly fail me and tears well. You have no idea how much joy I feel, for now I am able to travel with Geralt on all his journeys, even to the beautiful Toussaint, where up until now I have only glimpsed its beauty from still pictures or a short trailer. What a wonderful production this is, the pinnacle of Geralts' tale in its entirety including all the DLC, Expansions, bug fixes and all the changes that have enhanced this game to utter perfection. I may have only just started to play the GOTY edition but the improvements, though subtle, are immediately noticeable in comparison to the Collectors edition disc I had been playing with no patches whatsoever. (The explanations, handling of books and scrolls etc in the inventory and to my surprise a chest for my use at the White Orchard Inn). My eagerness to see what other wonderful inclusions await my astonishment, can barely be contained.

I know it must seem strange to those who have a reliable and unlimited internet connection, but to me, who must suffer the ever growing frustration of a severely restricted and lacking internet service, this GOTY disc is everything I could have hoped and dreamed of possessing, it is my treasure. Of course I also purchased the magnificent Complete Strategy Guide, how wonderful it is too, more beautiful, colourful, utterly "golden" book pages for my collection. There is truly not another company out there that listens to its fanbase as you have consistently proven to do. I wish you every success in all of your future endeavours. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart!

I know it must seem strange to those who have a reliable and unlimited internet connection, but to me, who must suffer the ever growing frustration of a severely restricted and lacking internet service, this GOTY disc is everything I could have hoped and dreamed of possessing, it is my treasure.

This is indeed very good point of view :) A good reminder for the rest of us that even the now-so-obvious stash wasn't there from the beginning. It was added with patch. I had serious troubles with my inventory before that, because I just couldn't let go of my precious things. Specially because it was my first time with this game and I didn't know what to keep and what to sell.

I have bought the game on disc when it was released, downloaded DLCs and I even bought the expansions twice, but still I'm going to get this GOTY edition because I want to have it all in the disc :)

Thank you CDPR

[Caution: Plot spoilers below]

I was going to make a seperate thread but then I found this one and figured it would be the most appropriate place.

I just wanted to thank CDPR for their unintentional help in getting over the death of my father, I had been slowly progressing in TW3 since so much of my time was spent caring for him.

Temaria, as horrible a place as it is and as unforgivable as most of the inhabitants are, became my place of respite while looking after my dad while he was ill. His condition declined and he ended up on life support in hospital so I shelved the game and focused my energies on being with him and helping support my mother through this tough time. Not long after going on to life support my dad passed away in May this year and as selfish as it might seem, I didn't mourn him. I didn't get the chance. Too busy bustling after everyone else and making sure they were alright in the wake of our loss.

Fast forward a couple of months and in desperate need of a break from everything I break out TW3 again. I poured all my energies into the game playing 12 - 14 hours a day just trying to forget and then came the Battle of Kaer Morhen. Despite everything, gathering all my forces, planing as best I could (and later finding out there was nothing I could do to stop it anyway)
Vesemir died trying to save Ciri.
It broke me in a way I wasn't expecting. I sat in front of my computer and bawled my eyes out everything that I had stuffed away about my fathers death came flooding out of me all because of a game. I played on (after gathering myself) and reached
Vesemir's Funeral pyre
and wouldn't you know it. I broke down again. I could identify with every emotion the characters were displaying and it was too much. CDPR and TW3 broke me on a fundimental level exactly when I needed breaking. The follow up missions with Ciri,
where we hunted down Imlerith & the crones
were exactly what I needed at that time. That cathartic release of vengence. Even though my father had passed away to age and illness those quests and that series of events helped me come to terms with it and I doubt I'll ever be able to thank CDPR properly for it but I thought that at least I should try to let them know how deeply their game effected me.

I doubt any of the staff will ever read this but at least the people here in the community can know. I have so much to be thankful to CDPR for and The Witcher 3 has become my favourite game of all time, not for the story, graphics, gameplay or soundtrack, which are all wonderful but for a much more personal reason.

best game i played in my life (i am 42) thanks cd projekt

I write just to give my thanks to cd projekt for developing the best game of all times, never in my life(playing games since 1986) i have played a game where characters were son real (i played all GTA games, baldur gate games, torment...). The quality of the actors and actresses performance, the designers of the game, and all the people involved in the development of the game should be very proud of themselves. I will miss you Geralt of Rivia,but i will read you in the novels. Now concentrate in cyberpunk 2077, i will buy it as soon as the preorder is available. My life is not going to be the same. I am listening the OST of the game right now (thanks to the composers of the music also). What more can i say, is a masterpiece. bye see you in cyberpunk 2077

I was going to make a seperate thread but then I found this one and figured it would be the most appropriate place.

I just wanted to thank CDPR for their unintentional help in getting over the death of my father, I had been slowly progressing in TW3 since so much of my time was spent caring for him.

Temaria, as horrible a place as it is and as unforgivable as most of the inhabitants are, became my place of respite while looking after my dad while he was ill. His condition declined and he ended up on life support in hospital so I shelved the game and focused my energies on being with him and helping support my mother through this tough time. Not long after going on to life support my dad passed away in May this year and as selfish as it might seem, I didn't mourn him. I didn't get the chance. Too busy bustling after everyone else and making sure they were alright in the wake of our loss.

Fast forward a couple of months and in desperate need of a break from everything I break out TW3 again. I poured all my energies into the game playing 12 - 14 hours a day just trying to forget and then came the Battle of Kaer Morhen. Despite everything, gathering all my forces, planing as best I could (and later finding out there was nothing I could do to stop it anyway)
It broke me in a way I wasn't expecting. I sat in front of my computer and bawled my eyes out everything that I had stuffed away about my fathers death came flooding out of me all because of a game. I played on (after gathering myself) and reached
Vesemir's Funeral pyre
and wouldn't you know it. I broke down again. I could identify with every emotion the characters were displaying and it was too much. CDPR and TW3 broke me on a fundimental level exactly when I needed breaking. The follow up missions with Ciri,
were exactly what I needed at that time. That cathartic release of vengence. Even though my father had passed away to age and illness those quests and that series of events helped me come to terms with it and I doubt I'll ever be able to thank CDPR properly for it but I thought that at least I should try to let them know how deeply their game effected me.

I doubt any of the staff will ever read this but at least the people here in the community can know. I have so much to be thankful to CDPR for and The Witcher 3 has become my favourite game of all time, not for the story, graphics, gameplay or soundtrack, which are all wonderful but for a much more personal reason.

They read the forum. And definately topics like these.

I empathise and wish you strength.

Vesemir's Funeral pyre

Really sorry to hear about your loss. Good to hear you're feeling better now. Will definitely pass your message on to the team.

Just finished Blood and Wine (well, the Main Quest, that is!). What a fantastic ending to the game!
First a meaningful conversation with Regis, then back to Geralt's home where Yennefer had just arrived.

Thanks CDPR!

I completed Wild Hunt and Hearts of Stone. I'm currently playing Blood & Wine and I keep wanting to stop myself from playing only because I know there is no more Witcher once I'm done. And I can't stand the thought of finishing this absolutely gorgeous & amazing game. I am truly blown-away at what CDPR has accomplished. I'm 48 years old and have vivid memories of playing the game "Adventure" on the Atari 2600 when I was a young boy. When I think of playing that game 36 years ago and to then experience everything that is possible now in Witcher 3 is just mind-boggling.
Thank you, CD Projekt Red. You guys deserve all the accolades that you're receiving for this masterpiece.

Last edited:
41 Year old, completing the Wild Hunt. Looking forward to Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine. You guys have made the best game I have ever played and boy, have I played videogames. 30 years of gaming and the Witcher seires shines like a beacon. Thank you and keep up the good work.

Witcher 3 is the most amazing RPG I've ever played. Been playing RPG's since the Ultima Series back in the 1980's, and the amount of work and care that has gone into this game is just incredible. And the fact that you have given a range of difficulty settings makes this game playable by anyone. I could tell that you were a company that cared greatly about the games it creates way back when Witcher 1 was released, and the amount of work and content that you added to the game for free. You don't see many game companies doing that anymore.

And having come from playing Fallout 4 and using their forums, what a relief it is to go to these forums and have players, moderators, and even developers respond in an intelligent, respectful manner; as opposed to the current state of the Fallout forums which I won't even go into.

Stay independent my friends and set your own goals. I've seen too many companies (Bioware comes to mind) get bought up by larger corporations, only to see the quality of their work deteriorate over time.

400+ Hours---Best Game I've ever played

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I finally finished the game today after 400+ hours and pretty much saw every inch of the map and doing just about every quest I could find. I've played so many hundreds of games over the years from Pong, Atari, Intellivision, Colecovision, Nintendo and so on and so on....played games that have kept me addicted for months and years such as Baldurs Gate, World of Warcraft, Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, Ultima, Wizardry, Skyrim, Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda,..the list goes on and on...BUT...this game IMO was the most brilliantly put together masterpiece I have ever witnessed. The developers that gave us the privilege of playing this game (even if we paid them) deserve a HUGE thank you. It wasn't perfect, I was overpowered and had too much gold I never spent...but this game was like being a part of Games of Thrones. Thank you Developers.

That's it.

Keith

PS I highly recommend reading the books before playing. It made a huge difference appreciating the lore and characters. I did NOT play the first two games and didn't feel like I was missing anything...as there were enough books in game to occasionally read.

Last edited:
Witcher 3 is on par with Zelda and Pokemon

Without drawing direct comparisons, the Witcher 3 is a historic level of achievment in gaming, and will go down (or if it doesn't it absolutely should) in history books as one of the best games ever made. Not this year, not this decade, made. Period. Full stop, end of conversaton.

Also, it is so good that it made Skyrim bad for me. And I used to be one of the biggest Skyrim fans on the planet, but the Witcher makes Skyrim look like minecraft (and actually makes me angry, because I now know what Bethesda should've done if they gave a crap, but they are clearly interested in making an unoffensive streamlined experience for children who play on consoles, rather than making a serious and great game for men with a developed brain who weren't born yesteday).

All I wanted to say - just in case any of you devs are in need of additional rewards, here you go :) Thanks for staying on track, and don't you dare let the console finances dictate your game design choices!!

Last edited:
Hah. Another 41 year old. Just completed the full game w/ expansions. Straight up the best game I've ever played. Thank you for putting so much hard work into this series, and particularly this game. I can't wait to throw more money at you.

I'd be really proud...

My two favorite games in the top list and I never played WoW! =))

Attachments

• TW3 Gamespot 10.JPG
    TW3 Gamespot 10.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 132
Top Bottom