The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
Couldn't edit previous and the BBC code was removed in the transition to the new forum so...

Save

So I completed the Witcher 3. Finished main storyline twice(On the easiest difficulty and then on Death March) and both DLCs(both on Death March). I completed all side quests and gathered all possible gwent cards. I visited all question marks in White Orchard, Velen, Kaer Morhen and Skellige(I still have to find some in Toussaint). I completed all witcher contracts and treasure hunt quests. I crafted Archmaster Feline set(all 6 pieces + crossbow). This took me over 3 months and 200 hours and in between gaming sessions I just couldn't think about anything else. I ended my adventure with Geralt on level 52.

This is hands down the best game I have EVER played. I played Assassin's Creed series before, Far Cry series, Dishonored, GTA4/5 and many more games that felt amazing at the time I played them. But none of them came even close to the Witcher 3. The variety of choices, open world that works together so well. The side quests that actually have a story behind them. The DLCs which could as well be two separate games and still beat majority of today's games in terms of content and storyline. I loved the amount of information you could get from letters found in random places. I feel like I won't be able to enjoy any other game in the upcoming years. So yeay, thanks CD Projekt Red for delivering the best game of all time and making everything else look terrible in comparison to this masterpiece.

Last edited:
SageFox.326;n6898480 said:
What would this game had been if the game was like the trailers or just up to PC hardware capabilities.......

Oh, no, none of this Downgrade/What Could Have Been/TEH TRAILORZ!! crap talk again. Been there, done that. I see you -or anyone from Those Days - doing this again, you get infracted, then bounced.

Unapologetic gushing enclosed

This is the first time I have signed up for a game forum in ... 8+ years easy.. So I recently got my hands on Witcher 3, a bit late due to work commitments, and all I can say is:
How is any other company ever going to top that? The days with the in-game puirchasing, and ridiculous pre-order this to get this in-game, honestly the games industry is a warzone at the moment with companies just clammering for money and not giving anything really good back.

There's no point in me saying how amazing this game is because more important people have said and will say this over and over again, and everyone knows this, but I guess the main thing I was getting at is this is the first time in the history of my life that I feel like I ripped you guys off by paying so little for the game when you had that offer on GOG. I feel it should never have been offered at the price it was and if there was a way I could refund and pay full price for the game I definitely would. CD Projekt Red must easily be the Games Studio that fans love the most, and I can't wait to support you guys by buying every game you produce!

PS I'm a fluent Welsh speaker, and understood a lot of the Elder you guys put in the game, bonus points for you! :D
You're all gods at your craft please never ever ever stop doing what you are doing! :D And hello the rest of the community ^^

I bought the game like 3 weeks ago on Steam sale for 40 euro. I had Witcher 1 and 2 on Steam but I never played the actually. I didn't like the sword fighting on Witcher 1 so I never gave the games a chance. But now when I saw Witcher 3 I can only say it is one of the best games I ever played. Such story, graphics, choices, back stories, fighting, the immersion, the magnitude. It is stunning. I honestly think that Poland is a proper state after they made such a master piece. I can't play anything else since I started. I even restarted Witcher 1 to see what is going on there. Will play Witcher 2 after I finish this one. I bought the books and started reading The Last Wish. My mind moved to the "Continent". Thank you guys.

NICK.ALTMAN;n7110190 said:
I honestly think that Poland is a proper state after they made such a master piece..

Are you implying you didn't think that before, mate? Unwise.

:mean:

Prepare for the butthurt winged hussar charge. I shall lead!

:victory:

Last edited:
Nilhilion;n7117590 said:
Are you implying you didn't think that before, mate? Unwise.

:mean:

Prepare for the butthurt winged hussar charge. I shall lead!

:victory:

I always loved Winged Hussars. Especially in M&B With Fire and Sword. No need to get offended. Poland bested here many richer and bigger nations and showed them the way how games should be done. Not only running for DLC money. And the best thing it is a story form a Polish writer made by a Polish studio. I am reading the books now. And it is so awesome. Bravo CD Projekt Red!

I just wanted to say thanks to CDPR for fixing the dual core problem (that was introduced with v.1.07) and even improving the performance and visuals, it runs and looks much better than the initial release version (v.1.05 which I played mostly).

:cheers:

Daywalker30;n7130600 said:
I just wanted to say thanks to CDPR for fixing the dual core problem (that was introduced with v.1.07) and even improving the performance and visuals, it runs and looks much better than the initial release version (v.1.05 which I played mostly).

:cheers:

Glad to hear. Our dev team worked very hard to optimize the game.

Marcin_Momot;n7143540 said:
Glad to hear. Our dev team worked very hard to optimize the game.

Would be nice if it also related to the Xbox One version as well. Perhaps it will one day.

Last edited:
"You have been upgraded to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of the Year Edition! You are receiving this because you own The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and all its expansions on GOG.com. Don't worry, those games are still in your library - the GOTY Edition has been added as a separate product."

Just received this. I know it's the same game of what I already own, but still it's a separate product that they gave me absolutely FOR FREE! They didn't need to do that but they did :D
I suppose it's great for who decides to uninstall and then re-install the game after a while to replay it, but it's not my case as I will NEVER remove this masterpiece from my HD :p

How can you not love these guys? Honestly, thank you REDs!

When will CD Projekt RED remember that there is an Expansion Pass that never received a discount?

And in Brazil the Expansion Pass is really expansive, it cost 2/3 of the GOTY price, so with the discount the GOTY is cheaper than the Expansion Pass. That's really bad for those that pre-ordered the game or bought before the GOTY version was announced.

No Title

Holy shit! I just finished the Witcher 3!

​I've never spend 241 hours on a single player game without a single mod before. After my first playthrough on normal mode I made a second game with ng+, both addons and on death march. I explored every possible corner of the game.
​I couldn't finish Skyrim without mods, and I stopped to play dragon age inquisition because it's quest design bored me to death. But I enjoyed every minute of tw3. The Graphics, the combat system, the detailed landscapes, the storytelling, the little side stories that can be found everywhere... everything encouraged me to keep playing. With small breaks every now and then it took me nearly a year to accomplish that, but now every single question mark is encountered, and (hopefully) every Quest solved.

​So thank you CDPR for that awesome experience! For me, it's the best game I've ever played.

​Edit: The Soundtrack! How could I forget the Soundtrack? Hands down to the creators. It was really something unique and not you typical Jeremy Soul / Hans Zimmer style of music.

Attachments

• photo85610.jpg
    photo85610.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
This will be a little different message that you propably read before.

When I was a little "boy" in times of PSX and Sega Saturn you as "CD Projekt" (without Red) started distribution of foreign games in Poland. Playing "Baldurs Gate" saga and "Red Alert" localized by you was nothing more than pure fun. I know that back in that days you weren't the only one and if I remember correctly Techland was your major competitor. But localization of their games was almost alwas (in some kind) broken.

You showed your dedication to games and improved from that point to scale what was before unthinkable in our country.

Thank you CD Projekt Red for all Whichers and I can't wait for CP 2077.
Dziękuję CD Projekt Red za Wiedźmina i nie mogę się doczekać CP 2077.

I think that people who can say that kind of words with such confidence with what they did before game ever seen public like here:
https://youtu.be/2HGhm0H7d68?t=3m59s
are some who knew what they created and how much they have to sacrafice during the process.

Last edited:
Dear CD Projekt RED, I love you, I thank you but I also don't thank you that much.

Why? Well because now, when I want to play a video game I feel the emptiness left by the game and therefore I can't enjoy any other games because I miss that unique Witcher experience. I miss the perfect writing (really, you put to shame every other games), the endearing characters (I never looked around a game world for so many characters just to talk to them), the beautiful and various regions (main game was already a feast, and you brought up then Toussaint, a region I wanted to explore without knowing it) and the deep gameplay, from combat to investigation. I could go on and on but you know what you created.

The emptiness, first after the main game but luckily I bought the GOTY version (no PS4 before, PC rig too low) so I knew that emptiness wouldn't last long, but then I finished both expansions, thoroughly just like the main game. And what an experience it was, I've been playing video games for more than two decades now with a preference for solo game that could offer an epic journey/adventure. You nailed it! There's nothing wrong with this game (how's that possible?). That makes it a unique experience in a lifetime of a gamer but then, what then? That emtpiness without cure...

Until your next title I hope.

Thank you very much to everyone who worked/contributed to make The Witcher 3 what it is. An experience like no other! (all entertainment forms taken into account)

Thanks CDProjekt

Thanks for create this game, I've enjoyed a lot playing this game. You have to be proud of your work. You have a new customer.

Top Bottom