The Witcher 3 CIS pricing

+
I was really impressed by the previews of The Witcher 3 and pre-ordered it on Steam early, something I don't really regret, but ultimately didn't feel like a good decision.
CDPR set the standard for how DLCs should be produced and I'm not saying it's not worth its price.
Though, it kinda hurts that I, as an early buyer, gets penalized for pre-ordering due to weird pricing on Steam.
To the point, this is what the pricing looks like in my CIS region:

The Witcher 3 (Base game): 359 RUB ($5.7) - 70% off
The Witcher 3 GOTY (Game + Exp. Pass): 450 RUB ($7.15) - 70% off
The Witcher 3 Expansion Pass: 399 RUB ($6.35) - 60% off

For less than a dollar more than the expansion pass, I could buy the GOTY edition with all DLCs included.
I've always regarded CDPR as a great and compassionate company, but this pricing model is kinda shitty, why not at least have expansion pass at 70% off?
I've been holding off on pre-ordering Cyberpunk solely because of this, feels like I should just wait for the bundle after a year.

I don‘t see your point. More or less every PC game is on sale after a few months. And of course 2 to 4 years after the release it will be even cheaper. That‘s how it usually works.

It's not that it's on sale.
You are almost paying the same price for only the expansion pass as you would for buying the GOTY edition, both on sale, which includes the base game as well. That's what bothers me.
I wouldn't mind paying a 25% markup or something due to buying base game at release, but this is ridiculous.

I would rather buy the GOTY and gift the base game to someone else, but that I cannot do either.
Even then, the recipient would still be forced to pay near the cost of a complete bundle to buy the expansion pass.

Again, the main game is 4 years old, the game of the year edition 3 years old.

It‘s normal, that you get it cheaper now. Be that because of a sale and/or simply the fact, that games get a lot cheaper after a while. No matter if it is Witcher 3, or Fallout 4 or GTA V. That‘s just the way it is.

I believe what the OP meant to say is what IO Interactive sought to do with Hitman (2016). The plan was to release a game that players can buy, through the full priced version, without the need to pay for any additional content that gets included later in the game. No paid DLCs, no microtransactions, no season passes, and future missions, other than the ones already paid for, were to obtained for free.

I simply mean it is greedy to only have a 60% sale on expansion pass but 70% sale on GOTY, so that they are almost the same price. I don't mind paying for a proper expansion pass, but it just sucks to pay as much for only the DLC as I would for the complete bundle in these sales.

Take that up with Steam, OP.

Speaking of, I am looking at the pricing ( I'm in the US) and it says:
TW3= $11.99
TW3 GOTY = $14.99
TW3 SP = $9.99

So what's the problem? Do you think the SP should be only $3.00, since that's the difference between TW3 and TW3 GOTY?

Top Bottom