The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition - availability information

+
Well, i really wanted the CE of the Witcher 3 so I ordered it on amazon.de. But i feel not very comfortable with it. I think i am going to order it on gog too.

I want to get the CE and have been looking into ways to getting it, but so far it doesn't look like it's available anywhere for Canada residents. Really disappointed about that. I hope the stores updated by Monday and it's made available then. Couldn't even order from Amazon.com and pay exorbitant shipping fees, it just doesn't let me :(

Worse comes to worse I'll get it off ebay, but for now I'll keep hoping it shows up next week.
You too huh? wierd. Why are us Canadians ALWAYS getting screwed on this?

You too huh? wierd. Why are us Canadians ALWAYS getting screwed on this?

Canadians should go on strike.

It's just a joke, friend.
Oh. Kinda used to people lampooning us about everything.... Hell, I've even gotten used to not being able to order off sites like Amazon because they hilariously cannot ship a item across the border; our version of Amazon is a fucking joke.

Oh. Kinda used to people lampooning us about everything.... Hell, I've even gotten used to not being able to order off sites like Amazon because they hilariously cannot ship a item across the border; our version of Amazon is a fucking joke.

Sorry, I thought the South Park picture would lighten the mood.

I completely understand where you're coming from. Ubisoft constantly shafts me when it comes to Collector's Editions too.

@High King - you mentioned earlier that you'd got it from Amazon with shipping to SEA. Can I ask how much the shipping was?

After the last discussion, I started to think about getting it shipped to Singapore if it becomes available from Amazon again, and then getting it forwarded from there to here. I think that Amazon ship there, and it may be lower charges than paying FedEx from the USA.

Sorry, I thought the South Park picture would lighten the mood.

I completely understand where you're coming from. Ubisoft constantly shafts me when it comes to Collector's Editions too.

Sorry for being rude... I'm just tired of being shafted on getting the nice toys because of where I live.

@High King - you mentioned earlier that you'd got it from Amazon with shipping to SEA. Can I ask how much the shipping was?

I honestly can't tell you because it's not the only item in the order; I placed it alongside AC:Unity CE, Several HC Artbooks, a 10lb bag of birdseed. If I include everything right now, total shipping cost would be in the hundreds (approx 200 at the slowest, 350 at the fastest speed), but I won't know how the cost is divided until the items ship.

Amazon's shipping cost is a combination of size (dimensions) and weight. If it's within certain dimensions, and doesn't exceed a particular weight, they charge you the standard 35 bucks for international shipping (express). If it's heavy though, like a bird cage I purchased (even though it was dismantled and the dimensions weren't terribly large) which weighed 12.6 lbs, the shipping cost was 105.76 USD for the fastest speed (the cage itself was only 40 bucks).

I just checked out with the same cage (12.6 lbs), using the slowest speed, it's 62 bucks to ship.

But isn't Amazon out of stock now?

Edit: I have no idea how Amazon calculates shipping. I can't test with the Witcher 3 CE now, but Assassin's Creed Unity CE only costs 35 bucks to ship at the fastest speed (and 10 bucks at the slowest; there's even free shipping), but when it comes to the Skyrim CE which is 12lbs as well, I'm assuming it's going to cost the same as the bird cage (12.6lbs).

Last edited:
Today i pre-ordered the COLLECTORs EDITION(PC VERSION) in price of 140€ on plaisio.gr !! Hell yeah i'm waiting for this :comeatmebro:

Last edited:
Fellow Canuck? Hooray.... Misery loves company I guess....

No, The Philippines. As mentioned earlier, this isn't an issue unique to your country. (But one of the moderators *IS* Canadian. He can't get the CE either. :( )

I honestly can't tell you because it's not the only item in the order; I placed it alongside AC:Unity CE, Several HC Artbooks, a 10lb bag of birdseed. If I include everything right now, total shipping cost would be in the hundreds (approx 200 at the slowest, 350 at the fastest speed), but I won't know how the cost is divided until the items ship.

Amazon's shipping cost is a combination of size (dimensions) and weight. If it's within certain dimensions, and doesn't exceed a particular weight, they charge you the standard 35 bucks for international shipping (express). If it's heavy though, like a bird cage I purchased (even though it was dismantled and the dimensions weren't terribly large) which weighed 12.6 lbs, the shipping cost was 105.76 USD for the fastest speed (the cage itself was only 40 bucks).

I just checked out with the same cage (12.6 lbs), using the slowest speed, it's 62 bucks to ship.

But isn't Amazon out of stock now?

Edit: I have no idea how Amazon calculates shipping. I can't test with the Witcher 3 CE now, but Assassin's Creed Unity CE only costs 35 bucks to ship at the fastest speed (and 10 bucks at the slowest; there's even free shipping), but when it comes to the Skyrim CE which is 12lbs as well, I'm assuming it's going to cost the same as the bird cage (12.6lbs).

Thanks, @High King - that does make me a little more hopeful that there might be something better than the US$250 quoted by FedEx from the US, if Amazon get more stock. I'll get in touch with old friends in S'pore and try to get an address I can borrow. :)

I appreciate you checking - the prices should be similar. I couldn't check myself as I made the silly mistake of deleting my S'pore address at Amazon when the building was demolished.

.... A 10lb bag of birdseed? You don't buy in bulk?

Last edited:
Pre-ordered in GAME.es (Spain) some days ago :D

This will be the first CE I'll have and I just love it. I wanna be a badass carrying that medallion!

Pre-ordered the collectors edition for PS4 from EB games. Medallion, Kick ass statue and an art book, how could I refuse.

Got the PC CE from Amazon but dayum, that’s expensive. I hope I can recoup some of my “losses” by later selling the statue, artbook and the steelcase (none of which I really care about). I mostly just wanted it for the wolf pendant :p ! Dammit, CDPR, why couldn’t you just sell it separately so that I could have supported you directly by buying the GOG version?

Top Bottom