The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition - availability information

+
Well shit, seems that the American Amazon is out of them for the system I have, the One. So that routes closed. Gamestop has them still.... how much longer do you think I should wait for EB to get off its ass? a week, tops?

***EDIT***

EB got back to me; here's my email about availability and their response... took them long enough!

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting EBGames.ca.

At this time we do believe that we will be taking preorders for this product.

However due to limited information we are unable to confirm when this product will be available for preorder.

As previously stated please check back with us at a later date. Please note that once the product is available more information will be available on EBGames.ca.

Feel free to contact us again if you have anymore questions or concerns regarding this matter.

Best Regards,
Marissa S.
EB Games Canada Customer Service
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Jun 17, 2014 11:38:11 AM
Subject: RE: Why no Collectors Edition Preorders? (#2697-428540751-9097)

So does this mean us in Canada are getting the short end of the stick? And that I should order it from someone else, say, Gamestop?

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 14:04:20 +0000
To: leejuriet@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Why no Collectors Edition Preorders? (#2697-428540751-9097)

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting EBGames.ca.

At this point in time we do not currently have information regarding the availability of this item in Canada, We are unsure if will be receiving this product from the manufacturer.

We apologize we are unable to provide you with more information at this time. Please check back with us at a later date.

Feel free to contact us again if you have anymore questions or concerns regarding this matter.

Best Regards,

Marissa S.

EB Games Canada Customer Service

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Jun 17, 2014 9:55:20 AM

Subject: Why no Collectors Edition Preorders?

Seriously, why does everywhere else BUT Canada get to preorder The Witcher 3: Collectors Edition? Is there a reason why there is still no way to preorder it off your website or instore?

I'm going into town today....I'll go pester my local EBgames, see if the guys know anything... I am worried though; this sorta screwup is new in my experience.

I did NOT have this sort of problem with Halo:Reach, or Assassins Creed: Black Flag...I wonder what changed?

Last edited:
Witcher 3 Collectors Edition in Canada

Rather than everyone clogging up ( and filling up ) the other posts/threads; I figured it's easier if we keep all that to one thread.

If you get news/updates/information from any Canadian vendors; put it here so we can all see.

This is what I have so far.

I have a friend at EB Games; he said that IF Canada gets the CE; then yes EB will be carrying it.
I got a direct PM from Marcin; and he said he is checking out the delay and will let us know for sure when he gets an update
My friend ( manager at Best Buy ) said if it's released in Canada; they WILL get it; but it may just be console versions ( Not 100% confirmed )

For now the best thing to do is pre-order it from gamestop.com. (US) because they have little to no tax; the total with shipping is around $172
Buying it from EB at a $150 price tag ( + 13% tax rate ) is about $169

So not a huge difference.

If I get any more info details on this; I'll 100% let you guys know.

Thanks, dak. Very useful. Hey, when Marcin talked to you, did you hear the faint sound of angels singing? I've always wondered and he won't talk to me after, you know...the pancake incident.

I might suggest that rather than a thread devoted solely to THE BEST COUNTRY IN MY WORLD, we might have a CE Edition Problems thread. If we don't already have one.

Threads merged. Please us this thread from now on to report on availability/problems with availability of TW3 Collector's Editions worldwide. Every other new thread on this topic will be merged into this one so there's one place to look for this type of information.

Welp, time to preorder from Gamestop then!

***EDIT*** What the HELL?! Gamestop doesn't let us Canadians use our Paypals!
"This recipient does not accept payments from non-U.S. PayPal accounts."

Oh COME ON MAN!

***Further Edit***

Okay stupid screwups! you win! I ACTUALLY used my VISA card for a Online Purchase. I HATE using my card, 'tis why I have Paypal.

"rder Confirmation

Thank you for your order. We appreciate your business!
Date: 06-17-2014
Order #: 4140617154222208
Amount: $174.98

Order Contents:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition 1 $149.99

Ship this package to:
46691 Crosby Place

Chilliwack, BC V2P ***
CA Shipping Method:
International - $24.99

I hate myself. Now to sit back and wait, impatiently. And get this; I don't even HAVE a One yet; I have the Kinectless one on order. Funny, no?

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch for trying to help keep Canadian fans aware of their options, guys. Especially dakondakblade.

There's only one thing I feel is important enough to point out about this:

For now the best thing to do is pre-order it from gamestop.com. (US) because they have little to no tax; the total with shipping is around $172
Buying it from EB at a $150 price tag ( + 13% tax rate ) is about $169

So not a huge difference.

Realistically, it COULD very easily end up costing us much more than that, because getting hit with costly customs fees/taxes is a very real possibility with a $150+ item being imported. I've been hit with fees at delivery for items that cost much less than this. Just something for Canadians to be aware of, if relying on GameStop US. I'd hate for anyone here to get blindsided by additional, unforeseen costs at the door.

Thanks, dak. Very useful. Hey, when Marcin talked to you, did you hear the faint sound of angels singing? I've always wondered and he won't talk to me after, you know...the pancake incident.

I might suggest that rather than a thread devoted solely to THE BEST COUNTRY IN MY WORLD, we might have a CE Edition Problems thread. If we don't already have one.

Haha fair enough.

And yes.. Angels singing " Chooooose Triss over Shani " sung sweet little hymns in my ear.
and yep feel free to merge threads; figured it would be easier than it popping up in almost every single thread to do with the CE

Welp, time to preorder from Gamestop then!

***EDIT*** What the HELL?! Gamestop doesn't let us Canadians use our Paypals!
"This recipient does not accept payments from non-U.S. PayPal accounts."

Oh COME ON MAN!

***Further Edit***

Okay stupid screwups! you win! I ACTUALLY used my VISA card for a Online Purchase. I HATE using my card, 'tis why I have Paypal.

"rder Confirmation

Thank you for your order. We appreciate your business!
Date: 06-17-2014
Order #: 4140617154222208
Amount: $174.98

Order Contents:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition 1 $149.99

Ship this package to:
46691 Crosby Place

Chilliwack, BC V2P ***
CA Shipping Method:
International - $24.99

I hate myself. Now to sit back and wait, impatiently. And get this; I don't even HAVE a One yet; I have the Kinectless one on order. Funny, no?

Negative. Halo Collection is the reason I'm picking up an Xbox One.. haha

It has been less than 2 weeks since they announced the CE; have some patience. I'm sure in the upcoming weeks or months, the pre-order availability for the CE will spread to other countries. Besides, it doesn't matter when you can pre-order the game, no one will be playing The Witcher 3 until February 24 of next year.

Well, I officially ordered from GS, just to be sure in case it doesn't become available in Canada or if they sell out before I can get one (who knows). Yay!

Last edited:
It has been less than 2 weeks since they announced the CE; have some patience. I'm sure in the upcoming weeks or months, the pre-order availability for the CE will spread to other countries. Besides, it doesn't matter when you can pre-order the game, no one will be playing The Witcher 3 until February 24 of next year.

Except that UNLIKE other Collectors editions, this one WILL be insanely rare, unlike Halo Reach... and Black Flag.... Black Ops...Ghosts.... I'm missing a few others aren't I?
Also, didya not see my post? I mean, when a corporation literally has no clue WHEN they are gettng something thats already been out for others for a week,, and is in CYA mode, you know somethings messed up.

Note: talking about EB here, not CD Projekt Red; CDPR's in my good books for caring about this sorta issue

Last edited:
guys do you think the price of the CE will go up high after sold out ? ... im thinking about ordering a second CE

guys do you think the price of the CE will go up high after sold out ? ... im thinking about ordering a second CE
Um, yes. I recall seeing copies of Reaches CE going for a minimum of $225 US on Ebay after it ran out. Admittidly, The Witcher doesn't have quite as many rabid fans who'd gleefully kill each other to get ahold of it, but still.... I also recall how hilariously high prices were for the CE for Ghosts, and the game wasn't even all that innovative, mostly just a rehash of previous games....

Except that UNLIKE other Collectors editions, this one WILL be insanely rare, unlike Halo Reach... and Black Flag.... Black Ops...Ghosts.... I'm missing a few others aren't I?
Also, didya not see my post? I mean, when a corporation literally has no clue WHEN they are gettng something thats already been out for others for a week,, and is in CYA mode, you know somethings messed up.

Note: talking about EB here, not CD Projekt Red; CDPR's in my good books for caring about this sorta issue

Trust me dude; I understand.. Marcin is doing all he can to help us. He's on our side in this; and I think what will happen is that if they resolve this; Canada would have say 1000 ( I pulled that number out of my ass as an example ) units. So say 100 ( min ) to each province; then bigger provinces such as Quebec, Ontario and B.C would get more copies. ( Once again an example )

There's literally nothing else he can do. He's doing what he can; and if EB wants to **** around; then the best way you can speak is by not buying stuff from them from now on.

It's a little unfair to target just EB though; since Best Buy, Futureshop and Amazon.ca all have the same issue ( I've asked all of them on updates )

Trust me dude; I understand.. Marcin is doing all he can to help us. He's on our side in this; and I think what will happen is that if they resolve this; Canada would have say 1000 ( I pulled that number out of my ass as an example ) units. So say 100 ( min ) to each province; then bigger provinces such as Quebec, Ontario and B.C would get more copies. ( Once again an example )

There's literally nothing else he can do. He's doing what he can; and if EB wants to **** around; then the best way you can speak is by not buying stuff from them from now on.

It's a little unfair to target just EB though; since Best Buy, Futureshop and Amazon.ca all have the same issue ( I've asked all of them on updates )

I could understand Amazon, their Canadian version is a joke, but futureshop and Best Buy? that's new; did their email also reveal corporate CYA like EB's answer did?

Has anyone tried contacting WB directly and asking them what retailers in Canada will be stocking it? The fact that ALL the retailers are unable to answer seems to imply that the problem is WB.

I could understand Amazon, their Canadian version is a joke, but futureshop and Best Buy? that's new; did their email also reveal corporate CYA like EB's answer did?

My friends BF is a manager/supervisor at BB. He said that's it's not in their system yet; but if it is he'll let me know.
I've also spoke to people directly at Fshop; and they also don't know when it'll be in system.

The good thing is you have one pre-ordered. So if Canada gets these in say July or August; you can get one from here. If they end up not carrying them; then you still have one pre-ordered.

Win win situation ( for now at least )

Has anyone tried contacting WB directly and asking them what retailers in Canada will be stocking it? The fact that ALL the retailers are unable to answer seems to imply that the problem is WB.

Tried sending them a FB message; email and on their FB wall. No response yet..
DOes anyone have Twitter here? That might be the best way to get hold of them; especially if people from different countries ( sorry Dragonbird; don't know which country you're in ) are having this issue.

( sorry Dragonbird; don't know which country you're in ) are having this issue.

Not relating to WB, they're only the distributor for North America, which is another reason why it seems like they're the ones causing the holdup for Canada, and why Canada seems to be in a worse position than the other countries covered by distribution agreements. (My own region doesn't have a distributor, which is why my pre-order was with Amazon, they seem to be the only one who had world-wide shipping).

Top Bottom