The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition - availability information

+
J E S U S C H R I S T .... Seriusly CDPR guys? You really want us to get robbed that hard? I will say one thing. If I will not manage to buy the game I love in the version I want, I will not buy it at all.

Please, stay calm :)
This is not CDPR fault. They can't do anything about that. Except for poland (where they are their own distributor) they have other distributors managing the selling of the CE. They can't do much about prices, taxes, etc.

I tried to buy the English CE for PS4 since the PC version is out of order. The price is 160 pounds with shipping. The cost in euros is that:
160.39 GBP = 201.182 EUR
J E S U S C H R I S T .... Seriusly CDPR guys? You really want us to get robbed that hard? I will say one thing. If I will not manage to buy the game I love in the version I want, I will not buy it at all.

I assume you mean you're buying from the UK?
So am I, and I'm paying 125 GBP, including shipping to SEA. Whatever the reason for the extra (tax, shipping, some retailer charging excessively), is probably not CDPR's fault.

I assume you mean you're buying from the UK?
So am I, and I'm paying 125 GBP, including shipping to SEA. Whatever the reason for the extra (tax, shipping, some retailer charging excessively), is probably not CDPR's fault.

Yes, UK, from Amazon and sending it to Greece. Did you preorder it the very first hours? Because only then was the price lower than 140.. And you really payed 125 Pounds Total? You lucky bast*rd.. :p

No, I ordered it on 15 June, well after the launch, because initially none of the Amazon sites were shipping here. The reason I'm paying less than you is because I live outside the EU so VAT was deducted, and because I chose the cheapest shipping option available. That's the price difference, and there's nothing that CDPR can do about either of those factors.

I wouldn't pay 200 for it either. I got it for £95 from Amazon UK back when it was super cheap. But if the price was over 200 I would stick to the standard edition, not even the medallion is worth that much to me.

I would recommend occasionally checking those places that deliver to your country. Sometimes people cancel their order and the game becomes available, especially towards the release date.

That's the problem..

I know. But it is still the CE with all its content. The statue or amulet don't need any language, the artbook is probably not translated or doesn't contain too much text..
Sure it*s not the best thing you can get, but Better the CE in a wrong language than no CE for me :D

Otherwise you can still buy the Xbox One edition on amazom.com, then you just have to buy the game on whatever platform you want (if pc, you can buy it on GOG for example).

Otherwise you can still buy the Xbox One edition on amazom.com, then you just have to buy the game on whatever platform you want (if pc, you can buy it on GOG for example).

That's what I tried to do in the first place but the total cost was 200 euros... I almost had a heart attack. And CDPR did nothing about this matter in the first place.

That's what I tried to do in the first place but the total cost was 200 euros... I almost had a heart attack. And CDPR did nothing about this matter in the first place.

They can't do anything about this. That's the point. They tried their best to get the game to as many people as possible.

They can't do anything about this. That's the point. They tried their best to get the game to as many people as possible.

Letting amazon price it for 160 euros without shipping is not bringing the game to as many people as possible but only to as many rich as possible.

Letting amazon price it for 160 euros without shipping is not bringing the game to as many people as possible but only to as many rich as possible.

How exactly is 160 Euros ( about $232 Canadian ) for " only rich people? "

I can personally say that almost EVERY Canadian user on this board who wanted the CE was prepared to pay $250+ to import it from the US. We lucked out because Canada DID end up getting CE's; but we were prepared to make that sacrifice.

I'm not " rich " but I am decent with managing finances, paying bills and such.

It just takes proper planning/financial management to get this to work. Put aside $10 a week. Over the next 7 months; you'll have $280. More than enough to cover the cost of the CE + shipping.

I don't know what the minimum wage is where you live ( It's $11/hr here ) but you can easily make this money in one week from doing 40 hours at your local McDonalds. In fact; you luck out. That $250 I quoted wasn't counting additional sales tax and such. From what I know of EU, you include VAT as part of the final price yes? In Canada depending on the province; sales tax is anywhere from 11% to 15%. ( Ontario is %13 ) so our final cost would have been closer to $300

Also; blaming CDPR for this isn't exactly fair to them. The publishers are the ones who decide the price based on the market/locale. If you want proof of this; look to the fact that CDPR is offering the game at the SAME price worldwide on the GOG website. Any difference ( higher currency rate etc ) is given back to you in GOG credit.

I don't think you can get more fair than that.

On a side note; is your username based off the game Septerra Core? That's easily one of my top 10 games of all time.

Is the collector's edition available in India?Or will it ever be available in the future?

There's been no sign of any in Asia, and there hasn't been a distributor announcement covering any part of Asia.

Your best bet is probably Amazon in Europe or US. If you go for Amazon in Europe, the VAT will be deducted from the final price, so it'll be less than it first looks. And if you want it for Day 1, it may be cheaper to go for a slow shipping option and get a second copy from GOG, so check the prices.

Top Bottom