The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition - availability information

+
What is the difference between your link and the page you get when you search amazon for witcher 3? I ordered from a third party seller, because it seemed to me that amazon didn't have any copies, but on your link it seems that they're accepting orders. My third party order didn't cost that much more (not like the 399 one which is listed there now), but if I could get it through amazon, and they ship internationally, that would be easier.

I just searched for Witcher 3 collectors edition, came up with that page and it was in stock for PS4 and PC from Amazon themselves so I imagine it's the same? I haven't seen it come up with any third party sellers yet.

So, do I get the PC (master race) Collector's Edition or do I get the XBone one that comes with the extra goodies? (and sell the xbox game as I won't be using it).

So, do I get the PC (master race) Collector's Edition or do I get the XBone one that comes with the extra goodies? (and sell the xbox game as I won't be using it).

I had the same conundrum! I eventually just went for the PC version even though I already have it on Steam, just so I can put the physical box next to the physical versions of Witcher 1 and 2 :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Witcher-Wil...UTF8&qid=1431552843&sr=1-3&keywords=witcher+3
This is the page I got, note that you cant select version or platform... I don't know the difference or why you would get one or the other page.

Well that's not the page I get, the one at the top for me is where it has "PS4, PC, Xbox One" listed below the title

Edit: PC version has seemed to have sold out now, only one left is the X1 version, I wouldn't buy the one for £399.99 from a third party seller, you could get it cheaper than that on ebay!

Last edited:
I contacted EB Games (Canada) on the status of my order. It won't show up on their website (it says order not found). They said it was because of a web system transition and gave me another order #. Still didn't work. I reconfirmed with them today that my order still exists. They have not started authorizing the payments yet and apparently will only ship up to 1 day before release. Well, it's a holiday in Canada on the 18th. :( And given that mail can never move that fast from the likely warehouse areas to my town, I'm skeptical I'll be getting it remotely close to Tuesday. They said it may take up to 10 business days from the ship date. !!!

Contacted NC Games here in Brazil to know why they got so few copies. Now I want one and it' sold out.
Only two stores received. Absurd!

Last edited:
Well that's not the page I get, the one at the top for me is where it has "PS4, PC, Xbox One" listed below the title

Edit: PC version has seemed to have sold out now, only one left is the X1 version, I wouldn't buy the one for £399.99 from a third party seller, you could get it cheaper than that on ebay!
Yeah, dont worry, the one I got was way cheaper. Now I'll just cross my fingers that everything goes smoothly.

So I recently moved and when I called GameStop to try and change my address they stated that they may not be able to do that and that my order may be cancelled. Awesome.

Let me back up. When The Witcher 3 originally went up for pre-order back in 2014 I immediately went to pre-order the Collector's Edition for PC. For some reason Canada was not an option so I ordered from GameStop in the US and had them ship to my address in Canada. Since then I've moved and attempted to have them change the address. I called the Canadian GameStop, EBGames, and they said to call the American call center. I called the American one and they stated they don't ship internationally and that if they put the change through it might be cancelled. They said I have to wait until they ship the product to see if it is cancelled or not so I'm currently stuck in limbo to "wait and see" if I get the pre-order.

I've checked on the Canadian EBGames site since then and have found that all the Collectors Editions are sold out. Because of my obviously bad choice in trusting GameStop US am I now screwed out of my Collector's Edition of The Witcher 3?

I've contacted GameStop about four times now and each time received a different answer. Apparently I can't order from Canada despite their website having international shipping options. I even used someone's advice to try borderlinks and ship to a US address however they stated that since the billing address is in Canada it will not work.

I've checked other retailers and it seems that everything is out of stock. Is my collector's edition that I preordered last September now lost due to GameStop's stupidity?

I've contacted GameStop about four times now and each time received a different answer. Apparently I can't order from Canada despite their website having international shipping options. I even used someone's advice to try borderlinks and ship to a US address however they stated that since the billing address is in Canada it will not work.

I've checked other retailers and it seems that everything is out of stock. Is my collector's edition that I preordered last September now lost due to GameStop's stupidity?
Yeah, gamestop.ca was replaced by ebgame.ca. They cancelled my pre-order without notice too, but I was quick enough to realize it and pre-ordered a new one from ebgames.ca

Is it possible to get Canada Post to forward your mail? I think that is a paid service for all of your mail to your old address to be redirected to your new one.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/products/details.page?article=forward_your_mail_wh

As a Canadian, I originally preordered a copy of the CE from Gamestop.com, but decided to cancel when it was made available at EB Games.ca. Now it appears the product no longer exists on the EB games website and my order has been cancelled without notification... Any fellow Canadians in the same situation?

At least I have Amazon.com as a back-up, but I'm uncertain if they'd be able to honour it as well.

As a Canadian, I originally preordered a copy of the CE from Gamestop.com, but decided to cancel when it was made available at EB Games.ca. Now it appears the product no longer exists on the EB games website and my order has been cancelled without notification... Any fellow Canadians in the same situation?

Did they notify you of the cancellation or does it just not show up in your order history? Today when I emailed them, they wrote "www.ebgames.ca has transitioned into a new web platform since you have placed this order and while all active orders under our previous platform have migrated to our new system, some orders may not be visible in your order history until they are shipped.

"The order is currently active and awaiting payment pre authorization. Pre orders for which payment has been authorized are processed and shipped up to 1 business days prior to the launch date for the product in order to allow deliveries to take place as early as the release date.

"Deliveries may take up to 10 business days following the shipping date depending on your shipping location and service selected when the order was originally placed. "

My order does not show up either, but I am hoping that their CS is telling the truth.

I got screwed by game.co.uk too. I was so happy that I could place my preorder and now they say "Hey we had payment problems and cancelled your order". That is so unfair. Like I had bad reputation for not paying my bills or something. Instead of just asking first and cancelling later. They really should get their stuff straight because if they handle their buisness always like this they won't have many customers very soon. I try to get one of the way overpriced versions via Ebay. I set myself a limit of 200 € including shipping costs. Maybe I can get a hold on a copy this way. I even consider buying only the CE's extra stuff and getting the game itself via GOG.com. That way I could get myself a kind of patchwork CE at least. God how I hate it when I get screwed this way...but the damn collector in me insists that I try. :p

I got screwed by game.co.uk too. I was so happy that I could place my preorder and now they say "Hey we had payment problems and cancelled your order". That is so unfair. Like I had bad reputation for not paying my bills or something. Instead of just asking first and cancelling later. They really should get their stuff straight because if they handle their buisness always like this they won't have many customers very soon. I try to get one of the way overpriced versions via Ebay. I set myself a limit of 200 € including shipping costs. Maybe I can get a hold on a copy this way. I even consider buying only the CE's extra stuff and getting the game itself via GOG.com. That way I could get myself a kind of patchwork CE at least. God how I hate it when I get screwed this way...but the damn collector in me insists that I try. :p

Check your inbox about the CE ;)

Regards,

mpk10

yeah!!

game.co.uk are annoying. cancelled order from them completely, not using them again until they change their systems for failed payment and auto order cancel.
yes i have sent feedback on it, im not just 'internet raging' about it ;)

ordered from amazon instead. it says available again. was on briefly yeaterday, then said 'click here for email updates about availability' and now its back in stock.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Witcher-Wil...UTF8&qid=1431605171&sr=8-2&keywords=witcher+3

Playstation 4 is completely out of stock, says 'alert me'

XBONE is available fort £139.99

PC says available for £129.99

I always prefer to pre-order with Amazon, think in all the time I have pre-ordered games there has only been one occasion that it hasn't arrived on the day of release and that is over the course of a good number of years buying games ahead of release. Really looking forward to this one so hoping they mess up and deliver it early (as unlikely as that is lol).

Top Bottom