The Witcher 3 crash (Steam)

+
Hi.
I have a problem about game crashing for a long time. The game crash ramdomly without message error. Before crashing, it have glitter on the scene (red and green glitter), the scene blink in black (it seem happen when the scene is dark like in cave or night time) and character's faces get black sometime. And when game is crashing the screen is freezed, but can here the game's sound. I must press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to exit the game, but don't show message error.

Here, my PC spec :
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.9 GHz
CPU : GTX 1070 (Zotac) driver 436.30
RAM : 16 GB bus 3200 MHz
PSU : Corsair RM 750x
Mobo : Asus ROG Crosshair 7 Hero
Storage : SSD 240 GB x1, SSD 1 TB x1, HDD 1 TB x1

**The game install in SSD 1 TB**
CPU Temperature when play the game not above 60 C and GPU not above 72 C.

My resolve steps :
1. Decreased graphic setting.
2. Closed V-Sycn.
3. Adjusted setting in nVidia Control Panel.
4. Removed mod (Thai language mod).
5. Verified game files.
6. Reinstalled game.
7. Reset overclocking to default.
8. Backwarded the graphic driver.
9. Closed Steam overlay.
10. Reinstalled the OS.

I did everything in that list, but notting change. Other games run smoothly, haven't problem.
Please help me to fix the problem. Thank.

Definitely avoid overclocking. In some cases underclocking seems to help, but that can also cause problems.

Are there any other applications running in the background? Programs like Duet display, Fraps, Uplay and so on can also cause crashes.

To what nvidia driver version did you roll back to?
Turning off Nvidia Shadowplay might be worth a try.

Definitely avoid overclocking. In some cases underclocking seems to help, but that can also cause problems.

Are there any other applications running in the background? Programs like Duet display, Fraps, Uplay and so on can also cause crashes.

To what nvidia driver version did you roll back to?
Turning off Nvidia Shadowplay might be worth a try.
I used to roll back to version 416.94 (now the lasted version).

On the background, I run Uplay, Steam, Kaspersky Internet Security, Discord and Nvidia setting.

You should try closing uplay and discord and see if that changes anything.

If you roll back you need to pick an older version. Something around 390 usually works better.

You should try closing uplay and discord and see if that changes anything.

If you roll back you need to pick an older version. Something around 390 usually works better.
I did all your suggest, but it's the same.

I rooled back the graphic driver to 399.24. I closed Uplay and discord. And I removed all mod and reinstalled the game.
I think I should reinstall again.

P.S. Do you think the problem is Steam cloud save?

Top Bottom