The Witcher 3 delays will not affect Cyberpunk 2077's development :D

+
The Witcher 3 delays will not affect Cyberpunk 2077's development :D

What a good news :D

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wi...-ps4-and-pc-game-cyberpunk-2077/1100-6418262/

The delay of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC will not materially affect development on CD Projekt Red's other major role-playing game Cyberpunk 2077, CEO of the Polish studio Marcin Iwinski has said.

"Cyberpunk 2077 is developed by a separate team within CD Projekt Red, so the development of Cyberpunk 2077 is not really affected," Iwinski told GameSpot today. Cyberpunk 2077 is also coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

But that's not the full story. Because The Witcher 3 is such a large project, some Cyberpunk 2077 developers have moved over to The Witcher team to help get the product out the door.

"In order to ship a huge RPG we do use help of certain team members between teams. It works this way between Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3," he said.

These developers bounce between teams to finalize "key" elements and features, he said. This is a standard development practice and The Witcher 3's delay is not going to impact in any significant way development on Cyberpunk 2077. "So no harm done here," he explained.

"We are working hard to deliver an outstanding RPG and rest assured, that all the learnings on The Witcher 3 are being applied to the Cyberpunk 2077 development," Iwinski said.

The Witcher 3 was expected to launch this fall, but CD Projekt Red delayed the game yesterday to February 2015 so the team could achieve a level of quality that will set it apart from other role-playing games. Meanwhile, CD Projekt Red has not announced a release date of any kind for Cyberpunk 2077, which the studio calls a "true RPG."

Last edited:
Good but, that means... what exactly? We already don't have any estimation about when the game will be released anyway.. We don't even know anything about the game..

Come on CDPR! Give us something! A screenshot, a new trailer, information about some of the games features, anything!

Good but, that means... what exactly? We already don't have any estimation about when the game will be released anyway.. We don't even know anything about the game..

Come on CDPR! Give us something! A screenshot, a new trailer, information about some of the games features, anything!
we have a year, 2016 :D

Forum veteran
Wouldn't it make sense that Witcher 3 being in development longer + 2077 developers helping with the game = less time said developers would be working on 2077? Saying that 2077's development won't be affected because they're separate teams and then mentioning that some of the people on the 2077 team have been shifted over to do something else seems fairly contradictory, and doesn't that mean that it'll take longer for the fluid team members on the other side to shift to 2077?

I don't know how much I trust this. Seems like damage control more than anything.

Yeah well it basically says that the newest Witcher delay won't have similar (3month) effect on CP77. But also that Witcher development has already slowed down CP maybe just not asmuch then again who knows, propably +/- 0

The Witcher 3 delay does not affect Cyberpunk 2077

New article

That means a slight wish both out in the same year? 2015 would be just too much epic to bear in that case

The game itself is based on a PnP RPG, it will be a game where player choice effects the world, that sort of thing..

That's how I would like to interpret it, but I would also extend it to concern how the gameplay works; as being based on PnP, how closely does it emulate that and the sense of character that provides (within the more or less obvious computer environment afflictions). That's what I'd be interested in hearing about.

I've heard so much stuff from these companies in an attempt to reassure that everything will jingle an sparkle just the right way, only to find out that all there is, is a rusty "clank" from a broken bell, that I'm a bit cynical of these matters by nature.

That's how I would like to interpret it, but I would also extend it to concern how the gameplay works; as being based on PnP, how closely does it emulate that and the sense of character that provides (within the more or less obvious computer environment afflictions). That's what I'd be interested in hearing about.

You see an awful lot of games that get described as aRPG just because they have skills and attributes that improve as you play the game. Where the story is just a rationalisation of exactly WHY the character needs to go from A to B, where choice and consequence means "Pick the right weapon or you'll die", "Should I turn left or right?" or "Lethal or non-Lethal?", and where role-play means character dialogue options that may express personality but don't have any impact on the game. A lot of these are very good games, but not exactly "true" RPG.

I think he's trying to say that CP77 won't be like that.

I've heard so much stuff from these companies in an attempt to reassure that everything will jingle an sparkle just the right way, only to find out that all there is, is a rusty "clank" from a broken bell, that I'm a bit cynical of these matters by nature.

Play Fallout 2.
It's old and turn based, but it's pretty close to what they're heading to I think (not exactly, but the basic idea is here). Your character points (reflexes, intelligence, etc...) "make" your character, for example, if you just put 1pts in Intelligence, all you can say is "Booogiiiieaaaah", you have to choose them wisely at the start, then you choose your basic skills to "define" your character role (gun, medecine, thief, etc...), if you start your game roaming the map by the left, or the right, you'll not encounter the same places, so you'll have different angle of the story, plus your action have an impact over how people are going to interact with you, adding to this the faction you could have joined (esclavagist, etc...), so all of this make the game pretty wide "story-wise" since you can play 2 Fallout 2 games and never having the same "game" in the end, etc...
I thinks that's what they mean by "True RPG", in The Witcher you're forced to be Gerald so you don't have much choices "character wise", here you'll probably have a lot of variation over the world by who and how you play it.

Top Bottom