The Witcher 3 DLC issues. "waiting to install" (PS4)

+
The Witcher 3 DLC issues. "waiting to install" (PS4)

So here is the issue basically. i downloaded Blood and Wine, Hearts of stone and some of the other smaller DLC's. once i finished the installation it keeps saying "Ready to Install". i have a UAE account which is a region 2 account by the way, and my disk region says "All", the box of the disk has spanish written all over it. naturally i assumed that if a disk region says "All", that it works with all regions. and since it has spanish written on the box, i said it in any case, it would for Spain and would be a EU account, which again is region 2. and my UAE account would be compatible with it.

Regardless, i did some research and found out it might be a region issue, so i went to my USA account and downloaded one of those free DLC's triss new custom, and it installed.

what i want now is to be able to install the DLC i payed for and be able to play it on my save file, which i completed and finished pretty much every side quest as well. how can i make this work?

some other info. i have patch 1.2 installed. i also tried the restore license option and it did not work

Last edited:
Can you please check if the game in question says anything about "licensed for play in North/South America"...
for home use only...copyright SCEA" (Sony Computer Entertainment America)

looking at the fine print on the game cover?

I have the impression than even if it says "ALL", DLCs and Codes contents can be redeemed using a USA/Canada account only!

(and that's unfortunately Region 1!)

Can you please check if the game in question says anything about "licensed for play in North/South America"...
for home use only...copyright SCEA" (Sony Computer Entertainment America)

looking at the fine print on the game cover?

I have the impression than even if it says "ALL", DLCs and Codes contents can be redeemed using a USA/Canada account only!

(and that's unfortunately Region 1!)

the box is in spanish, how am i supposed to do that?

Got it!

That disc is "licensed for play in North/South America" and it's a Region 1 Disc.

http://imgur.com/N6TGgSJ

autorizado para su distribución en Norteamérica y sudamerica
........................................................||........................................
V.........................................
authorized for distribution in North America and South America

Last edited:
so what does this mean?

and how can i fix this?

btw thanks for your help

---------- Updated at 11:30 PM ----------

is there any possible way i can switch my DLC from one region to another?

Sony hasnt been any help here, i contacted them and they were no help at all.

---------- Updated at 11:34 PM ----------

Got it!

That disc is "licensed for play in North/South America" and it's a Region 1 Disc.

http://imgur.com/N6TGgSJ

autorizado para su distribución en Norteamérica y sudamerica
........................................................||........................................
V.........................................
authorized for distribution in North America and South America

ok so what now? how can i fix this?

can CD project help?

i mean i did pay for the content after all.

You have bought your DLCs with your UAE account.

If you have bought those DLCs with the US account it should work!

You can play the game on any account on the system (as long as you have activated your PS4 with that account, as a primary)

but the DLC will not show up, if the DLC in question is from an account of a different region.

You have bought your DLCs with your UAE account.

If you have bought those DLCs with the US account it should work!

You can play the game on any account on the system (as long as you have activated your PS4 with that account, as a primary)

but the DLC will not show up, if the DLC in question is from an account of a different region.

yup, thank you for helping me with identifying the issue, but now i really need a solution.

Well, the problem is your disk. It's listed as ALL (very misleading if you ask me), but actually it's a Region 1 game disk.

So for the DLCs to work, they must be from an US account (Region 1)

You have an US account (so Region 1), but unfortunately you bought the DLCs from a Region 2 account.

"DLC is usually region-specific, so the DLC's region must match the game's region"

You may wanna contact Sony customer support for that!

Well, the problem is your disk. It's listed as ALL (very misleading if you ask me), but actually it's a Region 1 game disk.

So for the DLCs to work, they must be from an US account (Region 1)

You have an US account (so Region 1), but unfortunately you bought the DLCs from a Region 2 account.

"DLC is usually region-specific, so the DLC's region must match the game's region"

You may wanna contact Sony customer support for that!

Hi Mark5916,

I have a question regarding this same issue. I own the southamerican/latinamerican version of the game base The witcher 3, I'm looking to buy the retail version of hearts of stone DLC (the one that comes with the gwent deck) on amazon.com so it will be the USA version of the DLC retail package. My question is? Since only a redeem DLC code for the expansion will be in the retail box, will it work on my Latinamerica game base disc? I do have an USA ps account. Based on what you said earlier on this post Latinamerica and USA share the same region (R1) so it would work right? and If I get an european DLC retail box the code won't work, right? please help :(

According to the picture you send me earlier, that game falls under the SCEA countries.

SCEA Countries:

Argentina

Belize

Bolivia

Brazil

Canada

Chile

Columbia

Costa Rica

Dominican Republic

Ecuador

El Salvador

French Guinea

Guatemala

Guyana

Honduras

Mexico

Nicaragua

Panama

Paraguay

Peru

Puerto Rico

South Korea

Suriname

United States

Uruguay

PSN codes are locked to the country they are bought from, and MUST match the country of the PSN account.

According to the above, as you have an USA account, those codes should work on your account!

Last edited:
Top Bottom