The Witcher 3 dont start anymore

+
Hello folks,

after many years of a great running W3, theres now the time im really helpless.

System: Win 10 / RTX 2070 / i7-9700K

Witcher 3 GOTY by GoG Launcher

DxDiag added

Some days ago everythin runs great, i used some new mods and i have to realise something went wrong, a virus ore something else entered the completly system.

- Windows reset by myself everything is fine, just reinstall all new - but the Witcher dont let get started, its vanilla no mods nothig, Microsoft Visual C++2005 - 2022 installed, newest graphic card driver installed, no .dlls missing.

It just dont do anything

if i start the Desktop icon - Launcher get started and he trying to sync for 1/2 - 1 Sec an than its over. More of nothing....happening

i hope someone can help me out

EDIT: other Games i also reinstalled new run without Problems

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    96.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
if i start the Desktop icon - Launcher get started and he trying to sync for 1/2 - 1 Sec an than its over. More of nothing....happening
You mean the launcher (GOG) can't launch the game or there is a problem with the launcher itself ?
At least, if it's not already done, take a look on all of these steps at first ;)

i can start the clean game via Lucher also the same the Desktop (Witcher 3 ) icon.

The link you posted i already tryed it 3 times before, +1 now

EDIT: Launcher works perfect, just the game cant get started

Found something "maybe" related (directx 9.0)
And :
I'm not sure if this might be helpful, but I had the exact same problem. GOG support told me to try installing the game inside a folder with a shorter path, say C:\GOG or C:\Games (instead of "Programs" or "Programs (x86)").
I installed the June 2010 DirectX Runtime Paket for good measure and that was it, game works perfectly!

i tried to update Net.framework
i installed DirectX 2010 June
Witcher 3 path is now: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Witcher 3\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY

still dont want to start

EDIT: at this moment i install it directly on C:

its already done :) 2 days ago
but its weekend so i have to wait untill mondays+

EDIT: Path now is: C:\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY

still dont work

Ok another guess, but I suppose that you already check :(
Make sure that Windows Defender or any kind of AV doesn't interfer with the game nor prevent it to create new files in your AppData folder (it's a "fresh" install, so the game must create some files in your AppData folder).

No Anti Vir or other Installed, also not blocked by Windows Defender.

I really dont know what to do anymore, next step is i install cyberpunk 2077 if it works and the whitcher not, i have no bloody clue

EDIT: its now 18:21 in Berlin, Cyberpunk 2077 runs great, The Wither 3 not
Post automatically merged:

Maybe there someone else have a idea for it:
A Picture from my Launcher

it says "Ooops something is wrong" and "apparently we couldn't connect to the service this time"

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
No answer from the suport until today.
i tried to buy witcher from steam but it also dont start

Top Bottom