The Witcher 3 easter egg referring to Cyberpunk 2077

+
this sparked my hope a little... the dust from TW3 just needs to settle, then it will be autobahn for CP77

can u tell im stoked?!

From a creative POV, Obsidian kinda sucked as a studio.

KOTOR II had some really really cringe-worthy lines,

Bioware can also fuck up big time. See Jade Empire. I so wanted to like that game.

I have a lot of problems with ME's writing, but I really got invested in it despite all that.

Bioware can also fuck up big time. See Jade Empire. I so wanted to like that game.

I have a lot of problems with ME's writing, but I really got invested in it despite all that.

Heh I just got Jade Empire from the GOG sale as I never played it, so now you tell me :p. Oh well opinions and all that maybe I'll like it, I mean it can't be worse than Dragon Age 2 right?

Last edited:
Heh I just got Jade Empire from the GOG sale as I never played it, so now you tell me :p. Oh well opinions and all that maybe I'll like it, I mean it can't be worse than Dragon Age 2 right?

I don't know, never played DA2. And hey, I wish you to get the best out of JE. There is some enjoyment in it.

Forum veteran
I mean it can't be worse than Dragon Age 2 right?
Jade Empire is awesome. It's like KOTOR and Mass Effect 1's lovechild, complete with the probably-unintentional racism you'd expect from a Canadian studio writing a bunch of Chinese characters. It follows Bioware's typical formula unapologetically, but it's also one of those older games that actually succeeds at it.

Some people don't like it, obviously, but some people stab their friends to appease Slenderman, point being that some people who shan't be named but if they were would probably start with a D and end with an ecatonkeil just have terrible taste that prevents them from savoring such gems.

EDIT: And you're making a fool out of yourself as usual, poet. Obsidian is one of the best studios in the history of studio-ing, and KOTOR 2 has some incredible lines. Kreia is even inspired by Ravel from Planescape, and she has some great dialogue to match. Did you not play Alpha Protocol? Pillars of Eternity? New Vegas? Even their South Park game was a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Some people don't like it, obviously, but some people stab their friends to appease Slenderman, point being that some people who shan't be named but if they were would probably start with a D and end with an ecatonkeil just have terrible taste that prevents them from savoring such gems.

The stabbing friends part kinda reminded me of someone, not sure who exactly... but the other clues put me off.

Forum veteran
The stabbing friends part kinda reminded me of someone, not sure who exactly... but the other clues put me off.
I'm renowned for my subtlety. People speak about it all the time in hushed tones. I assume that's what they're talking about, at least—it wouldn't be very hushed if I could hear them. Still.

And how can you not like a Chinese-themed game that has an actual character named "Happy Endings"? Why do you hate happiness and entertainment so, Decatonkatonk?

EDIT: And you're making a fool out of yourself as usual, poet. Obsidian is one of the best studios in the history of studio-ing, and KOTOR 2 has some incredible lines. Kreia is even inspired by Ravel from Planescape, and she has some great dialogue to match. Did you not play Alpha Protocol? Pillars of Eternity? New Vegas? Even their South Park game was a lot of fun.

Maybe to those who are not cultured enough to know any better. No doubt you enjoyed the WWE drama that was KOTOR II. However, your name dropping does little to bolster your argument.

KOTOR II had the intention to introduce shades of grey to Star Wars.That's laudable on paper. However in practice it was far more black and white then the original KOTOR. E.g. The peace-loving Ithorians vs. the money-grubbing Czerka. The writers missed a golden opportunity to explore the theme of monarchy.The background lore itself is actually a lot greyer then in the game, and it's a wonder why the writer did not choose to reflect this esp. vis-a-vis Onderon.

And on and on and on it goes. That's just the tip of the iceberg. I don't feel like recalling the immature and unfunny jokes that permates KOTOR II like seagulls in a McDonald parking.

Alpha Protocol was at best a B-movie... with no has-been celebrities. Non-sensical plot. Extremely contrived and utterly unbelievable choices. Bad gameplay by both FPS and RPG standards. Plot holes the size of grand canyon on first playthrough.

New Vegas was both unfunny, and uninteresting. Like Skyrim, it relied on loredump and boring monologues to move the story forward.

Truth of the matter is, the audience for most C&C RPGs aren't really after good narrative. They are after the visceral experience of living their fantasies which usually translate into answering questions like:

"What if batman beat superman and I had kryptonite? Who would I help and why?"
"What if a communist teenager with angst problem became a vampire?"
"What if a bunch of vampires decided to adopt the symbols of said communist teenager with angst problems?"

I would go as far as saying that most RPGs are Harlequin novels for men.

Last edited:
Woah, harsh words. Interesting comparisons, though.

WHEN PEOPLE RESPOND, remember to keep it relatively civil, ( we're a little crazier here, so I'm not gonna go all hardcore, but if you light up a giant angry flamewar, SO MANY PONIES) and preferably a little humourous.

Forum veteran
WHEN PEOPLE RESPOND, remember to keep it relatively civil
Oh please, everyone loves poet despite his endless, adorable wrongness about nearly everything.

Maybe to those who are not cultured enough to know any better. No doubt you enjoyed the WWE drama that was KOTOR II.
I've always said that Kreia and The Rock have a lot in common.

I don't feel like recalling the immature and unfunny jokes that permates KOTOR II like seagulls in a McDonald parking.
You need to find a better fast food establishment if yours is suffering from a seagull infestation. Just saying.

Alpha Protocol was at best a B-movie... with no has-been celebrities. Non-sensical plot. Extremely contrived and utterly unbelievable choices. Bad gameplay by both FPS and RPG standards. Plot holes the size of grand canyon on first playthrough.
Of course its gameplay is bad by FPS standards. It isn't one. And it clearly draws inspiration from the Bond/Mission Impossible school of spying, including ridiculous characters/situations and backstabs galore. The story makes perfect sense when you view it through that prism instead of going in expecting some kind of boringly plausible spy game.

New Vegas was both unfunny, and uninteresting. Like Skyrim, it relied on loredump and boring monologues to move the story forward.
Are you trying to make me cry? It's not... sniff... not going to work. And how am I supposed to refute such vague statements, anyway? Those are opinions, not objective facts/examples that can be challenged. Come on.

Truth of the matter is, the audience for most C&C RPGs aren't really after good narrative.
The problem is that you seem to have a narrow criteria for what constitutes "good narrative." I don't think games require a Witcher-esque level of believability or moral grayness to check that box. I mean, Blood Dragon is ridiculous, but it's still a well-written homage to over the top 80s movies. The KOTOR games take place in a manichean universe where your alignment dictates what kind of force powers you have and impacts your complexion, but have great narratives while being true to that universe. Perhaps you're just intolerant and closed-minded?

And if Batman beat Superman and you had kryptonite, you would HAVE to help Batman. He's not weakened by it, so trying to help Supes would mean risking getting beat down by the Bat. Duh.

a little ciri cameo in cyberpunk 2077 would be awesome .. she did say she spent half a year in this alternate world.. COME ON DEVS YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!

Wonder if we will be able to unlock an "I want to believe." achievement for finding Ciri and witnessing her powers, or some other supernatural easter egg.

Last edited:

I really liked Jade Empire, so it really does depend upon your personal opinions; and speaking of Easter Eggs, there is a character in JE from the book "Bridge of Birds" by Barry Hughart. (which is a beautifully written novel of a fantasy China "that should have been" which has some similarities with JE)

---------- Updated at 12:59 AM ----------

a little ciri cameo in cyberpunk 2077 would be awesome .. she did say she spent half a year in this alternate world.. COME ON DEVS YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!

I'd love to play a game about Ciri hopping worlds and CP would be a great stop along the way!

Top Bottom