The Witcher 3 easter egg referring to Cyberpunk 2077

+
The Witcher 3 easter egg referring to Cyberpunk 2077

i saw this in the Witcher forum and just wanted to share this with you guys

In The Witcher 3, two characters had a conversation, Geralt and his adopted daughter Ciri.

Ciri is possessed of a type of magical blood that gives her the ability to open doors between worlds, teleporting to mysterious alternate dimensions at will. As the two reminisce, she says that she spent a significant portion of their time apart—half a year—hiding in one particular world that sounds… interesting.

“People there had metal in their heads. Waged war from a distance, using things similar to megascopes. And there were no horses, everyone had their own flying ship instead.”
The minute Ciri mentioned people with metal in their heads, my ears perked up. The minute she mentioned flying ships, my eyebrows perked alongside them. Could she be talking about… Witcher-developer CD Projekt Red’s other big upcoming game, CP2077?

The Megascope reference is interesting. In The Witcher lore, megascopes are magical devices that Sorceresses use to communicate with one another across vast distances, among other things.
“Things similar to megascopes” could be anything, then, from a digital communications device to some sort of cybernetic implant.

Last edited:
Metal in their heads is obvious, things similair to megascopes probably refers to computers, flying ships sounds like AV's, presumably cheaper and more widespread than they were 57 years ago.

Deductive reasoning, dont fail me now!

Wonder if wel hear an easter egg in 2077 referencing her. Perhaps as an urban legend of some sort that either no one believes or gets brushed off as some crazy experimental tech.

Last edited:
Oooh! Something like this, maybe! That I arted, back in the day.

Last edited:
Sard saying CP will never happen? Is this bizzaro world?

just Sard playing mind games

Wonder if wel hear an easter egg in 2077 referencing her. Perhaps as an urban legend of some sort that either no one believes or gets brushed off as some crazy experimental tech.

Ciri said she spent six months in this CP world,maybe when CP77 finally comes out, we’ll run across a certain white-haired warrior lady in hiding

braindancer has earned his Easter Bunny.

Wow. Nice find Braindancer. That's almost a bit too immersion breaking breaking for me though. I already think Ciri visiting medieval Europe is out there.

Wouldnt it be awesome if, in the stinger for the credits of Witcher 3, we saw a short teaser for 2077. Doesnt have to be anything visual. Just a disembodied voice shouting "Hey Choomba! Wake up!" or something along that line accompanied by police sirens in the background.

But alas, such a thing is too awesome to actually happen, knowing our luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom