The Witcher 3 game of the year edition Crashing on Xbox Series X

+
The Witcher 3 game of the year edition Crashing on Xbox Series X,

I can't launch the game when I had updated,

How to fix this problem?

I play on Series X too, but on the "regular" version (in performance mode, the game run very well and no crash/issues of any kind in about 20 hrs).
If you didn't already try, clear the cache :

Hello.. I have problems in Velen! I was amazed at the beginning of the game how well it was moving with RT ON but when I got to Velen they dropped drastically I think somewhere below 25fps, I switched to performance mode but there were big fps drops here in some areas and it freezes sometimes.

If clearing cache doesn't improve the situation you can always contact support directly:

For better performance in some cases it might be best to disable RT for now.

I play on Series X too, but on the "regular" version (in performance mode, the game run very well and no crash/issues of any kind in about 20 hrs).
If you didn't already try, clear the cache :
Thank you,
I had try that, but not working, and I change the system language and restart, the game can play now.

The game has crashed various times while I was in oxenfurt specifically and in the area where you get the "fake papers" quest aswell. Abnormal bad fps drops running the raytracing mode on Xbox series x. I refuse to play performance mode as the only reason I wanna play Witcher 3 again is literally because of the stunning raytracing it has. It's so sad that after what 2 freaking years? The update finally released and it seems literally unfinished.

1) Terrible fps stuttering experience playing on Rtx mode
2) Draw distance flashy things when you look at the mountains or clouds you see things that shouldn't be there
3) Purple/violet webs mostly showing up when you are surrounded by webs
4) crashing and goes back to Xbox menu me needing to restart the game to load back my previous save

Last edited:
I tried to load the game up after the next-gen update on Series X and it goes past the intro sequence into the first loading screen and I let it try to load for an hour but it never did. I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall it but that didn’t work. Someone help!?!

The game has crashed various times while I was in oxenfurt specifically and in the area where you get the "fake papers" quest aswell. Abnormal bad fps drops running the raytracing mode on Xbox series x. I refuse to play performance mode as the only reason I wanna play Witcher 3 again is literally because of the stunning raytracing it has. It's so sad that after what 2 freaking years? The update finally released and it seems literally unfinished.

1) Terrible fps stuttering experience playing on Rtx mode
2) Draw distance flashy things when you look at the mountains or clouds you see things that shouldn't be there
3) Purple/violet webs mostly showing up when you are surrounded by webs
4) crashing and goes back to Xbox menu me needing to restart the game to load back my previous save
Same here. I'd like to add that I experience horrible framepacing in RTmode. I wanted to play it anyway but with the crashes and bad frame pacing it kills all the joy so i give it up for now. How could this happen CDPR? I mean it's your biggest success and it feels like you treat it half hearted. Please fix the RT mode🙏🏻
EDIT: I did a fresh install of the complete edition with all DLCs and started a new game.

So it's confirmed they are working on all platforms. My guess on why raytracing isn't running too well is because it's something more hard to implement and study how to make it work properly in a game. Raytracing is something new CDPR is trying to improve on. I'm not much surpirsed why the game having problems specifically for Raytracing mode. But be assured it will get fixed. Also consider going to the Cdproject technical support site and tell them everything your having issues with so that they get the best direction on what to do for making the experience best as possible. Choose your platform, update your playing in etc. Be precise or else it'll confuse them. 👍🏻

Got same issue game just crashes for no reason so 3 times today.
Just a question :)
In which mode are you playing ?
I'm on Series X too, about 50 hours on the next gen version in performance mode (can't stand 30 FPS anymore) and zero crash, none.

Top Bottom